BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Additionally they never explained why the "super weapon" was pointed at the sky. My guess was to take them out before they arrived.
    Ben did say the weapon was not meant for the humans, so it's safe to say it was for the new guys. The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

They have to be allies because they've already revealed that the eldest son is going to turn evil. You can't have 2 evil plots running simultaneously in a campy show like this.

Also, the plots aren't all that bad, but the goddamn campy writing is TERRIBLE. Okay, so you're going underground, trying to SURPRISE the enemy. What do you do? Talk all cutesy-like about romance and shit. Come the fuck on. D:

I mad at the writers.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

^this 100% I really fucking hate teeniebop drama mixed in with life and death shit. If an alien is torturing me i'm not giving a shit if evil alien bitch is kissing all over someone. I've seen a few people suggest checking out Vampire Diaries on this forum, and I couldn't get around the teenie bopper bs "My brother could possibly die, but I am confused about my feelings between Stefan or Damon!".

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Vampire Diaries is actually extremely good. It is the median between Twilight and True Blood. If you hate them both though, don't bother obviously. There are a shit ton of hot chicks in it though, including Nina Dobrev which is in my top 3 for the last year.

The ending was good IMO. I think ally as well. Also, I 100% agree the evil blond is an absolute terrible actress.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Alot
    Ok, lets try again.
    Watching last one/two ep. is enough to keep up with season3?, I can live without seeing any minute detail of whatever happened during the season, especially with all the teen bullshit, there was plenty of kid crap in S1 to last me up to season4

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Vampire Diaries is actually extremely good. It is the median between Twilight and True Blood. If you hate them both though, don't bother obviously. There are a shit ton of hot chicks in it though, including Nina Dobrev which is in my top 3 for the last year.

The ending was good IMO. I think ally as well. Also, I 100% agree the evil blond is an absolute terrible actress.
    Yeah, not a fan of Twilight in the least. I like Trueblood, but I think solely for the reason it's over the top ridiculous. I think Vampire Diaries takes itself way too seriously to have the retarded dialogue they have when faced with threats: The vampire that snaps your brother's neck, eats half of the entire town and you're still contemplating whether to ask him or his brother to the 70s decade dance; all the while someone wants to sacrifice you and drain you of all of your blood.

I just hope they don't go that route with this show. It's ridonkulous.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If they could cut down on the all the forced romance plots and crappy dialogue I firmly believe the show would improve exponentially. As it stands I still watch the show every Sunday so they must be doing something right. Course that could also be because of Maggie. But whatever!

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

i know hal has a bug in his brain but how do we know he's an overlord in disguise?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Not sure why it's understood he's an overlord, can't he simply be an inside-agent?

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

My reason for thinking that way is as follows.

Spoiler: show
    After Tom killed the overlord by beating it to death Karen yelled over to him that it wouldn't be that easy before she became a human monkey girl and climbed away. I think the implication was that it wasn't going to be that easy to take out the overlord.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    If they could cut down on the all the forced romance plots and crappy dialogue I firmly believe the show would improve exponentially. As it stands I still watch the show every Sunday so they must be doing something right. Course that could also be because of Maggie. But whatever!
    Every show would be better for this. Every. Single. Show.

Most hollywood movies as well. How many movies have we seen that have come out and we're all like "wait, there's a love triangle in this movie WHY?!!" 90% of the time it makes no sense unless the focus of the movie is the romance itself. More often than not, however, the shit is just so they can pander to whatever audience has to see whatever A or B list actor make out with another one and grasp at some feel-good "awww" movie.

Fucking explosions going all over the place and instead of trying to save someone, some boneheaded protagonist is thinking about some random hot chick he just met 3 hours earlier. Shit's annoying, man.

Edit: Yeah, the overlord died far too easily for it to just be "over" for him. Then again, this show is campy as hell and the writing is clearly aimed at the 14-year-old demographic that just eats up "plot twists" like that.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Edit: Yeah, the overlord died far too easily for it to just be "over" for him. Then again, this show is campy as hell and the writing is clearly aimed at the 14-year-old demographic that just eats up "plot twists" like that.
    That's what I'm saying. Add on top of that you basically have Karen saying straight up that it's not over etc.

One would think, the overlord with all his brain power, after getting captured and almost dying would think to not underestimate humans, and beef up his freaking security. Especially when we get the info about how important they are (and also how stupid).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I took it more as a "It's not that easy" (to end the war).

Remember, (the Rebel Leader) DID say that the Overlords keep everything in their head and don't store anything "externally" (and a robotic creature I'd call outside source). Besides; it's quite obvious he got "infected" by the creature with the kiss Karen gave him.

They again, I suppose one could argue that they slipped the Rebels the information on purpose and staged the entire thing just to get an Overlord in to Mass 2. Would explain how it was way too easy to get to the weapon in the first place.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Star child is behind it all. Mark my words mother fuckers. You'll see.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Am I the only one that automatically thought of the Protheans the second that alien space marine came out of his pod?

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just finished season one of this, plan on watching season 2 marathon and then into the season 3 premiere. like... it's not a bad show, but not a great one either. Season 3 starts on june 6th i think.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

The end of season 2 was the very best part of the show. Season 3 should be better than the first two.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pretty good season 3 premiere. Should be interested based on the previews

Holy shit things have changed in 7 months, what a jump.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast