Closed Thread
Page 71 of 149 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Better?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Aftermath for all Mythic weapons is a royal pain. I haven't worked out a way of managing it, and I'm not sure I'm motivated enough to try.
    Fair enough, appreciated regardless. Something else, what's the "Regain" listed on the WS pages, a Conserve TP average? If so, it's missing from the DNC page.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Actually, I forgot about Conserve TP. That's a little tricky to manage, but I could probably put something together.

Regain is just regain. VV atma, Adloquium, Moonshade Earring, Tactician's Roll, etc. It's based on a conservative number of ticks that can occur during an average weaponskill cycle: how long it takes to complete 3 attack rounds (for 2-handed weapons), given that the average number of rounds per weaponskill cycle is almost always 4 or higher. I can't use an explicit check against the calculated number of rounds since that creates a circular reference.

Not sure what you mean by it being missing from the DNC page. It's included in the dnc spreadsheet as well.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Put Conserve TP in for Penta Thrust and Drakesbane. Not going to take it any further.

Used the BGWiki value of 25% for the trait (otherwiki says drg gets tier 2, no idea how much, but doesn't really matter). While I'm sure it will vary with exact gear setup, with what happens to be in the spreadsheet right now, 32% Conserve TP (trait + belt) reduces average number of rounds per weaponskill by 0.01 out of about 4.5. 100% CTP reduces it by about 0.03.

I'm sure it'd be a fair bit more useful for lower delay weapons, but for drg it's a bit of a joke. Speaking of lower delay, I should probably add it to dnc..

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Not sure what you mean by it being missing from the DNC page. It's included in the dnc spreadsheet as well.
    Speaking of lower delay, I should probably add it to dnc..
    Wtf Mote?! LOL!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Whoops, found a typo when I was copying to the dnc spreadsheet. Ok, it's not as much of a joke; about 0.08 fewer rounds per weaponskill with 32% CTP for drg instead of 0.01.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Wtf Mote?! LOL!
    Thought you were talking about Regain, not Conserve TP ;P

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Added Conserve TP to dnc. Should finish uploading in a couple minutes. Off to bed.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Added Conserve TP to dnc. Should finish uploading in a couple minutes. Off to bed.
    Thanks! (And by dnc page, I didn't mean the page on the wiki, I meant the spreadsheet. Because it was 0, even though DNC has Conserve TP, but since it was Regain, that makes sense, because my DNC doesn't use any regain >_>).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure none of the Conserve traits get multiple tiers. I link all the testing for Conserve TP that I know of on the bgwiki Conserve TP page. Conserve MP definitely does not get multiple tiers (as of level 90).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Is Juogi +1 good in any situations anymore?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Haborym View Post
    Is Juogi +1 good in any situations anymore?
    If attack and fStr are otherwise capped, and not using Impetus (if mnk), then yes, it's still ahead by a few percent over other options.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

For the times when I'm melee'ing on RDM, I have:
    http://ffxistuf2487.previewatthis.co...d/Head_002.jpg
    and
    http://ffxistuf2487.previewatthis.co...d/Head_010.jpg

Which is better?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Zelus.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Is there any convenient way to add gear to the DPS spreadsheets such that it shows up in the drop down menus? I've just been overwriting the slots that are already there that I don't use at the moment.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Go to the gear page, select a full line that is -not- the first gear item in the list, and -not- after the last entry in the list, right click, and select Insert. You can then enter all relevant information. Suggest placing it where it would naturally fall in alphabetical order, if possible. After adding, if list is not in alphabetical order (eg: inserting an item that would have gone before the first or after the last in the list), then select the entire group area and use Data/Sort.

Doing it that way means you don't have to go into the named range dialog and update anything.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Zelus Tiara would prolly win. iirc I think you can only cap haste on RDM w/ Zelus:

Goading Belt - 5%
    Calmecac Trousers - 3%
    Dusk Ledelsens +1 - 3%
    Dusk Gloves +1 - 4%
    Goliard Saio - 4%
    Zelus Tiara - 8%

for 27% Haste. Can also use Swift Belt and stay capped if you don't have a 5-6% Haste belt. or Nashira Manteel. ;P Khthonios Mask might still be a good WS piece..?? The only other headpieces RDM gets are Theia's Hairpin/Gnadbhod's Helm/Kensho Hachimaki iirc.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Replace Goading with Swift Belt and that's what I use for Rdm TP gear (not that I play Melee Rdm more than once a year). Rdm can wear the new Haste+4 feet and Ninurta's Sash though. So you could get 25% with those and Khthonios, but not true-25%.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Go to the gear page, select a full line that is -not- the first gear item in the list, and -not- after the last entry in the list, right click, and select Insert. You can then enter all relevant information. Suggest placing it where it would naturally fall in alphabetical order, if possible. After adding, if list is not in alphabetical order (eg: inserting an item that would have gone before the first or after the last in the list), then select the entire group area and use Data/Sort.

Doing it that way means you don't have to go into the named range dialog and update anything.
    Thanks. My first attempt at adding gear was after the last entry, which was apparently my problem.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Replace Goading with Swift Belt and that's what I use for Rdm TP gear (not that I play Melee Rdm more than once a year). Rdm can wear the new Haste+4 feet and Ninurta's Sash though. So you could get 25% with those and Khthonios, but not true-25%.
    Could get another 1% from Sentinel's Shield, potentially. Or there are 2 n' 3% swords RDM can use now (Swiftwing and Ephemeron).

RDM can use the other 6% Haste belts as well, not just Ninurta's.

Though, yeah, I'd say Zelus is the best option all around. It lets you cap Haste with more common items in other slots, or gives you more flexibility otherwise (like, say, swapping Goliard Saio out for a dual wield/something else ACP body).

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Though I wouldn't recomend wasting your ACP body on Rdm melee. Although I say that, there aren't that many jobs that still have an amazing use for it. Cor being one of the exceptions.