Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Episode 2 should of been the first hr of the premiere. Shiet was action packed compared to the first episode. Only saw it because it came on after the season premiere of Leverage or I would of totally forgot about this show.

Ifrit's lolCudgel
    QQing is what I do best

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Completely forgot about the show on Sunday. Has anyone see rating figures from last night compared to the premiere?

Wait I'm confused, there wasn't an episode on yesterday?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There was and it was pretty good. Still needs to drop the tender kid moments or I may drop this.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

Yeah its been alright so far. One thing that really bugged me is:

Spoiler: show
    I think even people with little military training are smart enough not to run out into the open like that black guy did. I mean seriously what the hell? The soldiers from the killzone 3 story have more discipline than that.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Flarega View Post
    Yeah its been alright so far. One thing that really bugged me is:

I think even people with little military training are smart enough not to run out into the open like that black guy did. I mean seriously what the hell? The soldiers from the killzone 3 story have more discipline than that.
    Black people.....what can you do? He got someone captured and almost got more people killed.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Black people.....what can you do? He got someone captured and almost got more people killed.
    round blax never relax

aduidarnenye

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    There was and it was pretty good. Still needs to drop the tender kid moments or I may drop this.
    This is the downfall of many a great science fiction show or movie. They think they need it to appeal to the mass audience I believe.

I just want to see cool looking stuff blow up other cool looking stuff.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Another good show last night. I'm liking this show so far, still a little too much drama vs not enough exploding things but its still good. My wife likes it too.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni12556082/

TNT Renews Falling Skies For Season 2
    TNT has ordered a 10-episode second season of its Noah Wyle-fronted alien invasion drama Falling Skies, to air in summer 2012.

With a cumulative weekly audience of more than 6 million viewers, the Steven Spielberg-produced thriller stands as cable’s No. 1 new drama.

“Falling Skies is a true standout series, from its ambitious storytelling, high-profile cast and production team to its phenomenal success when it comes to international and time-shifted viewing,” said TNT bigwig Michael Wright. “We’re reaching new audiences with Falling Skies and look forward to seeing where this fascinating and exciting series takes us next.”

I have to say I am a bit surprised. I am really struggling with this show so far. Watched all episodes to date and my interest just isn't there... I wanted so much to like it!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I couldn't sit through most of the pilot, I might try ep 2 out of boredom with so many "it's pretty good" posts.

I was surprised how much I enjoy the show.

The dude from Wings is my favorite so far. Pope reminds me so much of Sawyer from Lost.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'll keep watching the show because it gives me something to do. But I'm not enjoying it so much. Its really a shame because I was really looking forward to this. So much of it is about the kids though. Fuck children they should never be in shows. Bad acting and sappy bullshit have no place in an alien invasion show.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I am up to date on it now (through ep4). I feel bad for the special effects team that is putting out nearly movie quality stuff for TV-movie-quality writing and acting. It's a shame that there are no writers for sci-fi that can make a story without relying on main characters being complete idiots to create tension/drama/conflict...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

decent twist tonight, although i kind of stopped caring about seeing this lately, gf's still all about it though

It wasn't hard to tell that guy was bad news when he showed up. I wonder what the agreement he has with the skidders is all about.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

As I watched this last night I knew something felt odd about that army guy that showed up and told them to make the kids go ahead of them. By the end of the episode pretty much what i figured would happen, happened.
    Next week is gonna be a good one, and I think the series has been getting better by the week.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by ikethegreat View Post
    It wasn't hard to tell that guy was bad news when he showed up. I wonder what the agreement he has with the skidders is all about.
    The second he suggested moving the kids separately I knew that was going to be an attempt to liven up the already stagnant storyline. I, too am done caring about this show. I did catch the "next week on..." trailer at the end. It says that the most electrifying episode is yet to come as it just shows clips of boring continuation from this week.