Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

nvm im trippin, i just didnt have much of a problem with the grind. after playing Aion I kinda got over that kind of shit. lepharist dailies for 5 gigantic levels of torture. the BAMs and combat made it much more bearable I guess, and the enchantment grind and not having many people to play with at endgame really dampened it for me after hitting cap.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I never got the lvl 50-58 leveling hate. Wasn't any harder to me than 1-50. As far as Gunner is concerned, it seems like it's going to be race/gender locked to High Elf female and Castanic female. All the assets they've released only show those 2 races though, it's a possibility they are gonna allow more races to play as Gunner but I'm not holding my breath.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Where did you see High Elf assets for the gunner?

edit: I guess you're talking about this? http://tera.hangame.com/event/newClass.nhn

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Race/gender lock is the dumbest shit in the world. I didn't know we were playing Mabinogi Heroes here. lol

My problem with the grind was that fighting trash generally feels awful with 90% of jobs you play, while fighting BAMs and doing dungeons/party stuff is generally fun. But you basically go from 1-60 solo with a battle system that wasn't really made for fighting trash. Not to mention that a lot of enemy AI in this game is fucking awful and the quest grind is boring as all hell.

The annoying leveling section that is present 50+ just emphasizes generally what is wrong with the level grind in TERA because the balancing at that section is fucking awful. Funnily enough the best part is like level 1-20 but the game play is so boring compared to 22+ that I just can't care. Add in the shit endgame content and race/gender locked classes (I mean really, what the fuck?) and you've got a stupid as shit game. And I do like that people still praise TERA's battle system despite it's flaws because as far as action combat goes there's still a long way left till we get something decent.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

50+ was in intended for Acashas Hideout enchanted equips. Also lol @ fighting hyenas. Skip them shits.

Some people been bugging to play the new content for kicks, but it's delusions to think it will be lasting or anything is fixed. Game direction nosedived, any semblance of PvP/ GvG/ endgame/publisher hope is long gone.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Alas, I quit a couple months ago. Won't be coming back.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Race/gender lock is the dumbest shit in the world. I didn't know we were playing Mabinogi Heroes here. lol
    Sexy girls, bro. That sells the game, bro. Only new classes for sexy girl races, bro.

I hate grinds but I liked the scenery around the vamipre mansion instance and the outside areas. Level 30-ish? That shit was fun. The rest can eat a bag of dicks. The game was classic Korean fap-bait anyway. Log in, get to chara creator, get your rocks off, then go play something fun.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So it seems that the new class is indeed Race/Gender locked to Female High Elves and Castanics. Found this gameplay video of someone running Necro Tomb with it:

I haven't been able to spend much time with the new patch but getting to the new lvl cap is incredibly easy with very little grinding involved. Other than that, nothing has changed really, same game with new gear to grind or PvP for fun.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Looks kind of fun to play, always did love ranged classes >.>

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Well this is just lovely, can't even quest!

http://www.neko-sentai.com/images14/...5-12-15-44.jpg

Something going on that's making things all congested or just more a raids being borked thing?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

New class that carries a big gun released today.

So, castanics everywhere... gotcha.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Screw that; Im'a still spend the next 3 hours fapping to Elin in the chara creator.

elftits4lyfe

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Something going on that's making things all congested or just more a raids being borked thing?
    Can't do a quest in a raid (basically people trolling new players)

also.. nearnakedcastanic4lyfe

Also, the way the new class plays, its like berserker damage, except is ranged and you just faceroll and stuff dies.

pvp is another story /holyshitcrazyness

took like 2min vs 2 other 1-2 lower lvl gunners to kill me... it took effort to aim at each other because of all the fireworks haha
    oh and becomes an OP soloer at lv 28 with its pet... that thing does damage and heals... wat (did Lv27 dungeon at Lv 26 without too much effort, came out as a Lv32)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So you actually have to level Gunner completely unlike Reaper which got a free pass to lvl 58?

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

iirc Reaper started at lvl 40. Then again, I never played that class so... /shrug

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    iirc Reaper started at lvl 40. Then again, I never played that class so... /shrug
    Reaper did start at 40. However, if you did all the story quests on their starting island, then you went 40-58 in about 30min...