FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Melee or mage?
    Damage or Utility?
    What event (Alt: HNM type mobs or NQ trash)?
    What do you go to most events as?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat View Post
    In what situation would each of the 99 Relic/Mythic/Empyrean weapon excel over others?
    Gaxe: Ukon=conqueror> Bravura when you can use wing for AM3, Ukon > Bravura > conq when you can keep am1 with Ukon 100% of the time. Bravura > Ukon > conq when you cant.

H2H: Veret>Spharai when you can keep AM3 with wings and/or impetus is up for whole fight. Spahrai > Veret when you cant keep am3 and fight is wit 60% impetus 40% non impetus

Scyte: Libe > Rede > Apoc when you can keep am3 up with wings.

etc. etc. it will varies greatly from event to event and mob to mob.
    Above not even taking into account things like uncapped accuracy etc.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Kamikaze
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsyke View Post
    For Apocalypse TP set with aftermath. I currently don't have Armada hauberk (got the abjuration, but can't justify the cost with how the new Legion gear is looking), and the only sTP body that I have is Aurum cuirass.

- Would using rose strap, hagneia stone, Brutal, Aurum cuirass, tyrant's, rajas, goading and ace's for 5-hit be a good choice or should I stick to 6-hit? Assuming bale head/legs too unless there are better options (My only other body options are NQ Shadow Breatsplate with TA+1 and 6 Acc and Bale +2) And if it isn't, shall I stick to 6-hitting /WAR in the mean time?

- If I ever end up with a pair of ogier's gauntlets, would using those along with rose strap/brutal/tyrant's/rajas/goading/ace's be a better 5-hit (using bomb core for ammo) or are there better options?

- Should I put on a normal 6-hit set before aftermath is up?

- With regards to neck/back slot, am I right in assuming that rancor doesn't have a place for DRK?

- if I end up using the aurum set, which would be better: avant+1 hands and calmecac trousers or use bale in both slots? (how large is the set proc rate?)
    Bump since I didn't get a response.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For BST:

AF3+2 Head / Brego Gloves: STR+5 DEX+8 AGI+5 CHR+8 Acc+17 and a total haste of 26%

or

Zelus Tiara / AF3+2 Hands: STR+11 Attack+15 Crit Rate+3% and a total haste of 24%

If I went with the latter option, the only way to make up the haste would be sacrificing acc/atk+7 pet:double attack+2% for tiercel, or STR+7 DEX+7 Acc+8 DA+3% on feet for one of the haste feet. Or a Hasty Pinion with STP-5 to replace Demonry Core. Or a Blitz Ring to replace epona or rajas (which isn't happening).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What about Z tiara/Perle Hands capping haste and keeping feet on?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Neisan View Post
    What about Z tiara/Perle Hands capping haste and keeping feet on?
    *shiver*

Perle...

I look ugly enough with Zelus, and you want me to wear Perle, too? I think I'd rather wear the badass looking AF3+2 helm and brego gloves instead!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What is a good rapidly obtainable sword for PLD or RDM that will be better than a magic accuracy shikargar. Looking for something to quell the laughter and hide my shame in the interim while I work on an almace.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Kamikaze
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    *shiver*

Perle...

I look ugly enough with Zelus, and you want me to wear Perle, too? I think I'd rather wear the badass looking AF3+2 helm and brego gloves instead!
    Wouldn't a set with haste gloves and Fazheluo helm +1 be better?

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    What is a good rapidly obtainable sword for PLD or RDM that will be better than a magic accuracy shikargar. Looking for something to quell the laughter and hide my shame in the interim while I work on an almace.
    If you get lucky with weather you could make a PDT sword in a few days. (eva sword would be even faster, but lol evaPLD)

Otherwise STR magian is generally considered the best of that group.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You could use haste axes if you that concerned with capping haste on bst. Though kinda curious why you don't have more pet + stuff in there after you are already basically overcapping self haste...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by grevenilvec75 View Post
    If you get lucky with weather you could make a PDT sword in a few days. (eva sword would be even faster, but lol evaPLD)

Otherwise STR magian is generally considered the best of that group.
    I was thinking more along the lines of something I could kill a single NM for, or buy, that would beat a 61 damage sword with good delay. Currently making a str thokcha for my thf so I'm not too keen on doing another fire trial atm.

Should I bother with an Honorbound? I already have a chimeric fleuret as well..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you can keep Enlight up Honorbound is probably better than macc stick.

Chimeric with enspell up should beat macc stick as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    You could use haste axes if you that concerned with capping haste on bst. Though kinda curious why you don't have more pet + stuff in there after you are already basically overcapping self haste...
    I didn't mention my whole gear set. As far as pet stuff, I have add-on head with haste+5% / DT-10%, AF3 neck for double attack+2%, AF3 earring for acc+3/reward, add-on body with the attack+15 DA+2% Crit+2%, beast bazubands for DEF+5%, Oneiros Cappa for PDT-3%, moepapa stone for haste+5%, AF3+2 legs for stout servant +1, and demonry core for pet:acc+4. And reward stuff, like stout bonnet, ogre gloves+1, augmented AF2+2 body, legs, feet, and augmented AF2+2 hands for call beast.

As far as weapons, I have the DA+11% axe and 2 PDT-11% axes. Working on a Guttler atm.

My idle set is all pet gear, though I still have to get an augmented armada feet to complete the pet set. When engaged, I default to my best DPS (including twilight belt over moepapa, etc.) with pet stuff thrown in where it doesn't take away from my DPS (e.g. AF3+2 legs, AF3+2 head, AF3 neck), and a "pet power mode" where I swap in some more pet stuff, like add-on head and moepapa stone, for times where I'm more concerned with my pet's performance/durability than my own while engaged.

I'm not really overcapping haste though, I'm at 26% which is about what it takes, since 25% is still barely under cap. Even using moepapa full time instead of twilight belt would bring me back under haste cap (and take away some double attack).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well what I meant by overcapping is when you get to the point you are you add other stats to yourself instead of pet haste. You can actually cap haste while getting max pet haste now without axes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well what I meant by overcapping is when you get to the point you are you add other stats to yourself instead of pet haste. You can actually cap haste while getting max pet haste now without axes.
    Well, Spurrer would take 3% haste away, and Moepapa would take another 2% haste away. Where's that 5% haste get made up? Feet are going to be taken by augmented armada feet, and I could see tiercel and hasty pinion maybe for 2%, but you still have 3% left.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ogier's Surcoat

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Well, Spurrer would take 3% haste away, and Moepapa would take another 2% haste away. Where's that 5% haste get made up? Feet are going to be taken by augmented armada feet, and I could see tiercel and hasty pinion maybe for 2%, but you still have 3% left.
    Ryuga sune-ate.

Forget Armada, your haste is more important on worthwhile targets.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, my set already caps my haste at the expense of my pet's, when engaged. Just wondering how I'd cap both mine and my pets at the same time without gimping my weapon. I'd use Armada in my idle set, for when I'm not engaged and I'm wearing all pet gear.

As far as Ogier body, AF3+2 gives me like +7.5% damage from killer effects, among other nice stats, it'd be a lot to give up for Ogier. All pretty big sacrifices for trying to cap both my and my pet's haste.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Well, my set already caps my haste at the expense of my pet's, when engaged. Just wondering how I'd cap both mine and my pets at the same time without gimping my weapon. I'd use Armada in my idle set, for when I'm not engaged and I'm wearing all pet gear.

As far as Ogier body, AF3+2 gives me like +7.5% damage from killer effects, among other nice stats, it'd be a lot to give up for Ogier. All pretty big sacrifices for trying to cap both my and my pet's haste.
    You can't "cap" your pet's haste as well as your own, but you can cap your own while giving your pet a good chunk (10%), which is ideal for your combined DoT.

Armada sollerets with pet haste while only your pet is attacking are best in slot I agree, but not while engaged because the Ryuga Sune-ate are necessary in a set that maximises combined master and pet DoT. Ogier's and a certain Axe (2% haste) that I can't be bothered to look up how to spell are not good for BST and not necessary to cap master haste in this type of build.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bah wrong thread.