+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

Nigga, that weak ass glow wasn't strong enough to lag anyone out. You can run that shit with a iPad.

Derailin'.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Any chance I could play tera at all with this laptop?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834230236

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It'll play, but you'll probably be stuck with preset 0 or 1 if you're lucky. This has a much better graphics card:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...964&CatId=4938

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

So I installed this about a month ago. I built a new rig etc and am waiting for ARR's release etc. Decided I'd give TERA a try. Needless to say, I enjoyed it and ended up playing up until level 54.

My problem being after 3-4 hours of play on 1920x1080, or any resolution for that matter down to 1280x768, my game would begin to lag ridiculously to the point that it would force me to re-log. Frame report would dip to about 20-30 and the sound would even start to crackle. Before that it would play brilliantly. No frame drops, constantly 60+ during everything with no noticeable change. I tried everything I could. The lag would take about 3-5 minutes to set in and would get progressively worse if I didn't re-log. For settings, I'd just click detect my optimal and it would set everything up itself. For the most part everything was on at least high. I thought for a while it might be the crappy HappyCloud installer I used not paying attention to what it actually does, but I have my doubts as the game was fully installed by the time this started happening. Checking my task manager, whenever the lag started I'd be sitting at around 1.8GB RAM usage and 50ish% of my CPU.

Being that it's a newer build, I thought it could be hardware so I went to test on other games and try to recreate the problem. It doesn't happen. I played FFXIV's beta the entire time without recreating the issue and I also gave PSO2 a shot, but it's considerably lighter on resources. I use this computer every day with zero issues beyond this thus far. I did have an issue wherein my Flash was fucking terrible but that ended up being due to hardware acceleration and I don't think it would cause this though they did share similar symptoms. I ended up uninstalling the game and calling it quits. But thinking about it I'd really like to finish up getting 60 and seeing what endgame offers.

So I've pretty much decided it's TERA in some way. One of the settings, perhaps something I need to turn on/off. I'm not sure. If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it. I'd love to reinstall and give it another go but seeing what it did last time it's not going to be something I can play. It pretty much pushed me out of the game because I can't stand the way it starts that rubbish while I'm in the middle of a raid or something making it unplayable.

Specs:
    Core i5 [email protected] stable OC (I actually OCed it after the problems arose, so..)
    Gigabyte Z77XUD3H
    EVGA GTX560 2GB (not the most powerful, but it's never failed me thus far, recycled from a previous build.)
    8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Intel 320 series SSD.

Thanks for your time. It's a very odd issue so I'm not expecting much, but hey. It's worth a shot!

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

TERA is just really badly coded/optimized. Almost everyone has issues like you, you can probably make some adjustments to help but there will likely still be niggling issues. I have to relog frequently because after a few hours doing anything with my invo freezes the game for a few seconds. The games UI uses Scaleform which uses Flash, so that may have actually been causing you issues, if nobody here can give you any advice I'd suggest Googling around a bit, there's tons of info on ini edits you can do to make adjustments to make it run smoother, I don't have much experience with it unfortunately.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

See, now this has me wondering..

The games UI uses Scaleform which uses Flash, so that may have actually been causing you issues
    My hardware acceleration was turned on for the duration of the problem. By the time I noticed similar issues in Flash and disabled it, I'd already put TERA to bed.

Goddamnit. I'm almost sure that's it now. Unless I'm missing something wherein hardware acceleration only applies browser side. I opened my manager during a Flash lag point and it was using up a shitload of resources before disabling acceleration as well.

I'll just reinstall and give it a whirl again. Thank you.