+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Been blowing up on Facebook for the past few days.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

"Studies" eh? Which ones?

Sounds like Big Tobacco propaganda.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

They are banning them from indoor public places and soon anywhere cigs are already banned due to the water vapor they expel still containing nicotine and some other chemicals that are being put into the air.

There have been some 'studies' done that show high levels of formaldehyde, the problem with the studies that show this is they are measuring it off dry hits... If you are interested in the science from people that know what they are talking about read Clive Bates stuff.

Sorry I should have added that there have been lots of studies showing low amounts too. I was just pointing out the flaw in the one that recorded higher amounts.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. Finally picked one up yesterday, an Itaste VV3, and I am quite confident I'll be able to quit smokin for realsies. After sampling a bunch went with 2 flavours to start (LEC Tab {a tobacco flavour} & Chai Tea).
    Question though, for those making their own how & what are you using, and can you buy straight nicotine to add?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Crowort View Post
    There have been some 'studies' done that show high levels of formaldehyde, the problem with the studies that show this is they are measuring it off dry hits... If you are interested in the science from people that know what they are talking about read Clive Bates stuff.
    also they're at some unreasonably high voltages

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    "Studies" eh? Which ones?

Sounds like Big Tobacco propaganda.
    Big Tobacco has nothing to gain from putting people off from e-cigs

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    Big Tobacco has nothing to gain from putting people off from e-cigs
    uh, what?

ecigs have prevented thousands of dollars from passing from my hands to PM/RJR directly, like, there's no arguing it, it's just a simple fact

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Indeed. Why would anyone think otherwise...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just got my K 100 telescopic yesterday. I hated the cartomizer that came with it but the Protank II I had been using with my twist made the purchase more than worthwhile. The only thing that really concerns me is the batteries. How long are they supposed to last? Off a full charge, the larger battery is still going after two days. Haven't even tried the smaller one because of this. Also I've been reading up the horror stories about these things exploding. Is this something that can only happen from extreme overuse or should I start investing in safety fuses just in case? Are there any protected batteries I could use? It's kind of triggering my OCD.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    uh, what?

ecigs have prevented thousands of dollars from passing from my hands to PM/RJR directly, like, there's no arguing it, it's just a simple fact
    People who are put off by any health risks from e-cigs aren't going to be smoking cigarettes

That plus every "Big Tobacco" company is already working on e-cigs

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Would you, or anyone for that matter actually trust e-cigs made by big tobacco? I'd want to see the specs and the ingredients for the juice they're going to be pushing.
    Also I doubt they're working on one. I bet they already have it but are working on finding a thread configuration to make it incompatible with everything else on the market.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Tobacco companies have already shown that they are working on and interested in e-cigs.

PMI (Altria) is launching an e-cigarette variant in Japan and Italy this year
    BAT has Nicoventures working on e-cigs
    Imperial owns blu after buying it from Lorillard

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Afaik, they're only making the shitty disposable ones.

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah, one of the biggest problems they have with ecigs is the simple fact that they missed the boat

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    People who are put off by any health risks from e-cigs aren't going to be smoking cigarettes

That plus every "Big Tobacco" company is already working on e-cigs
    it's not about convincing individual people not to use them, it's about getting them restricted so that they're harder for everyone to access

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Afaik, they're only making the shitty disposable ones.
    I think only Vype is disposable at the moment?

PMI's new e-cig I'm fairly sure isn't disposable, and Japan Tobacco has a non-disposable e-cig variant as well

yeah, one of the biggest problems they have with ecigs is the simple fact that they missed the boat
    This isn't wrong, but I think you're making it out like the companies hate e-cigs because smaller companies could move quicker and get into the market when it first expanded. For these companies e-cigs are still a very niche market, with a lot of regulatory danger coming. Obviously they want a part of that pie, but their primary concern is selling billions (trillions? can't remember) of sticks of cigarettes.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

On second thought, I'm not really digging my K100/Protank II combo. Maybe because it's a variable voltage atty or something, the flavor is good but it just doesn't give a good throat hit. Anyone have some recommendations for a decent tank/atty?

Ridill
    BG Level

I'm not that happy with my protank lately either.

I've mostly been using an iClear 16b. It's bigger than the iClear 16, and it's a dual coil bottom feeder... but really in the end I've found nothing that outperforms a plain old iClear 16 dual coil, I just burn them out way too fast.