Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    would be asciension valley or tempest ranch for PVE it seems
    If your NA, go TR, Av is full of spanish, russian and EU for some reason. TR is full of actual NA.

Note: the game is also full of cosplay waifu-types and you can't escape the loli... I think it would be much more popular if it had different character designs.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Yeah I'm on tr lv 38

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Have a 60 mystic but fuck if I remember how to play this game.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This GO post will introduce a new server, Kaia’s Pride, opening up for KTERA on June 26. A lot of users seem to have enjoyed the Rookie server that was opened last year on December 19. The most notable feature of the Rookie server was, of course, the ease of leveling through bonus buffs.

Many were sad to see it go but Kaia’s Pride will come with some leveling events of their own and the good thing is that there will be no need to transfer off the server at the end as it is here to stay.

Let’s take a look at what some of the events are with the new server!

Kaia’s Pride Only: Specialized Buffs and Items
    Event Duration: June 26 thru August 28

During the event period players on Kaia’s Pride will receive a special buff.

Until July 23, players will receive buffs which are usually included in their VIP package (similar to Elite status in NA). Furthermore, your first character to reach level 2 will receive a “Kaia’s Pride Box” which includes a Village Atlas and Travel Journal, Reputation Boost (100 hours), and a Bank Slot Expansion. The box is limited to one per account.

On top of all that there will be a server-wide double XP buff which will last until August 28.

A Gift of Travel
    Event Duration: June 26 thru August 28

It’s always a pain to have to walk everywhere when you first create a character. Well, the good news is that you won’t have to. All players will receive a Shadow Steed with a movement speed of 260 which can be used from level 1.

※ This event applies to Glory of Arun and Velik’s Grace servers as well.

Level Jump
    Event Duration: June 26 thru July 29

Many players may not be too fond of the process of leveling characters. Well, no problem! On Kaia’s Pride you will be able to receive an item that will jump your character to 58.

BUT there is one catch. In order to receive this item you will need a level 20 character. Once your character reaches level 20 a “Jump Character Support Box” will be sent to your parcel.

※ The Jump Character Support Box will contain a Rapid Leveling Scroll, a town scroll to Pathfinder Post, and a Helkan Commander Accessory Box. A total of three items. The box is limited to one per account.

Gear Support Event
    Event Duration: June 26 thru July 23

Even if you manage to level up there is the question of where do I get my gear? Fortunately for you they’ve got that covered as well. Once your character reaches level 58 you will receive a Helkan Commander Support Box which will give you gear according to your class.

Additional Story Quest Rewards
    Event Duration: June 26 thru August 7

There are times while leveling that you do not have enough gold to learn new skills or buy new equipment. To aid those in need Story Quests will reward players with a Jewelry Box.

This event applies to the other servers as well so everyone can enjoy a bit of extra gold.

Attendance Event
    Event Duration: July 3 thru July 23

You may have experienced the bitter feeling of not getting the accessory you want after running multiple Alliance Vaults or instance dungeons. Well, here’s an event to help you out.

During the event period just log-in and a parcel will be sent to your character with the Champion’s Medal. These medals can be traded in for a box which will give you all the pieces to the accessory set!

There are other items you can trade them in for as well and the exchange shop will change its contents every week so don’t miss out. There are even a possibility for costumes?

Guerilla Skill Cooldown Event
    Event Duration: July 5, 12, 19

Every Saturday starting from July 5 until July 19 from exactly 9 PM to 11 PM all three servers will receive a server wide buff called TERA TIME. The buff will reduce all skill cooldown by 80% and greatly increase MP regeneration.

Lastly…
    This summer TERA will be growing. What does that entail? Well, that’s a secret.

But there is one thing that we know and that is that a whole new world that no one has ever experienced will be opening up.

More details will be released some time in July.
    http://espeitr.wordpress.com/2014/06...erver-opening/

Rofl holy shit ezmode. That level up scroll will be in the cash shop in no time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...Interview.html

Seems like the T15 patch is going to go live on July 8th.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

At the same time as XIV's patch 2.3

What a twist.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I've been playing less lately, logged in tonight and find that it's really tough to make any commitment to the game considering how pedo-oriented it is with a 50% little girl pop. Currently looking for a similar quality f2p (not p2win) game.

Could try Rift, maybe. Graphically, I'd probably call it lesser than Tera, but it's also not as smutty if that's at all a concern. The F2P system itself isn't too bad, with players having the means to buy shop creds via gold if that's your thing. I'd probably call the new soul packs a bit on the pricy side, though. Just be aware that Trion seems to favor raiders when it comes to content and progression. So, if you're someone that can't play reliably or never really meshes with larger guilds, you may burn through the open world content, sans rep grinds, pretty quick.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Well, I tried Rift... Pretty massive step down in graphics and gameplay. I guess I'll keep looking.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^Archage is coming out soon, however its tab/target based.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Neverwinter is pretty dope, check that out.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Over in Korea, Guild Halls are finally coming out. Guilds can make their own guild castles in the sky and customize it, but only the most powerful and richest guilds will be able to afford one. Also top guilds will get special mounts that come with making a guild castle in the sky.

Maybe it's time to return to this game so that I can join one of those Elite RNG-killa guilds to MW/enchant for hours in the clouds and be able to clear the same 2 dungeons 5mins faster.

Uh, sorry... that was my natural response after briefly checking the forums to see if this game evolved any since I played it last year lol Nope, same UI problems, the absolute worst cash shop system, gear progression that is gold/cash-centric, unbalanced PVP, and a dress-up game that has gotten so out of hand that their first introduction of a new class could only be played on 1 race....

This game is on borrowed time, especially with Black Dessert's and B&S releases.

This game has been on borrowed time for ages. A decent battle system (not even amazing, action game my ass but...better than most MMOs I guess) can't save the game if everything else is absolute shit.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    Maybe it's time to return to this game so that I can join one of those Elite RNG-killa guilds to MW/enchant for hours in the clouds and be able to clear the same 2 dungeons 5mins faster.

Uh, sorry... that was my natural response after briefly checking the forums to see if this game evolved any since I played it last year lol Nope, same UI problems, the absolute worst cash shop system, gear progression that is gold/cash-centric, unbalanced PVP, and a dress-up game that has gotten so out of hand that their first introduction of a new class could only be played on 1 race....

This game is on borrowed time, especially with Black Dessert's and B&S releases.
    B&H will be short term imo. People will get it for the boobs and flashy combat, but its like many Korean games with a straightforward (though cool) set of story missions. If people get into the pvp I can see that helping out B&H too, but not much. And ofc its f2p.

I still don't understand what people find wrong with the cash shop in Tera. 90% of it are costumes or mounts or other cosmetic stuff. The other 10% are either account related things or items that help "relieve" the pain of RNG like spellbinds or alkahests. No one is buying anything that gives them an edge over a non paying customer.

And for the record, those mascot-like costumes are hideous and scary.

The fact that people pay real money to roll the dice on their desired costumes and often walk away empty handed is absolutely hilarious. I've never seen anything like it lol

Also, the broken enchanting system does favor those with mommy's CC and the fact that the endgame advancement is designed to reward those types of people keeps anyone from sticking around after speed-dating their way to "endgame" /endrant lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I honestly find the combat in Tera to be the one of the best in most modern MMOs, pretty much the main reason I stick around. It's much more active and reactive than others that I've played.

Combat was fucking amazing, but even coming back to try out Reaper I could only stick around for 3-4 days before leaving again. Been there and done that, if the rest of the game had been as engaging as melee combat (caster combat fucking sucked) then I would have loved it. What notorious said x200 about cash shop and shit.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The gambling aspect of the cash shop is pretty messed up, but the fact that all of it was sellable on the AH was pretty nice. I like that about PSO2 as well. I've never actually bought a single thing off a game's cash shop, but having the option of paying in game currency for cash shop stuff has always seemed like a good idea to me.

And yeah, TERA's combat is still my favorite mmo combat ever, too bad this game doesn't seem like it was managed very well.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I enjoyed the shit outa this game but the rng killed it for me think i went 1/156 on trying to Masterwork my disc.... I can suffer alot when it comes to mmos, but the shit they pulled irked the fuck outa me.

RNG item vanity
    RNG Sand boxes
    RNG inside RNG on the "enhanced sands" seriously why wasnt the 3rd tier of sand just 100% upgrades i do not fucking know why (besides money grab)

AND THE FUCKING SERVER WIDE ANNOUNCEMENT WHEN SOMEBODY GOT 1000 SANDS OR SOME FUCKING MOUNT OR VANITY ITEMS JESUS CHRIST FUCK