Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Holy shit yes, goddamn people that can't play w/o knowing what's their FPS/ping/ms, here have a bullet in the head you waste of sperm.

/rageoff

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shassira View Post
    I'm gonna assume it's because the Area and global chats were utter shit. The EU community has always been bad; we have many loud mouth idiots.

I left myself logged in till some hours ago (though I wasn't really playing) and the chat kept having the same arguments all over again. An incomplete list can be found below, in no specific order:

- WoW is better than TERA
    - GW2 is the best game ever
    - WHERE CAN I GET THE HORSE?
    - LFG DARK REVELATION 4/5 NEED HEALER (if you haven't played the game, you'll soon see why this is retarded)
    - HOW CAN I SEE MY PING?
    - HOW CAN I SEE MY FPS?
    - LOL this is like Aion
    - This game is a grind!
    - SWTOR sucks
    - SWTOR is awesome
    - This game is for pedophiles
    - Elin players are pedos!
    - This game is for hormonized teens!
    - This sucks... I hate the <insert irrelevant complain that aparently ruins everything for this player>
    - Gunter tag har har jar dung baga! (That's meant to be german. Or hungarian. Or russian, french, spanish...)

Hope the US community shows a bit more of a brain. Good luck in your run!
    I fail to realize what made you think NAs would be any different. All of the shit mentioned above plus the people repeatedly spamming their guild recruitment essays in LFG/trade chat was normal, and within 3 minutes, filtered. It is like that in Korea too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Trocian View Post
    Yeah, after 5 minutes I couldn't take it anymore and removed general from my chatwindow. Not sure how I feel about the game itself yet, it certainly feels alot like Aion(aside from the combat). Similar items, similar skillsystem, and the capital just screams 'Sanctum'. Maybe it's just me.
    There's several similarities to Aion indeed when it comes to its core system. I'm sure this isn't coincidencial either, since Aion is the Nº1 korean MMO addiction and BHS probably wanted to make some of them feel comfortable. I played Aion for exactly 2 years and despite the common points, there's a lot of diverging areas that make tera much better.

However, the combat is the main focus of the game.

If you are on the fence about it, I recomend you try the game during the CBTs up to the cap (lv22) and try the lv22 content. It's not hard, but it will give you a taste of what the combat system actualy allows.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Full weekend long test for the EU region started an hour ago!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

LOL the PVP server crashed, I guess it was to be expected, everyone wants to try out the PVP. Frogster should really have more than 1 PVP server.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    LOL the PVP server crashed, I guess it was to be expected, everyone wants to try out the PVP. Frogster should really have more than 1 PVP server.
    Not to mention it had lag bubbles during the whole day. Latency was fine as usual, but it kept going into small halts which affected the whole server.

Plus, for some reason this CBT1 is from 15h to midnight, so they are closed now till tomorrow. Weird stuff, but whatever.

So far couldn't try anything on pvp except getting randomly ganked by lv20 people at lv11-13 (that's a 1-2 shot fight)

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Wait, so it's not 60 continuous hours like the NA beta...?

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Shassira View Post
    Not to mention it had lag bubbles during the whole day. Latency was fine as usual, but it kept going into small halts which affected the whole server.

Plus, for some reason this CBT1 is from 15h to midnight, so they are closed now till tomorrow. Weird stuff, but whatever.

So far couldn't try anything on pvp except getting randomly ganked by lv20 people at lv11-13 (that's a 1-2 shot fight)
    Welcome to PvP servers...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    Wait, so it's not 60 continuous hours like the NA beta...?
    Correct, not continuous. No idea why, really, but there was a lot of raging on the EU forums. I dispise the place, so I prefer to stay away from it, but I gathered that this will only happen during CBT1. CBT2+ should be straight.

My guess? They couldn't find anyone to do the over night watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Haha, thanks! I'm not bothered by it, already used to Aion back in the days, but I still find it a very lame behaviour and most definitely one that gives me no pleasure to perform.

There was one guy just outside of south west Velika gate ganking everyone going for the horse quest and another one at the Unicorn place. I'm sure I won't see those going anywhere near the basilisk area though =P

Old Merits
    BG Level

What's the latency from UK like? Compared to US if you can't get numbers.

Got beta invite via amazon.de but I'm home for the weekend so can't test. Still deciding whether to go with cheaper US servers and suffer the later prime time/higher latency or to try hope Frogster doesn't stuck and pay 20-40% more in subs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Cannot help you with information from the UK, but I can give you perhaps a bit of guidance with mine.
    I'm in spain and my ping to their servers is a stable 58ms. I'm on a not so good DSL line that cannot get past 10mbps due to distance problems.
    A friend in france reports having a ping under 40ms.

Not counting the current lag problems, which are definitely not related to networking (to me, they seemed like their servers actualy stoping to process or perhaps unload data to the hard drives), I've had a nice experience with frogster's servers so far.

I would've liked playing on the US servers, but I prefer to keep my latency as low as possible, so for now I'm staying on EU. It does suck to pay the extra price though.

As a note, Frogster servers accept ping requests and one can gather the IP for the server with resource monitor. Resource monitor also shows a latency of 50-60 normaly. I can paste the IP(s) tomorrow when I get in game, if you are interested in trying to ping them to get an idea.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Alright thanks, I wasn't sure if I could ping them as it didn't work with US servers, would be useful to get an indication from home as well as uni to.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I believe it was reported that the NA servers are located in Chicago; do we know there the EU servers are located?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Someone mentioned theirs varying 50 to 100 ping from the UK.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I believe it was reported that the NA servers are located in Chicago; do we know there the EU servers are located?
    Frankfurt, last I checked.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1780198439.png

A 120ms ping across seas ain't too bad then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    During next weekend's beta, it's going to be key to log in ASAP and level pretty much till cap with as little break time as possible. To avoid the gankfests that'll occur with no pvp controls in place.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

How does the addition of channels to the list work? Is it implemented by Frogster manually or is it some automation after a quota is met?

I ask because it feels like the EU beta is going so much worse than the NA one; putting the shitty hours aside, I've managed to get to the Centaurs section of the storyline so far, and the surrounded area is just completely packed with people to the point that most enemies are dying within seconds of spawning. When I got to this point in the NA beta, there we about 7-8, maybe more, channels and the congestion wasn't really all that bad, but the EU beta is at three channels, and has been that way for the past three hours since servers went up this morning.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azgalor

How does the addition of channels to the list work? Is it implemented by Frogster manually or is it some automation after a quota is met?

I ask because it feels like the EU beta is going so much worse than the NA one; putting the shitty hours aside, I've managed to get to the Centaurs section of the storyline so far, and the surrounded area is just completely packed with people to the point that most enemies are dying within seconds of spawning. When I got to this point in the NA beta, there we about 7-8, maybe more, channels and the congestion wasn't really all that bad, but the EU beta is at three channels, and has been that way for the past three hours since servers went up this morning.
    Knoxxer replied in the forums that channels are dynamic in NA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast