FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I now know why I meritted Sange. LET ME TEST THESE FOR YOU.

As stated other places, Sange throws 1+x shurikens where x = # of shadows you have. It functions like Barrage where if you miss a shuriken, it stops firing.

From what I can gather, each shuriken also has its own independent chance to critical, like Barrage. (Odd damage spikes for the # of shurikens fired)

So basically, it's like Barrage but for Throwing and # of shots is determined by # of shadows and not level. Rapid Shot appears to be able to proc on it, etc.

I don't know why you'd want AF3+2 head testing? The feet probably work, but getting six shots to land is annoying with my throwing skill.

I am way too lazy to do anymore right now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by RyaWHM View Post
    Afflatus Misery
    I did some +ACC testing here:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/781...%28July2009%29

When ACC was low (~20%) I got ~ACC+50
    When ACC was high (~75%) I got ~ACC+10
    Was this testing done before or after they fixed the accuracy gains? There was an update that removed cumulative gains (ie. every time you missed, you would get more +acc).

Quote Originally Posted by Fereydoon View Post
    It was said somewhere and now I can't find it for the life of me, even wiki says it was mentioned to be broken. Think it was one of the Q&A's, but the only one I found said the same thing as the twitter. Hmmm.
    Yeah, the wiki had that on there forever. It was added *before* the tweet with the enmity hint was made, and never removed.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Okay, long post of notes:

Spoiler: show
    Re: COR hands, Wiki listed a 5% increase for +1's, while I had them it seemed about the same. ~15 seconds, Winning Streak merits would increase that. Mine are +2 now, so I can't test them if you only want +1 numbers, sadly. <-- That's okay, someone will have them. 5% is what I'm assuming anyway due to the +2s.

Re: Addendum, Twitter said it had something to do with Enmity a while back, it also said the effect was broken, so we might not be able to find out what it does yet.<-- I think it said that it has something to do with Enmity. All the "It's broken" was coming from our side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganukay View Post
    RE: Afflatus Misery
    Allows Esuna to remove up to 2 status ailments. Need Misery up for Esuna to remove anything that requires Erase. <--- How is this for Esuna and this for Misery?

Adds enlight damage when under Auspice effect and adds an accuracy bonus (unknown) when you miss (WHM only) <--- I raise you, "How does it work?"

Increases potency of cura spells after damage is taken <--- Okay, Cura -> Curaga II and Cura II -> Curaga III? I raise you, "How does it work?"

Increases potency of banish spells after damage is taken (based off of the most recent damage taken) <--- Someone tried to test this for me and couldn't get Banish III's damage to change at all. I'd like verification before I add it.

I think those are all the bonuses for misery. Which leaves stuff to test, how much damage needed to cap curas? What's the cap on increasing banish damage (is there a cap?) And how much is the accuracy bonus from auspice, when missing an attack? <--- yessss

Cura should be easy enough to test, but not sure how I'd go about testing the accuracy bonus or banish damage bonus. <--- Banish damage bonus should be pretty easy, but I'd recommend using Banish I. Basically, pull a Hecteyes in Abyssea Tahrongi and let it nuke you, then Repose it right after the nuke lands so he doesn't get another swing in. Run a ways away, Banish 1 it, repeat. They have a lot of different nukes, so this should let you get a pretty wide sampling.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    re:What does Raider's Vest do to Conspirator? Tell me when you find out. My educated Guesses are Ranged accuracy or magic accuracy. SE hates us. <-- That sounds likely to me, but good luck testing it.

re:THF
    -"Enhances Despoil" i'm 99% certain increases the potency of the Added effect by a small amount. Effects inflicted are basedon what is stolen. I.E If you steal a Buffalo Hide from a Buffalo, It lowers its Evasion (always!), If you still his Horn it lowers its attack (or acc? i forgot), But its always the same effect based on the item stolen. (Despoiling meat inflicts it with Slow) <-- Interesting that you say this, because I farmed a lot of Buffalo when I was nailing down Bonnacon's PH and I only could steal two items. Were you using the feet? Perhaps they add another item to the pool.

-"Despoil" range is typical Melee range from what i can tell. <-- I'd like a number if possible. On things with small bodies, 4.9~4.5 is pretty typical for melee JAs, which is actually larger than melee range. For instance, Quickstep's range is 4.5, and the other Steps are 4.9.

-* Quantifying Flee's movement speed? I'm pretty sure its just as fast as a Chocobo, So whatever speed that is. (It might be a tad slower, But it could be lag on my part)

-*Slow, Evasion Down, accuracy Down, attack Down, Defense Down are effects I've seen from Despoil. Haven't seen any others. <-- Added, but I'd almost swear I've seen a testimony of "Magic Accuracy" and "Magic Defense" down
    Quote Originally Posted by RyaWHM View Post
    Afflatus Misery
    I did some +ACC testing here:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/781...%28July2009%29

When ACC was low (~20%) I got ~ACC+50 <--- It seems very likely to me that you only get the Auspice bonus if you miss a whole attack round, which is why your K-club test showed pretty much no benefit from Auspice. It would be nice to verify that subsequent misses still stack again. It should take about one crab with your needle. Otherwise, thanks for the testing of course!
    When ACC was high (~75%) I got ~ACC+10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    If this testing method is ok: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/98564-Blitzer-s-Roll <-- Thanks, don't know how I missed that. I feel fairly confident that we can round all of those numbers up though. The range of delay values that give the same TP is large enough that we don't need to use decimals, though, so I'm going to drop them. I reworked the math and it still all works out.

I never tested the Increased Blitzer's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Normal speed is +0%
    Trotters/Sprinters/1tickupopower/etc is +12.5%
    Mazurka/5tickupopower/etc is +25%
    Hermes Quencher is +87.5%
    Flee is +100% <-- Awesome numbers, does this come from an unreleased windower plugin or something?

Only time I can remember getting different values is when I was stacking things weirdly. Retaliation+Flee resulted in a funny number, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

"# You can Sneak Attack from any direction when Hide is active on targets where Hide works. "
    As long as hide is on, SA from any direction will work. Doesn't need to be a mob that you can hide from. <-- Okay, thanks

"# Generally works on monsters that are aggressive to Sight only and don't track by scent. "
    By running across rivers/puddles/using deodorize/rain weather you can make hide work where it normally wouldn't. You can hide from tigers in jugner with double rain without even running away a little bit first. Also, undead (skeletons/bogy/undead flesh) can be hidden from as long as you have white hp. <--- So it works on anything that doesn't detect by smell, as long as you don't re-agro it, and it works on things that detect by smell under the normal conditions?
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    You can also hide from mobs you don't aren't on the hate list for. Which means even truesight/sound nms can be hidden from at the start of a fight to get a sata hide ws/spell off onto tank <-- Okay, so detection method *really* has nothing to do with hide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    @Diffusion, all single target buff spells are AOE'd <--- Okay, thanks

Post 75
    Occultation
    Regeneration
    animating wail
    battery charge
    magic barrier
    fantod
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    * Mavi Kavuk +1/2, Are they +10/20 Base damage respectively? Where is the testing?

From it just increases the boost from CA from +100% to 166 and 200% each. Not sure where testing is. <--- Hmm... I'd like the testing, or someone to duplicate the testing.

* Efflux? What does it do? Where is the testing? How does Mavi Tayt +1/+2 affect it?

From wiki
    Increases the potency of your next "Physical" Blue Magic Spell. Base D of your spell while under the effect of Efflux changes from (Blue Magic Skill*0.11)*2+3 into -> (Blue Magic Skill*0.11)*3+3. <--- Yeah, but do you know where that came from? Has anyone from here or that anyone knows actually confirmed it? If my spidey-sense is correct, it was probably one of our BLUs if it's legit and it seems too specific and mathy to not be legit.

Adds a TP Bonus of 100% to your next physical blue magic spell. This effect is similar to the TP Bonus granted by Enchainment. 166 and 200 for mavi tayt +1/2 respectively. Again not sure who did the testing.
    To Rocl, <-- Thanks, fixed it. Also, I did mean feet. I'm wondering if SE artificially capped it at five shots, or if it's possible to go up to 6. I'm assuming it's possible to go up to 6 as well, but I'm not going to explicitly state it until it has been shown.

To the Thieves: I'm going to need one of you to update the Hide page, I'm afraid. iTried https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Hide

I'm going to work on updating the main list, but I think I hit most of the things so far.

Lv.99 Mjollnir
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Cymmina View Post
    Was this testing done before or after they fixed the accuracy gains? There was an update that removed cumulative gains (ie. every time you missed, you would get more +acc).
    Before, my testing predates this if that's what you mean:
    An issue wherein using the white magic "Auspice" while under the effect of "Afflatus Misery" would grant an inappropriate accuracy bonus has been resolved.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Judging by the patch text and the KI parse, I'd bet that the Accuracy bonus wasn't being reset upon a landed attack, and now it probably is. It would be interesting to see similar testing done now.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It was said somewhere and now I can't find it for the life of me, even wiki says it was mentioned to be broken. Think it was one of the Q&A's, but the only one I found said the same thing as the twitter. Hmmm.
    I think it was just one of those rumors that someone started and now everyone thinks it's the word of god.

EDIT: Also which Q&A are you talking about? link?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I think I took the "teach the controversy" approach to that gown: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Savant%27s_Gown_Plus_2

Also, I realize now that going through and marking all of my comments inside the quotes with italics was not the most efficient thing I could have done. xD

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    DNC
    * Aspir Samba/Aspir Samba II, how does it work?
    * Boost given by Building Flourish
    * Delay -> Drain range equation for Drain and Aspir Sambas.
    * Striking Flourish CE/VE?
    * Stutter Step potency?
    Aspir Samba drains mp from your opponent, I'm not sure what the cap is but I can go test it, it doesnt take long with saber dance..

We also don't know [I]how much[I] building flourish boosts you, all we know is its acc -> acc/att -> acc/att/crit rate, based on flourishes consumed. The amount is probably piddly though.

Delay->Drain cap equations are floor(mDelay*n/100)

mDelay includes all mods on attack speed, including haste/slow/DW/etc

Drain samba I: n = 3
    Drain Samba II: n = 8
    Drain Samba III: n = 14
    Aspir samba I: n = ???
    Aspir Samba II: n = ???

As for Stutter Step's Potency, fucked if anyone knows, it lowers magical evasion so we'd first need to know the semi exact resist rate on x spell on it and then test the resist rates on the same spell on it after putting stutter step I then II on it.

I do have retard low ninjutsu skill (53?), is there an effective way I can test this using ninjutsu?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BYR
    Added, but I'd almost swear I've seen a testimony of "Magic Accuracy" and "Magic Defense" down
    You did. Magic Acc/Magic Atk/M.Def are all status Ailments, It just slipped my mind :\, Those type of effects usually come from Despoiling mobs like Flans, Poroggo, etc.

Also, With the Horn, I only recall Despoiling a Buffalo Horn from Bluffalo in Abyssea, But yes, I did have the Feet on.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    We also don't know [I]how much[I] building flourish boosts you, all we know is its acc -> acc/att -> acc/att/crit rate, based on flourishes consumed. The amount is probably piddly though. <-- Where did this information come from? I see it on the ffxiclopedia page and I see people cite it, but I don't see any easy way to confirm it or see it in any kind of testing. People added a lot of Dancer information to the wiki back when the job was released that was, frankly, bullshit. I'd like some kind of proof, because I don't buy it.

As for Stutter Step's Potency, fucked if anyone knows, it lowers magical evasion so we'd first need to know the semi exact resist rate on x spell on it and then test the resist rates on the same spell on it after putting stutter step I then II on it.

I do have retard low ninjutsu skill (53?), is there an effective way I can test this using ninjutsu? <-- I'm not sure about Ninjutsu, but I was considering going DNC/BRD and trying to Threnody mid level monsters with and without Stutter Step 5/5. Downside is, our understanding of MAcc probably applies least to Bard out of all the jobs. Upside is, we can spam the shit out of Threnodies and don't have to fight hard stuff to get resisted. This would also let us answer questions like, "Does AF2 body give general MAcc, or MAcc only to Violent Flourish?"
    Do Threnodies have resist states? Is it possible to get a half-duration Threnody?

Aspir Samba/Aspir Samba II's "n" values are what I was looking for. Also, min of Drain Samba is floored half of the max, right?

Thanks Karb, I'll throw the Magic ones on there too. Do you think that possible enfeebles given by Despoil could be directly related to the job of the monster being stolen from? It would give us an easy way to figure out what job combination monsters are maybe. xD

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Do Threnodies have resist states? Is it possible to get a half-duration Threnody?
    Yes

Aspir Samba/Aspir Samba II's "n" values are what I was looking for. Also, min of Drain Samba is floored half of the max, right?
    I'm gonna go kill more lizards for my ws trial later, I'll test it then for you.

And afaik AF2 body only gives macc increase to VF, never noticed it help on DF or ninjutsu, and the macc increase is pretty significant, so if it helped other things I think it'd be noticeable.

And since I'm in abyssea I think I'm gonna do a test I've been meaning to, I wonder if glavoid's atma boosts drain/aspir samba as well, might be fun to see, and if it does, it might be a viable third atma to combo with RR/GH since with my eva set up I can already almost survive by full timing saber dance+Drain Samba III on mobs, if that atma makes it better I could theoretically go back to level 5 mode where drain samba alone is enough fire power to keep me alive

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Using a 210 delay dagger, no haste gear on, not dual wield:

Aspir Samba I

max:4
    min:2

Aspir Samba II

max:6
    min:3

Atma of the dunes does not increase potency of drain/aspir samba ; ;

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

COR:
    My AF3+2 gloves plus full winning streak merits gives me a 7:20 Phantom Roll. So that's 40 extra seconds, so 10%.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by grevenilvec75 View Post
    I think it was just one of those rumors that someone started and now everyone thinks it's the word of god.

EDIT: Also which Q&A are you talking about? link?
    This one, one of the "Recap things said on twitter!" ones: http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...66/detail.html

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

DRG
    * Restoring Breath range/VE/CE?
    * Soul/Spirit Jump CE/VE, and Range?
    * Spirit Surge damage bonus testing?
    * Smiting Breath CE/VE, and Range?
    * Super Jump activation enmity and mechanics?
    * High Jump range
    * Spirit Link CE, VE, and Range? How do Lancer's Vambraces +1 affect it?
    Ugh, getting someone to test CE/VE with me will be hard.. wish I had a 2box.

Restoring breath's range is (likely) infinite, the REAL range is the normal Healing Breath range originating from the wyvern. I will need to test if the wyvern attempts to use healing breath even if I'm nowhere near it (50' + and the wyvern is bound, with a player in PT nearby.)

Smiting breath has an actual target range, but the wyvern's current location is really the determining factor. The real question is what's the range on wyvern elemental breaths to mobs if the wyvern is gravitied/bound etc.

Soul/Spirit/High jump all have the same range as Jump, I would have noticed a long time ago if they were not the same. iirc it's just below 10', 9.5?

Spirit surge gives a damage bonus? News to me. I thought it was just haste/str/hp. I will have to test this.

Enmity on Soul/Spirit jump is most likely a fixed extremely low value.

Spirit link has never gotten me hate back from the years i've soloed with it, I'd expect a fixed low value CE/VE. It's range is.. well.. huge. I've been able to use it with the wyvern bound then I ran for quite a while with crimson, and my wyvern came back eventually. I do need to confirm if it still gains HP though, it's not often this happens.

Lancer's vambraces +1/2 do NOT increase TP return ratio from spirit link. It appears to be a HP ratio bonus from you to the wyvern like Drachen Armet+1.. will need to test with 1k needles + wyvern HP gear.

Super jump is a strange ability. You can target an unclaimed mob, super jump it, and you will land on the mob like a normal jump, but it will do nothing; the mob will not be claimed. I think it needs a target simply to have the finishing animation. You also will not be able to be targeted in any way, AoE or not. DRG can super jump avatar 2hrs, self destruct, -ga spells, and all spells currently being casted directly on them. It is very possible that super jump doesn't generate enmity at all even if you're on the hate list.

I'll do the spirit surge testing now with /THF.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

thf vest that enhances conspirator is simple without it and u use it the person with hate ill have no effect on them. with it equipped it ignores the fact they have hate and enhances them as well being a full time thf ive tested it out 100s of times and same end result hope that helps with ur info.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I don't have anything constructive to add. I read the thread title as "Help! Collecting Information on JPs!"

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This data is all non-spirit surged SA crits vs the infamous Wild Rabbits
    Code:
      Melee Crits
          429:    1
          430:    1
          431:    1
          432:    1
          435:    1
          438:    1
          441:    1
          442:    1
          443:    1
          445:    1
          450:    1
          453:    2
          454:    1
          457:    1
    Hume M 90DRG/37THF (gimp sub omg!)
    125 D
    88 STR
    461 attack

Only things were equipped were weapon (Rhongomiant 85) and Crimson cuisses for sanity's sake.
    Spirit surge gave +19 STR if that's of any matter.

And the overwhelmingly large amount of SA crits I got with spirit surge up were 458 and 442. I removed these instances from the above data.

Math says that my maximum possible crit with fSTR capped is 459 unless I did the calculation wrong, so I do not think spirit surge adds damage, or even D. I would jump a new wrank at 126 D and I doubt i'd get less than 5 D from spirit surge, so these 2 crits should show easily higher damage if D was added, but it's clearly not a direct point increase damage either. It's too bad spirit surge doesn't last long and I didnt have any NPCs to buff lock it on.. I forgot my magian specs QQ

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Increases potency of banish spells after damage is taken (based off of the most recent damage taken) <--- Someone tried to test this for me and couldn't get Banish III's damage to change at all. I'd like verification before I add it.
    http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...427_183004.png

Caps at double damage. Tested cap nuking corses around where Tiamat spawns, allowed them to nuke me with misery up and there was no difference in banish III damage afterwards whether they nuked me for ~300 or ~500 damage. Not entirely sure on the 'damage taken' to cap Misery but I'd estimate it at around 25% of Max HP or ~250 damage. Will try and do some more testing at some point and post it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Re: COR hands, Wiki listed a 5% increase for +1's, while I had them it seemed about the same. ~15 seconds, Winning Streak merits would increase that. Mine are +2 now, so I can't test them if you only want +1 numbers, sadly.

Re: Addendum, Twitter said it had something to do with Enmity a while back, it also said the effect was broken, so we might not be able to find out what it does yet.
    If you're referring to "other" wiki, I was actually the one who added that info, so I can confirm that the tests were indeed done on +1 hands separately from +2 hands. +2 hands are a 10% duration bonus, +1 are 5%, with the duration bonus calculated after Winning Streak merits are applied to the roll duration (e.g. 5:00 -> 5:15 with 0 Winning Streak merits or 6:00 -> 6:18 with 3 Winning Streak merits). The fact that the duration bonus applies after Winning Streak is independently confirmed in Suteru's above post as well (6:40 -> 7:20 with 5 Winning Streak merits, +2 hands).