+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

do you use those things a lot?

I've been looking into some of them, but I'm really worried that with my habits they'll just dry out way too easily. Lately I've been trying out all the bottom feeders I can find even lol.

Blackice

I vape constantly when possible @6mg nic with my Nautilus currently. I plan on doing the same with the Igo-W5 on my Nemesis clone. Dripping is certainly a bit more work than tanks due to having to well... drip more often than just tossing 5ml's in the Nautilus. However, dripping means you can go near/full VG and it's fucking deliciously thick vapor. I'll definitely be sub-ohming on the Nemesis though which the Vamo doesn't allow due to it not firing below 1.2 ohms (the MVP in your case I believe, only fires 1.2 and above too and on rare occasions .9ohms but that's unreliable as hell).

I am hope.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I got the MVP2 based on the good reviews from this thread and I love it. The battery is insane, the read out that starts at 4.7 is down to 3.9. I have used it for about 7ml of liquid. I love the puff counter. The LCD is crisp, bright and easy to read. The iClear 30 it came with is good, stainless steal and swivel. The swivel is nice for the one draw back, if I tilt it too high, I will get liquid in my mouth.
    All said, I love the whole thing. no cigarettes for a week now, and not really craving one. I am developing new habitats with the MVP.
    I bought an Ecig before, but did not use it for long. Weak hits, drip only, battery ran out fast, and no VV or VW. I was hesitant to buy a new one and try again but I, and my lady, are very happy I did. Thank you for the recommendations.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

the only problem i have with itazte mvp2 and/or iclear30 clearo is sometimes the plastic cover to the coil will actually touch the coil and burn. you can tell immediately because the taste will go to shit and the liquid color will change to a muddy brown. with a small knife or even nail clippers though, can usually trim enough so that it's not a problem. otherwise also very pleased with it overall.

Ridill
    BG Level

some new regulations being proposed that are actually pretty solid:

officially require to be 18, and show id
    makers have to register with fda
    must supply fda with detailed list of materials/ingredients
    subject to fda inspections

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

you forgot "A prohibition on distributing free samples" I'm not really sure if this includes tasting flavors at you local B&M though which would be annoying.

Pending clarification on that the rest seems fair. Though in the article I read, I didn't see anything vendors having to register. Maybe my reading is bad today. http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014...r-e-cigarettes

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    some new regulations being proposed that are actually pretty solid:

officially require to be 18, and show id
    makers have to register with fda
    must supply fda with detailed list of materials/ingredients
    subject to fda inspections
    I think most of us expected these sooner or later, I'm not really opposed to any of them either.

Sic itur ad astra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm curious how much tax they're going to try and attach to it now though. I am glad they are trying to better regulate it because most people don't realize how dangerous the liquid can be.

And this really won't affect me much because I make my own liquid and have cut down the nicotine so much this past year. Half of what I make now I don't even add nicotine.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I got this e-mail from one of my favorite venders and just really nice people. I got a couple from other venders as well but this one is well written. I guess the FDA regulations is more serious than initially reported:

Hey folks! I respect your time, and I respect your privacy - so I use the newsletter very sparingly. That said, if this is in your inbox, you know it's serious.

I just returned from the SFATA Spring Conference in Chicago and it would suffice to say that we should all be concerned about the proposed FDA deeming regulations. I can say this with absolute certainty: if we do not move swiftly, the community we have built will almost certainly be extinguished. I need to retract all previous statements that suggested that "the proposed FDA Deeming Regulations aren't as bad as I thought they would be" - this is as close to the worst case scenario as can be imagined for small businesses that are attempting to persist into the post regulatory environment. It would suffice to say that if these proposed deeming regulations are allowed to pass unmodified, Nicoticket and other small businesses like ours will cease to exist. Quite truthfully, this bill aims to hand the entire industry to half a dozen players, most of whom would be categorized as "Big Tobacco."

I have one simple request.
    VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK>>>>

http://www.regulations.gov/index.jsp...14-N-0189-0001

Submit a comment requesting an extension of the comment period:

"A 75 day comment period is insufficient time for the vaping industry and the wider vaping community to comment on the proposed deeming regulations. I would respectfully request that the period for comment be extended to 180 days."

ALSO:

If you are not already a member of CASAA: Please join ASAP! It only takes 15 minutes! CASAA is the united voice of the vaping community. Please reserve additional comments on the deeming regulations until the end of the (soon to be extended) comment period! CASAA will be issuing a "Call to Action" which will give provide outline of the type of "purposeful comments" that the FDA needs. In the interim, please submit the extention request outlined above!

Thank you - thank you - thank you,

~Clark and Katy

I have been vaping for almost 2 years now. Easily one of the best choices I made in switching from traditional tobacco. I'm actually using my new ZNA with a Kay Fun to top it.

If I had to pick a favorite liquid it would either be Rawrs Green peach tea, or Dawn of truth from the same vendor. I would say Rawr has been the most consistently excellent vendor I have used over the past two years, highly recommend them.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mistmonster View Post
    I got this e-mail from one of my favorite venders and just really nice people. I got a couple from other venders as well but this one is well written. I guess the FDA regulations is more serious than initially reported:

Hey folks! I respect your time, and I respect your privacy - so I use the newsletter very sparingly. That said, if this is in your inbox, you know it's serious.

I just returned from the SFATA Spring Conference in Chicago and it would suffice to say that we should all be concerned about the proposed FDA deeming regulations. I can say this with absolute certainty: if we do not move swiftly, the community we have built will almost certainly be extinguished. I need to retract all previous statements that suggested that "the proposed FDA Deeming Regulations aren't as bad as I thought they would be" - this is as close to the worst case scenario as can be imagined for small businesses that are attempting to persist into the post regulatory environment. It would suffice to say that if these proposed deeming regulations are allowed to pass unmodified, Nicoticket and other small businesses like ours will cease to exist. Quite truthfully, this bill aims to hand the entire industry to half a dozen players, most of whom would be categorized as "Big Tobacco."

I have one simple request.
    VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK>>>>

http://www.regulations.gov/index.jsp...14-N-0189-0001

Submit a comment requesting an extension of the comment period:

"A 75 day comment period is insufficient time for the vaping industry and the wider vaping community to comment on the proposed deeming regulations. I would respectfully request that the period for comment be extended to 180 days."

ALSO:

If you are not already a member of CASAA: Please join ASAP! It only takes 15 minutes! CASAA is the united voice of the vaping community. Please reserve additional comments on the deeming regulations until the end of the (soon to be extended) comment period! CASAA will be issuing a "Call to Action" which will give provide outline of the type of "purposeful comments" that the FDA needs. In the interim, please submit the extention request outlined above!

Thank you - thank you - thank you,

~Clark and Katy
    and not a single word about what the problems are?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    and not a single word about what the problems are?
    I had some time today so I asked them:

Me: Is there anything in laymans terms that explains what these FDA regulations are proposing that going to effect small businesses?

Them: The regulation, as currently drafted - will eliminate 95% of the industry. What will remain - Big Tobacco and a hand-full of other well-funded liquid manufacturers. My best estimate - 10 lines of (small) liquid.

Me: I keep hearing that but why? Are they just going to make it so expensive and/or complicated that you can't make money?

Them: There's two "pathways" to get any specific product "approved by the FDA"

1) Substantial equivalence: Essentially, we would need to submit that a product we intend to get approved is "equivalent" to a product that existed before February of 2007. Problem - no such product exists.

2) Pre-market Tobacco Application (PMTA) - Estimated cost... 1-1.5million per SKU. Take Custard's Last Stand for example... CLS in 0,6,12,18 - in 15ml, 30ml, 50ml bottles = 12 SKUs. So, the cost to keep a product like CLS alive... somewhere between 12-18million in research, development, testing, etc. THEN - take into consideration that since the inception of the PMTA pathway, approx 20 or so have been submitted and exactly ONE has been approved (a minor change to an existing product). So, net-net - a business like Nicoticket invests millions of dollars to submit an application for which no defined set of application guidelines exists. Even the FDA doesn't know what information they want (or how much). Who wants to invest all that money to submit an application that (in all likelihood) will be denied for "insufficient information?"

Ridill
    BG Level

So I just spent a week in Colorado.

I got one of these:
    http://www.thedabshack.com/shop/halo...s-dome-c-type/

Unimpressed with it, but I haven't used it all that much to say for sure. But as far as I can tell, all it is, is a basic ecig atomizer (there's even a wick the coil is wrapped around, just doesn't go anywhere) with the glass bulb replacing an actual tank. The bulb is actually unnecessary as well, but you can take part of the inside out to let the vapor fill the bulb visibly, if you're so inclined. It sounds like I can get an actual nail to go in it tho, so I'll have to see about that.

However... they also sell straight up cartos prefilled with thc suspended in... something. Goes on any 510 battery.

And... um... they work. Kind of ridiculously well.

According to the guy at the shop, if you only smoke them, a half gram cartridge (you can get bigger ones other places, but half gram was all they carried at the place I went) should last around 2 weeks, and longer if you smoke/eat other stuff as well. I'm inclined to believe him, as one good hit is easily enough to just straight up kick your ass for a few hours.

I got one Sativa and one Indica (they also had a hybrid option), no idea the strains, but yeah, it actually is a distinctive difference (indica = indacouch for reals; Sativa = my mind is full of... i forgot what i was gonna say)

And yes, for those that are curious, walking into a store and having a guy come say "I'm so-and-so, and I'll be your budtender today," then proceed to answer any and all questions, give recommendations based on what kind of high you like, if you get paranoid, what kind of paranoid you get, what kind of tolerence you have, etc. etc., and of course pull out samples for you to check out his recommendations... is absolutely every little bit as fucking awesome as it sounds.

Ridill
    BG Level

Also they haven't really worked out the limits yet; out of state id is limited to a quarter a day, in-state an ounce a day...

But as of right now, like... whatever it is... is what it counts as.

A half gram of wax, which is like 95% thc... counts the same as a half gram of flower. A candy bar with 40mg thc... counts as 40mg of weed. Etc. etc.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Anyone have a Vapor Solutions shop in their area? They had a grand opening in my neighborhood last week so I went to check it out. As soon as I left, I wound up quitting smoking. I vaped years ago on the old minis that cost an arm and a leg, you had to direct drip to get anything out of, or used those cheap ass cartomizers that were a pain in the ass to refill. Holy shit stuff got cheaper and more efficient. Using the eVod twist with a protank II and aside from looking like a bong, this thing is a beast. I might get a box mod next check.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The industry moves so fast that shit gets cheaper like every week.

I actually went to the vape shop that opened up near me recently and made a few purchases. It was a really cool experience and the sampling bar concept is really nice.

I also picked up an Innokin 134 from misthub.com this week. I orderd the mini but they sent me the full size so the batteries I ordered didn't fit. Luckily the vape shop carries them too so that worked out really well. The 134 is a god damn beastmode PVD. That 12.5 watt setting was way too much for me so I dialed it down to 8.0 and that works for me. Thing weighs a ton and you could probably kill a man with it. It's gonna be my at home device for long play sessions and I'll continue to use my ego-c on the road.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

That's one of the reasons why I went back to smoking. There weren't any real stores years ago and you absolutely had to order online which was a huge hassle when you factor in S&H and how cheap vaporizers were back then. I was probably spending twice as much than I did on cigarettes. The tanks are way more convenient and if there isn't any major breakthrough in designs anytime soon, I'll still be happy with what's out now.

The shop I went to had a similar setup. Plenty of flavors to try but then there was the modding station. They'll custom build a rig on the spot if you have enough money and know what you're looking for. Looks like something out of a bike shop. They're having an event tomorrow to celebrate the grand opening so I'll post some pics when I get home.

8.0? 12.5?! Holy shit, I can barely handle 5v without coughing up a lung. What's the actual benefit from going so high?

Ridill
    BG Level

throat hit with less nicotine, mostly

also ebay has absurdly cheap prices on itaste batteries, I'd highly recommend checking them out before buying anything from a store these days

Sic itur ad astra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    8.0? 12.5?! Holy shit, I can barely handle 5v without coughing up a lung. What's the actual benefit from going so high?
    Watts ≠ Volts. Watts=(Volts)²/Resistance. So, if your Protank is 2Ω and your Twist at 5 Volts, you will have Watts= 5²/2, so 12.5 Watts.

On my RBA I usually make 1Ω coils, which sets me at 17.64 Watts. But RBAs are also designed to handle the higher temps with more airflow.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Pics as promised. Kind of overslept and missed the main photo op. As soon as I walked in, a half naked Jeri Lee was already climbing down from the bar to go put her clothes on. Still had fun checking out all the samples and custom mods people had.