+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Really curious to see if this works for you, but I'm also curious about the weight gain people seem to get after quitting and if this changes things at all. I don't know what the actual cause and effect between the two is so I don't know what, if anything, would stop that because I have a few friends and family members that I'd love to get off smoking, but I know for at least a handful of them, the weight gain they've seen in others puts them off, especially the types who aren't likely to lose it after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    Really curious to see if this works for you, but I'm also curious about the weight gain people seem to get after quitting and if this changes things at all. I don't know what the actual cause and effect between the two is so I don't know what, if anything, would stop that because I have a few friends and family members that I'd love to get off smoking, but I know for at least a handful of them, the weight gain they've seen in others puts them off, especially the types who aren't likely to lose it after the fact.
    I've heard the weight gain is in relation to an oral fixation problem, IE where people need something in their mouth all the time. Maybe gum would help?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

i have a friend of mine who sucks on his religiously. all the fun of your addiction without the tar and lung cancer.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

switching to electronic cigarettes shouldn't have any effect on weight since you're still getting regular nicotine doses (and for many people, more than you did smoking normal cigarettes). nicotine acts as an appetite suppressant, so removing it altogether can cause your appetite to skyrocket, which is why many people gain weight when quitting.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    Combination of 2 factors: 1 is that nicotine is a stimulant, and therefore has appetite suppressant properties. Since you're still getting nicotine, that part isn't an issue.

The other is that food tastes better when you don't smoke, for obvious reasons. That part is still going to be there, but food tasting better shouldn't really be a problem.

When I quit, I chewed the fuck out of gum and to combat the worst craving I had (smoking while driving) I took up having apples. I had about a 30-40 minute commute to school each way so I'd bring two and milk em for all they were worth. Kicked a bad habit, teeth and overall health improved.

That worked for 2 months, then went back. Feels good man.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

That makes sense, thanks, guys

Ridill
    BG Level

ugh I need to find some blank cartomizers here in town this peach is freaking fantastic but putting it in the menthol cartomizers is... yeah lol

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I've always wanted to try the vaporizers. I (barely)smoked for 1-2yrs and then just randomly quit one day.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I actually quit smoking using one of those after being a smoker for 17yrs. Just got 1 refill of fulls, then mediums and started alternating gum with the cig once I got to mediums. I actually still have the last filter refill. I didn't even realized I'd "quit," altogether until a few days later when someone else pointed it out.

For people who like to smoke and don't want to quit, it's a great alternative for places you can't smoke in (here in NC indoor smoking is banned as well). Perfect for the bar, clubs, etc.

For anyone looking for a replacement crutch to help quit smoking, it can definitely work. But like all remedies, it's probably only going to succeed for a small percentage of people.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Hmmm. Reading through this, I may have to give it a try. I've been smoking for about 18 years. Granted, I've never been a heavy smoker, maybe a half a pack on a bad day. I would like to quit, but I'm a damn addict. It sure would be nice to be able to out run the zombies for more than 50 feet when the shit hits the fan...

Thanks for all the input. I had been considering trying this out. $42 total from Liberty Flights for the 510 and some liquid. Wouldn't have ordered if it wasn't for Mellema and that 20% off.

Any idea on shipping time from the UK to Cali? I'm hoping I'll get it by Friday.

Sic itur ad astra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kiehl View Post
    Thanks for all the input. I had been considering trying this out. $42 total from Liberty Flights for the 510 and some liquid. Wouldn't have ordered if it wasn't for Mellema and that 20% off.

Any idea on shipping time from the UK to Cali? I'm hoping I'll get it by Friday.
    If you ordered from the Liberty Flights page I linked they are actually in California. Usually get my stuff from them in 2 to 3 days here in Texas, so hopefully yours will be quicker. The nice thing about Liberty Flights is that they are headquartered in the UK, so they can use Paypal. Paypal is retarded in the USA and will not allow the sale of e-cigs here, and ban accounts if they find out that they do.

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah, the FDA and the J&J's etc. that basically control it are not happy about something a thousand times better than their stop smoking products that doesn't fall into their medical regulation, so they're doing all they can to keep major retailers and internet business places from touching them.

I picked up some of the plain tobacco flavors today, they're pretty good. The Turkish (i.e. Camel) is a bit sweet but is a decent representation of smoking. The Cowboy (marlboro) is basically the exact same flavor, but it has more of a smokey taste added to it, and is really, really close to smoking a red, me likey. These are still the Evo stuff, which is the only stuff I'll be messing around with for another couple weeks til I use it up prob.

edit: actually not really quite a red, I'd say they're almost exactly like a marlboro medium

Ridill
    BG Level

What's hilariously ironic about the FDA stuff btw, is that if it *didn't* help people quit smoking, and/or wasn't infinitely healthier, the FDA would be completely fine with it.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Thanks again for the links and info, I think I'm gonna to get my mom one and see how it goes.

Ksandra's other pussy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tingil Conran
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fuck, this sounds awesome, I smoked for maybe 5 years while I was in the military, and then I had a GF ask me to stop so I did and I found it quite easy (amazing willpower w/e I didn't have that hard a time) I haven't smoked in 2 years, but fuck do I miss it, my grandpa died living on a neutralizer for years but I still did it (tbh seeing him die basically due to smoking had no effect on me), but walking passed smokers lately is fucking with me, 9/10 smokers I walk past is disgusting, but that 1/10 is amazing and it makes me wanna start up again and now there is Esmokes, makes it even harder.

Ridill
    BG Level

You can get them with 0 nicotine fluid if you really want to give it a shot and avoid the addiction.

4 days shipping from San Diego is not fair. Can't wait to get home and play with this thing.

Edit: So wow... Just like the first nicotine buzz when I started smoking. Pretty neat.

Ridill
    BG Level

I dropped some of the peach liquid on a bowl, shit was so cash.