+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

So, I'm ready to go for something a bit more serious. Should I go for the one you linked, or should I check out the 900 mah one from the Evo guys?

I've also actually been looking at some of the ones that have a big reservoir that you cut your cartomizer and put it inside, it does seem like I'm having to refill way too often.

Mostly I'm just finding that this one's a bit too weak like you said. I just don't want to buy the one you linked and then be like "yeah I still need more than this."

I've had a couple smokers that roam around here during work try it and liked the 510. Said it gave the feeling of what they were smoking. The cartos for it last me about 12 hours for 1. I stuck an extra one in my car as a back up.

Ridill
    BG Level

I've been looking around at that site a bunch and it's really lacking on meaningful info. I can't even tell what the difference is between the 510 and the 901 at all.

edit: I think I figured out what I'm gonna go for.

http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=85

2x 1100 mah batteries, a normal atomizer and a low resistance (1.7 ohm) atomizer.

I have a couple questions, though, specifically:

Will basically any cartomizers work on this? Provided they're properly inverted or not, of course.

Should I try some of those dual coil 1.5 ohm cartomizers too, if they'll even work with it?

I don't know if I want to deal with the extra aspect of replacing both atomizers and cartridges over just cartomizers.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I've been wanting to try one of these for quite some time. I quit smoking about 18 months ago but constantly have cravings, figured this would be a satisfying, healthier alternative.

Ordered the Riva 510 last night, looking to buy liquids and such for it now. I used to smoke camel filters and it was all I really liked, are there any flavors that are similar? If so where can I get it?

Ridill
    BG Level

I can't speak for any of the others but Evo makes one called Turkish that's supposed to mimic camel, and I think it does a pretty good job.

http://www.evovapor.com/evojuice.html

$16 for a theoretical carton.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Is there any secondary smell from e-cigarettes? Are they usable inside without stinking the place up, or is it something that you use outdoors primarily?

Ridill
    BG Level

Nobody's been able to smell it yet, and I've been testing that. Also tobacco really isn't such a bad smell when it's not burning, so the tobacco ones shouldn't be an issue even if they did leave a smell, and then who's going to complain about peach or apple or whatever?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    I can't speak for any of the others but Evo makes one called Turkish that's supposed to mimic camel, and I think it does a pretty good job.

http://www.evovapor.com/evojuice.html

$16 for a theoretical carton.
    I can use Evo with the Riva 510 right? If so I'll probably try the Turkish.

Sorry, still trying to figure out how all this shit works.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyosan View Post
    Is there any secondary smell from e-cigarettes? Are they usable inside without stinking the place up, or is it something that you use outdoors primarily?
    Sometimes you can smell them, but it is a nice smell and doesn't really linger. I have a coffee that I vaped for like a month, after a stopped using it I noticed my room still smelled of it a little for a week or two. The coffee was a pretty strong flavour and no other juice I've had has done that.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    I can use Evo with the Riva 510 right? If so I'll probably try the Turkish.

Sorry, still trying to figure out how all this shit works.
    For the juice as far as I know there's no issues at all, you can use pretty much any juice with any ecig. There's 3 things on ecigs that cause compatibility issues, 1 is the threading itself, 1 is male vs female connections, and 1 is battery voltage which should only be an issue if you're using low resistance atomizers or the wrong chargers.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

For the juice as far as I know there's no issues at all, you can use pretty much any juice with any ecig. There's 3 things on ecigs that cause compatibility issues, 1 is the threading itself, 1 is male vs female connections, and 1 is battery voltage which should only be an issue if you're using low resistance atomizers or the wrong chargers.
    Mk, thanks so much for the info!

Ridill
    BG Level

np

quoting this in hopes mell sees it, or anyone else has any answers

edit: I think I figured out what I'm gonna go for.

http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=85

2x 1100 mah batteries, a normal atomizer and a low resistance (1.7 ohm) atomizer.

I have a couple questions, though, specifically:

Will basically any cartomizers work on this? Provided they're properly inverted or not, of course.

Should I try some of those dual coil 1.5 ohm cartomizers too, if they'll even work with it?

I don't know if I want to deal with the extra aspect of replacing both atomizers and cartridges over just cartomizers.

Sic itur ad astra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Okay, I will try to answer a few questions.

The terminology does get confusing. I've tried to stick with 510 equipment so that all my different batteries, atomizers, cartomizers, etc will work together. The also sell adapters, so you can mix and match if you want. Any good supplier should clearly identify what type each item is. I looked at the Evo kit and they don't list what threading it is, but I'd guess it's a M401.

Your link to Liberty Flights shows the T-Rex, which is a 510 model. I've used a T-Rex before and they work great. Basically, the T-Rex, Riva, eGo, and several others are about the same in style and performance, just re-branded with minor changes. The 1100 mAh batteries will last all day probably before needing recharging.

As for cartomizers, as long as they're 510 threading they will work with those batteries. The only problem you might have is that some cartomizers are a little thicker and it's hard to get the cone over them that attaches to the battery, but the cone is only for looks so it's not a big deal.

The atomizer/cart vs. cartomizers is a matter of personal choice. I just use cartomizers now b/c they hold more liquid, so don't have to refill as often. Can also carry a couple spares to swap out during the night.

The 1.5 dual coil cartos are real popular now and have gotten great reviews. I've tried a few, but I still prefer single coil. My favorite right now is the 1.6 SC 510 from Ikenvape. I like the clear ones b/c it helps to see how low your liquid level is getting.

And for anyone who is confused about all the different terminology or just curious, Here's a link to the ECFs FAQ page.

Sic itur ad astra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Nyosan View Post
    A couple of my employees joke about how my Hopscotch e-liquid smells like cotton candy to them. They can only smell it if they're right by my desk when I'm vaping though. I work at a bar, so normally the cigarette smoke will overpower any smell that comes from my e-cig. The only other liquid I've noticed an odor from is a cafe mocha that I tried once and it left a bit of a coffee smell in the air.

Ridill
    BG Level

I went with the t-rex 1100 set, pretty excited. Also grabbed 5 clear cartomizers, though just the ones Ic ould find easily on that same site (libertyflights). They're dual coil 1.5 ohm.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Didn't read the whole thread but I just quit smoking. I smoked for 10yrs and tyred quitting with the E-cig couple months ago. Lasted about a month before I realised I was smoking the E-cig just like regular cigarettes, so I didn't really quit anything at all. E-cig is cool but imo after a while its fucking annoying. So this time when I quit(going on a month now) I smoked the E-cig 2-3 days after I stopped cigarettes, then I quit the E-cig cold turkey, was the best way for me. Yeah the first week sucked but you slowly get used to all the changes in your lifestyle and get over the cravings. What REALLY helped me, more so then the E-cig, was Tea Tree Toothpicks, those are awesome.

Ridill
    BG Level

Well, one thing you can do is buy the juice in lowering potency, i.e. start with 24 or 36 mg of nicotine and move down to 0 (yes, they make 0 nicotine juices). That would probably be the best approach for trying to ween yourself.

Personally I'm fine with smoking the ecigs for, well, ever, I just don't want the damage from real cigarettes.

I'm reminded of this:

At the end of it he asks "so, is there any chance of you getting addicted to the device?" and she just says "oh yeah I'm totally addicted to the device" lol.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've been willing to try this myself, Whats the price range for a good starter kit that can come close to a Newport flavor.

Ridill
    BG Level

The one mell linked on first page is sub 40 bucks including shipping with the discount code. You can get pretty strong menthol flavors just about anywhere that should be comparable to ports. Dunno if you'll be able to find any cheetos flavored juice, though.

The one I went with is pretty damn serious and with the extra (empty) cartomizers ended up being ~65 after shipping. You can find a lot for more expensive than that, but I haven't even seen any as strong as that, let alone with 2 batteries and for that price.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just got my riva 510 and my turkish liquid or juice or w/e the term is.

Must say, I love this shit.

Edit: Wasn't expecting the throat hit to be as strong as it is.