+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

I'm jealous, my T-Rex got to town today but then the post office sent it to the wrong distribution center so now I have to wait until tomorrow ><

Sucks, I hadn't bought any more stuff and all my cartomizers are pretty dead. I think I'm going to go buy a pack of turkish lol. Probably going to be giving the evo to a friend that smokes those little filtered cigar things, I figure the Turkish should work well for him anyway so it should work out.

Also I suck balls at refilling cartos >< going to go buy a syringe in a bit and see if it helps any lol.

I watched a video on youtube about filling the cartos only because they came with no instructions. Woman on the video seemed like an idiot. The ones that come with the 510 I just drip drops on to the side and let the sponge? soak it up. Takes no more than 30 sec. No pulling stuff out except the little white mouth piece that comes out with your thumb nail.

Unless I'm doing it completely wrong...

Ridill
    BG Level

the "sponge?" is generally polyfill

Personally I'm still trying to figure out the refilling stuff, but as far as the removing the polyfill and stuff, I think that's generally something to do when either it's been heavily used and needs a good cleaning, or you want to switch flavors. For example I wanted to try my peach when I first got it, but all I had at the time was menthol cartridges, so I tried (and failed, lol) at cleaning and replacing that stuff.

I picked up a syringe today though, and it doesn't seem to be much different than just dripping it in, the shit is so absorbent anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level

So... is it normal for juice to constantly be coming out the other end of my cartomizers while I'm filling them or are these just shoddy? It's not like it's just one doing it, or just started doing it when I used the syringe, all of them do it whether I drip it in or whatever.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    I'm jealous, my T-Rex got to town today but then the post office sent it to the wrong distribution center so now I have to wait until tomorrow ><
    I ended up ordering the turkish liquid for it like 3 days after I ordered the riva 510, but they both came today at the same time.

I was quite happy. Thought I was going to end up with the riva and no liquid, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah fortunately I have a shop really close to me that has the turkish and the peach I really like, and there's a couple other places in town I can get hooked up on the other stuff. But this evo set is getting really disappointing now ; ; Like, it's been what, about 2 weeks since I started this thread, which was a day or 2 after I got it, and it's already getting to the point where one battery will die before the other is finished charging, which sucks balls.

Oh, and I've had the syringes for like 2 hours and already managed to poke myself pretty good once lol ><

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Are all cartridges refillable, or does one need a specific refillable type?

Also, what's the difference between a cartomizer and atomizer/cartridge? One piece instead of two? What's the benefit to that?

It looks like the larger models are recommended by most users, but I'd really like something I could use without having my hands involved. Something without a push-button and small/light enough to hold in my lips would be optimal. Anything bigger would probably just go largely unused. Any recommendations?

Ridill
    BG Level

Pretty much all refillable.

Yes, it's 2 pieces instead of 1 with ato+carty. The 2 pieces are more customizable, and probably a little cheaper to maintain. The cartos are just more convenient.

In this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcukaPfTUKA he basically gives the exact same opinion as what you're describing at the end, and mentions that he likes the 901 with automatic (goes when you suck on it, don't have to push a button) activation for that.

I wouldn't even consider removing the polyfill. My fingers are way too big to mess with that little tube and wire. Mine will drip if I don't tip the carto at an angle and or if I overfill it. I've pretty much resorted to just bringing the bottle with me and topping off before I go into a bar or w/e.

Ridill
    BG Level

Trex got here, not sure if happy or not heh. It's a *MUCH* more satisfying vape than the evo, but even with the dual coil 1.5 ohm carto it's barely making any throat hit at all, even with tons of vapor.

Sic itur ad astra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So... is it normal for juice to constantly be coming out the other end of my cartomizers while I'm filling them or are these just shoddy? It's not like it's just one doing it, or just started doing it when I used the syringe, all of them do it whether I drip it in or whatever.
    If you over-fill them they will. You want to make sure you are just using enough liquid to soak into most of the polyfil, without getting any in the center tube area. If you're using the dual coil smoktechs from Liberty Flights, I pretty sure they only hold 1 ml of liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyosan View Post
    Are all cartridges refillable, or does one need a specific refillable type?

Also, what's the difference between a cartomizer and atomizer/cartridge? One piece instead of two? What's the benefit to that?

It looks like the larger models are recommended by most users, but I'd really like something I could use without having my hands involved. Something without a push-button and small/light enough to hold in my lips would be optimal. Anything bigger would probably just go largely unused. Any recommendations?
    The main difference between atomizers and cartomizers has traditionally been quality. Cartomizers are cheaper and were designed to be used a few times then thrown away. Atomizers have a much smaller but stronger heating filament that should last much longer.

You can get a small m401 with auto batteries. The first e-cig I ever bought was one of those and looked just like a real cigarette. Unfortunately, the small size means a small battery and usually very poor performance. You can also look at the Joye 510. It is the same diameter as a cigarette and about as long as an 100. It has a button activation, and batteries that small are not recommended if you want to use low resistance atty/cartos because they will often burn up the switch mechanism.

The Riva/T-Rex/eGos are a little longer than a 100 cigarette and a bit wider in diameter (about like a swisher cigar). But just that little extra size allows for a much better battery, and thus much better performance. You get use to pressing the button very quickly, it's like you're just squeezing your cigarette a little when you inhale.

Trex got here, not sure if happy or not heh. It's a *MUCH* more satisfying vape than the evo, but even with the dual coil 1.5 ohm carto it's barely making any throat hit at all, even with tons of vapor.
    If you're not getting a lot of throat hit from that set up I'm guessing it may be your e-liquid. If your liquid is mostly VG (vegetable glycerine) then you will be getting tons of vapor, but not much throat hit and less flavor. Liquids that are made with mostly PG (propylene glycol) give more throat hit but produce a lot less vapor. I mix together liquids to make my favorite and it's about 75/25 PG:VG. Another property I like about PG is that it's a thinner liquid, so it's easier to use with cartomizers.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mellema View Post
    If you over-fill them they will. You want to make sure you are just using enough liquid to soak into most of the polyfil, without getting any in the center tube area. If you're using the dual coil smoktechs from Liberty Flights, I pretty sure they only hold 1 ml of liquid.
    I've been having the issues with both the new ones and the evo ones, but I think it's just overfilling. It's weird, though, it's not like I'm getting it down the tube, it's just I guess oversaturation that causes it to drain some out through the wick/atomizer.

The main difference between atomizers and cartomizers has traditionally been quality. Cartomizers are cheaper and were designed to be used a few times then thrown away. Atomizers have a much smaller but stronger heating filament that should last much longer.

You can get a small m401 with auto batteries. The first e-cig I ever bought was one of those and looked just like a real cigarette. Unfortunately, the small size means a small battery and usually very poor performance. You can also look at the Joye 510. It is the same diameter as a cigarette and about as long as an 100. It has a button activation, and batteries that small are not recommended if you want to use low resistance atty/cartos because they will often burn up the switch mechanism.

The Riva/T-Rex/eGos are a little longer than a 100 cigarette and a bit wider in diameter (about like a swisher cigar). But just that little extra size allows for a much better battery, and thus much better performance. You get use to pressing the button very quickly, it's like you're just squeezing your cigarette a little when you inhale.
    My TRex is actually barely any longer than my evo with the cart/atty setup, these cartomizers are kind of big though so it's about an inch longer with them. (I also can't use the cone with these cartos, won't pull air through properly, kind of sucks but me)

I definitely agree about the manual, the disposable that was the first ecig I tried was auto, and when I bought the evo I was worried I wouldn't like the manual. Within a couple hours I was sold, though, and don't think I'll ever even consider another auto.

If you're not getting a lot of throat hit from that set up I'm guessing it may be your e-liquid. If your liquid is mostly VG (vegetable glycerine) then you will be getting tons of vapor, but not much throat hit and less flavor. Liquids that are made with mostly PG (propylene glycol) give more throat hit but produce a lot less vapor. I mix together liquids to make my favorite and it's about 75/25 PG:VG. Another property I like about PG is that it's a thinner liquid, so it's easier to use with cartomizers.
    Sweet, I've been wondering what the difference was generally with pv vs vg. I actually found a guy here in town that sells all kinds of stuff, and his setup is basically to come meet you to give you the stuff (does no shipping at all actually, only serves locally). I'm hoping to meet up with him and get some advice and get a nice setup for making my own juice together.

Sic itur ad astra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

(I also can't use the cone with these cartos, won't pull air through properly, kind of sucks but me)
    I keep a Riva at work as a back up and had to use it last night. The cone doesn't fit over these newer clear cartomizers. Figure I'll just use a punch to widen it or my dremel to grind down the top towards the wider portion. That will hopefully let in enough air also.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm really stupid with this shit, still trying to figure it all out.

Is this the cartridge? If so, how many times can I refill this? I've refilled it three times so far and it still seems to be working okay, but I don't wanna break this shit. The lil box kit thingy I got for my Riva 510 came with 10 of them, so I'm afraid that they're not refillable and I'm doing it wrong. Halp!
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...17/Unknown.jpg

Sic itur ad astra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    I'm really stupid with this shit, still trying to figure it all out.

Is this the cartridge? If so, how many times can I refill this? I've refilled it three times so far and it still seems to be working okay, but I don't wanna break this shit. The lil box kit thingy I got for my Riva 510 came with 10 of them, so I'm afraid that they're not refillable and I'm doing it wrong. Halp!
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...17/Unknown.jpg
    Yes, that's the cartridge. They give you extras mainly so you can carry a few extras around already filled and swap them out or use different ones for different flavors. You can keep refilling them, but occasionally you'll want to take the filler out and rinse with water because residue from the e-liquid will start building up. You can also go to Petco and look for MarineLand Type U blue foam in the fish tank filter area. Cut the foam to fit inside the cart. It seems to hold a little more liquid and wick it towards the atomizer better than the standard filler. A 3 pack is like $7 and will last forever.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yes, that's the cartridge. They give you extras mainly so you can carry a few extras around already filled and swap them out or use different ones for different flavors. You can keep refilling them, but occasionally you'll want to take the filler out and rinse with water because residue from the e-liquid will start building up. You can also go to Petco and look for MarineLand Type U blue foam in the fish tank filter area. Cut the foam to fit inside the cart. It seems to hold a little more liquid and wick it towards the atomizer better than the standard filler. A 3 pack is like $7 and will last forever.
    Beautiful, thanks so much.

Ridill
    BG Level

I keep a Riva at work as a back up and had to use it last night. The cone doesn't fit over these newer clear cartomizers. Figure I'll just use a punch to widen it or my dremel to grind down the top towards the wider portion. That will hopefully let in enough air also.
    I have a grinder, it's a bigass one tho not a dremel. I can't decide if I should grind it down a little or just drill a hole or 2 in it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I ended up ordering an M401 starter kit with an extra atomizer for $40; it seemed like a decent deal. It's not getting here fast enough!

Do you folks know of any resources for trying to mimic the flavors of main-stream cigarettes? My father and brother smoke, and I plan on trying to sell them on e-cigs if my experience is good enough. I'd like to pitch them with something that is at least somewhat similar to their current habits. Marlboros and Winstons, if it makes any difference.

Ridill
    BG Level

Pretty much every juice supplier is going to have a marlboro, the one I've tried was evo's Cowboy and I'd say it's a decent attempt. Haven't noticed winston anywhere, but I haven't looked, either. I know a lot of places sell a "virginia."

Ridill
    BG Level

So, it's been about a month now, and I'm doing... meh. I was down to like 1-2 cigarettes a day for a couple days there, but now I'm back to 5ish. Part of my problem is just being unsatisfied with some of what I got. The clearomizers are pretty nice, but they can't match what a good LR atomizer + carty puts out. However, the non-lr atty is pretty much worthless to me, it's no better than the Evo was, really. The LR atty I got I really like, but have 2 main issues with: it lost effectiveness pretty quickly (within a few days), and even with a cartridge I'm basically dripping and just using the cartridge as a mouthpiece because just filling the cart doesn't work worth a shit. It also gives a pretty nasty flavor if I let the juice get too used up before I drip again.

I'm ordering some replacement LR attys today, and picking up a menthol/tobacco blend to hopefully satiate my analog cravings a bit better. I'm looking for a good vanilla as well, but libertyflights is all sold out of theirs qq.

Mell, does that offer still stand for the samples and stuff? If so could you toss me a pm with what info and anything you need from me please?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast