+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

Yes, and no codes are out, even for the people who bought the game straight from EME. Their only promise was before the 10th on their twitter feed.

Apparently, beta starts noon PST/3:00PM EST, so obviously well before then.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by FriskUni View Post
    do euro's not get early char reservation/early entry with their purchase? noticed they get a tell a friend invitation too, don't think NA does?
    We do, it happens after OBT when they wipe characters. For the US service EME won't be wiping characters and so the reservation should happen before OBT.

Anyway, I do indeed plan to try out the US servers in conjunction with a trial account of a couple of those ping services. But if the servers are located on the west coast like they seem to be, my latency is going to be about 100~150, even with a routing service, judging from the tests I've done. And I won't really be too happy with it.
    If they have servers on the east coast (which is unlikely but currently unknown), I should be able to get a latency of about 80ms, much better.

Regardless, I'll be testing it out and comparing. It's quite possible that frogster's service also has a high latency, and not exactly because of distance.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Shassira View Post
    We do, it happens after OBT when they wipe characters. For the US service EME won't be wiping characters and so the reservation should happen before OBT.

Anyway, I do indeed plan to try out the US servers in conjunction with a trial account of a couple of those ping services. But if the servers are located on the west coast like they seem to be, my latency is going to be about 100~150, even with a routing service, judging from the tests I've done. And I won't really be too happy with it.
    If they have servers on the east coast (which is unlikely but currently unknown), I should be able to get a latency of about 80ms, much better.

Regardless, I'll be testing it out and comparing. It's quite possible that frogster's service also has a high latency, and not exactly because of distance.
    wonder why NA didn't get friends pass

100-150 shouldn't be THAT bad, I'd kill for mine to be that low

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by TERA Europe
    The sneak peek event planned for this weekend unfortunately has had to be cancelled. As we currently cannot foresee when we will be able to guarantee a smooth running of the event, there is no new date as of yet. We're working closely with the TERA developers at Bluehole to fix the remaining issues.

The cancellation was not due to load problems caused by the large number of potential players. Player numbers would have given us a look into possible issues within the scope of a stress test. Due to unforeseen reasons, problems arose already during the entry into the game world.

As soon as we have new information regarding a rescheduled event planning and once all technical issues have been resolved we will inform you on our website, in the forum and via the usual social media channels.

We apologize for the cancellation of the event and assure you that we are doing our utmost to provide all players access to TERA as soon as possible. We thank all TERA fans for their patience and understanding and hope to have positive news for you very soon.
    And that is that.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

That's just sad.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Prolly why NCSue isn't touching EU-TERA. They figured they got it bad enough with Frogster.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azgalor

The Sneak Peak Event reminds me of when FFXIV tried to open up for Beta.
    Horrible memories!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

As of today, we have no update on the situation and the account system has been down since saturday. Only conclusive information given by frogster is that "no data was lost".

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Short stress test session today at EU TERA happening in half an hour.

Excerpt:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Please only participate in them if you are willing to test the pure functionality of the systems and not necessarily the features of the game itself. The servers are liable to become unavailable at any time, with little or no notice.

If you decide to take part in these tests, we thank you in advance for your support.

You will be able to participate in the tests if you have redeemed your key for the Sneak Peek event or the pre-order.

Today’s test will happen from 18:00 till 20:00 CET (Berlin time). Further tests might happen throughout the next days, we’ll keep you updated in this topic.
    https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=29707

They should've probably done this before, but it's good they are making sure next test won't fail.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

love how this is soo short notice.. prob be maybe half the people trying to log on compared to what it was this past weekend....

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Currently in the test. Ping @ 50ms... this is such a difference from J TERA ; ;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Aww, missed it

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Another test today:

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Today's test will include two servers and run from 14:00 CET/GMT+1 until 18:00 CET/GMT+1.

If you decide to take part in these tests, we thank you in advance for your support.

You will be able to participate in the tests if you have redeemed your key for the Sneak Peek event or the pre-order.
    https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=30229

Two servers this time and two more hours. Let's see how this one goes!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Test extended indefinitely, yay!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Trocian View Post
    Test extended indefinately, yay!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I hope most of the people who were present for the stress test today don't end up buying retail.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Care to elaborate?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm gonna assume it's because the Area and global chats were utter shit. The EU community has always been bad; we have many loud mouth idiots.

I left myself logged in till some hours ago (though I wasn't really playing) and the chat kept having the same arguments all over again. An incomplete list can be found below, in no specific order:

- WoW is better than TERA
    - GW2 is the best game ever
    - WHERE CAN I GET THE HORSE?
    - LFG DARK REVELATION 4/5 NEED HEALER (if you haven't played the game, you'll soon see why this is retarded)
    - HOW CAN I SEE MY PING?
    - HOW CAN I SEE MY FPS?
    - LOL this is like Aion
    - This game is a grind!
    - SWTOR sucks
    - SWTOR is awesome
    - This game is for pedophiles
    - Elin players are pedos!
    - This game is for hormonized teens!
    - This sucks... I hate the <insert irrelevant complain that aparently ruins everything for this player>
    - Gunter tag har har jar dung baga! (That's meant to be german. Or hungarian. Or russian, french, spanish...)

Hope the US community shows a bit more of a brain. Good luck in your run!

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I can't remember the last time I actually played a MMO where I had zone/say chat in my chat box... prob FFXI.. I always make a separate tab for /w, or /t, whatever, add some system messages and that's all I care to see. Beta's are always full of loud mouth people. Especially open betas. /shudder

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yeah, after 5 minutes I couldn't take it anymore and removed general from my chatwindow. Not sure how I feel about the game itself yet, it certainly feels alot like Aion(aside from the combat). Similar items, similar skillsystem, and the capital just screams 'Sanctum'. Maybe it's just me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast