+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

About pricing: no idea, no information yet as far as I know.

About rating: different cultures, different values. It's the same client and content as far as we know; only way to confirm it will be when it goes live.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

People saying they got beta keys from here http://www.buffed.de/Tera-PC-234255/...enende-866484/ and are able to play early now, is that true?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yes, there's several sites giving special access keys. They are however ONLY for the "sneak peek preview" happening this very weekend, not valid beyond that.

EDIT: This is only for the EU servers.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I can't go to TERA Europe. It kicks me back to En Masse. I can go through it using Google's cache but it doesn't look great (because of the cache). Maybe I am doing something wrong. In any case I found one site that goes into details on what the TERA Europe pre-order versions offers (I was curious!).

http://www.dualshockers.com/2012/02/...a-new-trailer/

A look at what the European Collector's Edition brings:

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/5669/teraeurope.jpg

I think the biggest difference is the European version gets a T-shirt and trading cards, while the N.A. version gets a compass. I love the box colors.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Shassira View Post
    Yes, there's several sites giving special access keys. They are however ONLY for the "sneak peek preview" happening this very weekend, not valid beyond that.

EDIT: This is only for the EU servers.
    Yes Frogster is gonna have a sneak peak this weekend for TERA-EU.

If your interested there still might be some Keys left at these German sites.

http://www.onlinewelten.com/win/1292...ra-sneak-peek/

http://www.gamesaktuell.de/Tera-PC-2...winnen-866474/

Every other site I've gone to are out of Keys

When you use your key you get to download the client. But what I find interesting they are only 2 PVP beta servers to choose from. There are no PVE servers. Hmmm...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Ok, weird stuff. What were PvP servers yesterday are now PvE. That is a damn shame, I do hope they add a PvP server at least on one of the beta tests because it's one of the things I wish to try out.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Shirt and art book alone makes this deal awesome. Probably more so than the cloth map for NA-TERA.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

EU "sneak peek" turned into "sneak tease". It hasn't happened yet, Frogster speaks about system problems which they are working on right now and informing through twitter.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Shassira View Post
    EU "sneak peek" turned into "sneak tease". It hasn't happened yet, Frogster speaks about system problems which they are working on right now and informing through twitter.

OMG what a disaster, the sneak peak has turned into a PR nightmare. It's an action based mmo and Frogster goes out and gets the cheapest, crapping servers known to mankind. Nobody could do anything, and the servers would crash non-stop. Frogster says by twitter that they will fix the issue, and 2 hours later they bring the servers back up. Then the same problems are happening again, non-stop crashing. Frogster has since taken the servers down for good. Looks like no sneak peak today..lol

Frogster already has a horrible reputation and this doesn't make it any better. I want TERA to succeed but it's getting hard to convince people to try when amateur stuff like this happens.

Oh yea with the the amount of scathing posts on the EU forums, Frogster has since taken down the forums...lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That doesn't sound good. Wonder how EME will handle the game. Hopefully better.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Indeed, horrible. I hope whatever happened was a fluke and not a direct result of their decisions, because it's disheartening to see it break down like this.

Also, I do hope that we can play with an acceptable ping for the region (that is, under 80ms) and not have to cope with shitty latency just because they went with horrible network gear.

From what they are saying on twitter, the sneak peek might not even run tomorrow either.

Not really bothered by not being able to play; just worried about this being a sign of the future. I'll try to stay possitive though!

I'm really hoping that this is not an indication of how things will go down in the US. I was hoping for some cool videos of how the EU/US version will play from this sneak peek.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Bah it's now Sunday in EU and still no word from Frogster if the servers are gonna be up, doesn't look like there is gonna be a sneak peak at all. I hope EME learns from this mess and don't repeat the same mistakes when their beta events go live.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm sure its all Frogster and nothing to do with EME or BHS. Frogster is pretty fail and only got the Tera contract by being in the right place at the time, and holding the correct cards.

I hope all the EU's here "fake preorder" a NA copy to test for any latency problems in the betas to completely bypass Frogster. If you weren't already planning on it.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by madpersian View Post
    I'm really hoping that this is not an indication of how things will go down in the US. I was hoping for some cool videos of how the EU/US version will play from this sneak peek.
    The last test, back in March 2011 was flawless. Servers opened up at like 6am PST and things were smooth all day. I don't think EME said how many people were logged in but I'd be surprised if things crash n burn next weekend.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

do euro's not get early char reservation/early entry with their purchase? noticed they get a tell a friend invitation too, don't think NA does?

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    The last test, back in March 2011 was flawless. Servers opened up at like 6am PST and things were smooth all day. I don't think EME said how many people were logged in but I'd be surprised if things crash n burn next weekend.
    Thank goodness. Thanks for the good news. I'd always thought servers would be standardized for an mmo. Like different regions would all use the same servers they have in Korea.

I recall a panel a long while ago with some TOR people and a bigshot from wow. They asked the wow guy what his best advice was for launching an mmo. And he said you had to make sure your servers worked and players could play. Or else you would turn off a lot of potential customers. Looks like frogster made that serious mistake.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    I hope all the EU's here "fake preorder" a NA copy to test for any latency problems in the betas to completely bypass Frogster. If you weren't already planning on it.
    Where is the best place to do this? I remember someone posting that they had to pay in full when they preordered from the official website.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Just pre-order it from amazon for no charge. Everyone's doing it considering you're more than likely locked to 1 character for CBT.

You can even do it at retail stores for $5 if you want.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Just pre-order it from amazon for no charge. Everyone's doing it considering you're more than likely locked to 1 character for CBT.

You can even do it at retail stores for $5 if you want.
    This one right? Just asking because amazon is normally fairly good at listing pre-order bonuses. And they want $75 to ship/import it to the UK lol, do you get codes instantly or nearer the actual beta?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast