+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Falling Skies     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Falling Skies

Sitting here watching Transformers on TNT. Saw a preview for Falling Skies; pilot episode tonight. Sounds interesting. Got some some good names involved and staring. Anyone heard anything about this series previously?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_Skies

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    Falling Skies

Genre: Science fiction/Drama
    Created by Robert Rodat
    Steven Spielberg

Starring
    Noah Wyle
    Moon Bloodgood
    Will Patton
    Dale Dye
    Drew Roy
    Maxim Knight
    Connor Jessup
    Seychelle Gabriel
    Colin Cunningham
    Sarah Carter
    Jessy Schram

Composer(s) Noah Sorota
    Country of origin United States
    Language(s) English
    No. of seasons 1
    Executive producer(s)
    Steven Spielberg
    Darryl Frank
    Justin Falvey
    Robert Rodat

Production company(s) DreamWorks Television

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Central time bro here, it's so far worth it. Still got 20 minutes left on the second episode. The Aliens actually look like aliens.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Show is going to be good. Just need less 'touching' moments with the kids also that blonde HNNNNNNNNNGH.

Ifrit's lolCudgel
    QQing is what I do best

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The first half was slow, awkard and pretty bad. The second half was better, but I wasn't blown away. None of the characters made an impression on me and I really couldn't care less if any died. This premiere was way too scattered and, imo, lacked a concise plot.

I don't think I'll be following this show, I wasn't really left wanting more at the end.

Oh, and the fact that it seemed like 2 half-hour episodes stitched to last 2 hours. Limited commercial interruptions my ass...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

The look ahead clips before every commercial really annoyed me. Lets show every scene that's coming up before it actually airs.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Show is going to be good. Just need less 'touching' moments with the kids also that blonde HNNNNNNNNNGH.

Yeah, I was watching it in the BG Chat with IC, we were both dying over the blondes. Great show so far. will def watch more. Like I said in the chat tho, I really fucking hated how they were just out living in the open

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

WOT'S ALL THIS THEN, EH?

LMAO Qal... I picture you like some kind of internets download sprite. Just floating around, dropping MU links into topics willy-nilly unasked for. Thanks btw.

As for the show, it was not bad. Second hour was much better than the first I agree. I will check out the next show I think and let that be the deciding factor.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This show blows ass. (Or should I say the 2hr premiere) For advertising as an alien show I don't think there was literally 1 mins worth of active alien action in the entire 2 hrs. Its basic post-apocalyptic nomad resistance bullshit

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

From what I read, this just sets things up for the next episode where supposedly more is supposed to happen. I may or may not watch the premiere later.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Ended up recording the preimier to watch tomorrow night. Wifey wanted to play Xbawks. Bits and pieces I did see looked pretty good. Hopefully it doesn't suck and moves faster in the next episodes after reading comments here.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The premiere was pretty mediocre in my opinion. I mean, that whole part 2 just seemed out of place to me. Part 1 should have been like day 1 of the invasion and part 2 should have been what part 1 was. But, I'm going to stick with it for a bit more and hopefully it ramps up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

While i love Will Patton, he's pretty much playing the exact same character he played in The Postman. I thought it was a bit cheesy and not in a good way.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've never been so underwhelmed and uninterested in a series premier that received this much hype and media attention.

D:

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Im going to watch this tonight. It doesnt look good so far.

It's boring.... But I will watch it anyway because there's not many drama I like is on right now, and I love aliens.
    Those robots are retarded tho, every aim takes them like 5 sec to aim.
    What kind of shitty ass robot requires 5 sec to aim and miss?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I loved the first two eps, dunno if its becuz i have nothing else to watch and im desperate.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaruz View Post
    i have nothing else to watch and im desperate.
    Pretty much sums it up.

kinda meh, was really looking forward to this and it definitly did not meet my expectations. I was hoping for Game of Thrones level of shock and awe, but instead it's runniing along the same lines as V did.

Hopefully it really improves, i think it has alot of potential.

aduidarnenye

I was looking forward to this as well. I managed about 30 minuets of the premiere episode before I had to turn it off. It was dull and boring. And kid psychology in a war zone? Gotta be kidding me.

Also, I really don't get these end of the world due to alien invasion type shows where the military is completely overwhelmed but a couple hundred civilians can wander around happily. I don't think that the military would be completely destroyed and I don't think that all those pretty houses in the suburbs would be that untouched. Battle: LA did it much better.

Plus, Noah Wyle's younger kid was super annoying.

It should have opened with the reaction to the invasion instead of those stupid ass drawings made by the kid. I think that killed it for me right there. Need to open shows like this with a bang, not a sniveling kid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast