Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

did some controlled tests on lv14 dhalmels, used a neutral char to pull (the lv14) then played with hate with me on blu and another on rdm. used magic ws then used stuns, barspells, fantods, curas, and pollens to manipulate hate. red lotus blade produced far less hate than it should have for the damage done.

current theory that matches my testing perfectly: Elemental weaponskills ignore all factors aside from base damage derived from WSC for enmity calculation; MAB, etc. are all ignored, possibly dSTAT as well thus I haven't included it with WSC

Will refine in a little bit, ran out of EM dhalmels.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ok testing done.

dINT for Red Lotus Blade caps at 32, I did 182 damage.

182 - 32 = 150

Enmity for a level 14 target is damage * 80/14 = 857

RDM did 3x stun + aspir = 3 * 180 + 320 = 860

I did 3x pollen, and it turned right after that. RDM did a 0HP cure and it turned. I did another pollen and it turned.

(WSC + level + 2) * fTP for magic weaponskill enmity calculation.

Not sure about hybrid weaponskills like Jinpu, if I had to guess it just works normally using physical damage calulcations. Had this stuff floating around for years but never bothered testing it, glad to get it done finally. This will be awkward when RUN's mythic ws ends up being magical!

This technically means that wildfire has the potential of generating less enmity than Coronach.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yes, especially when you include the coming 70% cut to damage Enmity that will almost certainly apply to this as well.

Now the real question is whether or not magic damage from nukes follows the same rules.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Improbable. Post correction enmity for most nukes would be much lower than possible with my personal observations of nukes pulling hate over the years. Will test it tomorrow since I'm way too tired right now

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yep took off all the mab/affinity/staff actually managed to end up at the same agi so got 1667 dmg and was 382 CE again lol.

Then went with atma of allure and Atma of the Crimson Scale and -20 enmity in gear so should definitely be geared capped and did 1701 dmg so 2031 base enmity. Actual ended up being 194. So looks like gear enmity is factored with it multiplicatively. With some weird flooring or something.

Stealth shot isn't consumed at all with wildfire and doesn't do anything for it.

Edit maybe it isn't weird floor but ignoring the dstat factor. Granted old dint ws and newer dstat function differently but let me see if I can mess with stuff

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well geez seems wf dstat factor also isn't factored in. Got myself the perfect amount of agi to get the same 1667 dmg on rng/drk I had on pervious tests then absorb-inted right before wf boosting it to 1711. Used sleep/bind in lieu of cure 1 for 1 CE and got the same CE as previous. For this I had 261 agi. 99 Bluffalo have 68 int and if you do the math the dmg works out. Also for fun I figured out how much agi (265) it would take to get the 1692 from my previous 100% so I can just use that data.

Hopefully this is the last revision lol. Anyways reworking the numbers.
    100% test had 265 agi so the base dmg would be 1298 and base enmity from that would be 1550. I had found actual to be 1381 and 1400 so reduction would be -9.68-10.97%. So probably 10%
    300% test had 261 agi so the base dmg would be 1281 and base enmity from that would be 1530. I had found actual to be 382 so reduction would be -75.03-75.10%. So probably 75%

The 1701 with 300% and -50 enmity should be 267 agi which should be a base dmg 1303 base dmg and 1556 base enmity. That keeps coming out to 194.5 when I got 194 so idk still something weird but close enough I suppose.

That's enough for 1 day. Maybe try otherstuff tomorrow

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

That is a pretty huge drop going from 100 to 300 TP. 200 TP would be really interesting because it would let people know how much they should value TP Bonus Moonshade Earrings.

Assuming the level 99 damage coefficient is CE=80/67 and VE=240/67, which will then be reduced by 70% to 24/67 and 72/67, a 1300 base damage Wildfire could be funneled down to 60 CE/180 VE with 300 TP and -50% Enmity. That's even less than Coronach, and considering the VE changes there's almost no way that you would get hate with it anyway.

When they lower the VE coefficient to 72/67, you will need to be doing about 64 damage per second before you start to accumulate VE through damage. If you effectively take away Enmity from WS damage from Ranger and they use Stealth Shot for Barrage, it would take them a very long time to hit that point (if they are even capable of doing so).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I wasn't going to test 200% but going from 10 to 75 almost kinda half to lol. Also you gotta figure those are abyssea agi numbers your actual base would be lower. Doesn't only the first hit of barrage get effected by stealth shot?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I have no idea! It would be pretty useless for Barrage if it did. Oh well, you could still mix in Last Stands with Stealth Shot then. I'm just figuring that Barrage will really be the only thing that can pull hate to the ranger post-patch.

Though you likely won't be able to test it with Wildfire, I also wonder how resists play in to this. If resists for something like Flash Nova still give "full" Enmity, it might be an interesting tool for tanking post-patch.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah plus you can transfer all the emnity to tanks with decoy shot

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok did 200%. Again for simplicities sake I did 261 agi again so should be 1530 enmity. Actual was 918. So exactly -40%.

So looks like -10, -40, -75%.

This all told is rather big news. Being able to ws for 99999+ and only get 501 CE even though it's based on dmg is pretty funny stuff.

Oh and looked more into stealth shot. Didn't work on trueflight either as I expected but did on hot shot. Makes sense not to give pure magical which already has much lowered enmity even more. Hybrids are fair game though it seems. Going to be interesting testing them.