+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Absolutely loving mine, use it all the damn time.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

This has been on my mind since blu cigs came out. I really don't know what to do and if it would be worth the investment.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmaus View Post
    This has been on my mind since blu cigs came out. I really don't know what to do and if it would be worth the investment.
    >deadmaus

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Was a serious question.
    Serves more of a purpose than simply typing "out."

lol loathe people.

Ridill
    BG Level

from what I hear the blu cigs are crap

have you read through the thread? any questions you had specifically or anything?

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I ordered a "Volt" starter kit from Smokeless Image after reading through this thread and reading the e-cig forums that were posted earlier. I will let you all know how it goes. I didn't go with the larger sized PVs because my urges/addiction is very much tied to keeping my hands and mouth occupied and I feel like I needed something close to the size of a regular cigarette. The Volt was spoke highly of as well as the ones on Vapor4life.com on the forums. These are better known as the KR808 models I believe, I read that bloog, smokeless image, and v4l all sell the exact same battery, so I went with cheapest kit/shipping. Any of you more experienced guys familiar with these smaller e-cigs?

I've been smoking around a pack a day for over 13 years now, so I'm eager to see how well this thing combats the urges.

Ridill
    BG Level

I would say that the single biggest problem I had with my small battery was that I didn't even have it a month and it was already showing significant battery life reduction. That's the only thing I'd worry about really as long as you followed the advice of the major forums. There's a pretty huge amount of experience gathered at that place for something that's only been around a few years.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Yeah I wasted waaaay too much time on that forum yesterday. How was it getting used to the larger sized ones? I just don't see those working out for me as well, but maybe I'm over estimating how much the size of them will matter to me.

Ridill
    BG Level

hasn't bothered me at all, this is going to sound like it's the wrong thread but yeah it's just something to hold on to and suck on >.>

I view it as pretty much a pacifier.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

All this talk of size matters and sucking sure is suspect lol...

I'm ready to quit these nasty bitches though, I only enjoy after sex and after weed cigs at this point the rest are just something to do.

Well I'll see how this one goes and if it's working shitty or not hitting like I'd like then I might look into upgrading.

Ridill
    BG Level

After weed is the killer for me, especially because of the way I smoke. I don't like sit down, smoke a bowl, and then do whatever. I sit down with a bowl and smoke on it slowly while I'm doing other stuff (i.e. video games) until it's gone, then I reload. I usually smoke a few cigarettes in between there somewhere during the bowl.

The times that the cigarette cravings come on the strongest by far are when I'm partway through a bowl and it's about when I'd normally set it down for a couple minutes to smoke a cigarette.

also there's a local guy that runs a shop without a storefront and just makes deliveries himself here in town, he has a juice flavor called mary jane lol... if I can ever get a hold of him I'll probably have to try that out

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mellema View Post
    Yes, that's the cartridge. They give you extras mainly so you can carry a few extras around already filled and swap them out or use different ones for different flavors. You can keep refilling them, but occasionally you'll want to take the filler out and rinse with water because residue from the e-liquid will start building up. You can also go to Petco and look for MarineLand Type U blue foam in the fish tank filter area. Cut the foam to fit inside the cart. It seems to hold a little more liquid and wick it towards the atomizer better than the standard filler. A 3 pack is like $7 and will last forever.
    Any links on where to get that foam? I went to Petco and couldn't think of the name but definitely don't think anything they had matched up with that. I ended up getting some fluval white foam but I don't think it's what I was after, seems much too... loose I guess? It's not very dense at all.

Ridill
    BG Level

Well, I ordered some flavors from libertyflights in 5mg. I'm having a bit of an issue, though...

I got a pack of atomizers, and they came with a really interesting primer fluid. It's actually really good on its own, I was like man where can I get this flavor when I was trying to clear em out before using with juice. It's a pretty strong like nutty, cinnamonny flavor, almost like what you'd flavor egg nog or apple cider with (aside from the basic flavors obv).

The problem is... it won't go away. It wasn't so bad with the vanilla, although I can't really tell if I like the vanilla at all because of it. But, it made the tobacco flavor taste like... well, just shit, and the cherry taste like straight up cherry cough syrup. One of the attys didn't seem to have it so bad, so I took a syringe without the needle and forced a bunch of water through, and when I checked it out blank afterwards basically no vapor came out at all, so I thought I was good. Unfortunately then I tried the tobacco and I could barely taste it over that primer fluid taste...

Any ideas on how to get rid of that?

Also I got that menthol + tobacco blend, it's not bad tasting at all but it tastes more like a chocolate dinner mint than a menthol cigarette >< Using it in one of my clearomizers.

Ridill
    BG Level

I dunno if it's just the taste of the wick or what lol, but I let the atomizer I tried vanilla in sit for a couple hours with a full cartridge, the weird taste is gone and omg... amaaaaazing. Using it with the drip tip now, I'm in loooooove.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Just wanted to bump and say that I'm on Day 17 of no cigs with the help of my Volt. I fucking love LOVE this thing. Tastes so much better than cigarettes (I mainly vape the 555 flavor). It's working awesome and it was pretty cheap compared to some other brands out there. I did a bit of research on the forums posted earlier in the thread and if anyone is looking for one of the smaller VPs that are shaped like a cig I highly recommend www.smokelessimage.com. They come pretty highly recommended from that forum and they are a little cheaper than the other similar models, even the carts on the site are a little cheaper. Coupon code SIVOLT50 or NOBOX10 gets you a 10% discount as well. (I should work advertising for this company, I love this thing so much)

Ridill
    BG Level

Nice man, glad it's working for you, I'm trying to convince pretty much everyone I know that smokes to try them at this point. (and everyone that chews to try snus as well lol)

I finally got ahold of the guy here in town and got some stuff from him. I got some 2 ohm single coil cartomizers I'm quite happy with, and I think he charged me like 8 bucks for 5 of em.

I also got:
    555: It's the basic chinese juice pretty much every place sells. I wouldn't say I'm excited about it, but I am very satisfied with it, both on its own and mixed with menthol.

Analog Menthol: Haven't tried this yet, he said it was fresh mixed and I should let it seep a few days. It's a blend of his most popular tobacco flavor and his menthol, I'll get to that in a minute.

Kentucky Burley: A custom blend he's working on. Same deal, haven't tried it yet letting it seep.

Pure Menthol: oh... mah... gawd.... wow. So, he gets real pure menthol crystals (only has this stuff part of the time because they melt in the mail), and then uses everclear to mix em in with unflavored nicotine juice. Holy shit... this shit is amazing. I will never bother trying a different menthol again, this is amazing on its own, and unbelievable mixed with the 555 to create a menthol cigarette flavor.

Here's the kicker... 9 bucks each for 30ml. Unfortunately right now he's still only operating locally, even though he has the website; you just order on it and then meet him in person to pay and pick it up, and only here in town. However, he's opening an actual vaping store pretty soon, and getting his first "bulk" order in a few days as well, and now that paypal US is accepting ecig payments, he's planning to have the shop online shipping nationwide soon.

He told me he intends to have the best prices in the nation, and as far as I can tell he already does, without even having started going bulk yet. I'll make sure to let you guys know when he does get online. If someone's really desperate I could probably pick some stuff up for you and mail it, but I'd rather not deal with that unless someone reeeally needs heh.

Ridill
    BG Level

Oh, and he had me pop my drip tip on his ecig and try what he was vaping...

I was like "wow that's really... herby I guess?..."

It was pizza. As soon as he said that I could recognize the flavors in the aftertaste, green pepper, olives, a bit of garlic, kind of a peppery sausage flavor... It was really interesting. Definitely not something you'd smoke regularly, but an impressive little mix that could be pretty tasty on occasion.

Also asked him about his mary jane flavor, he went into a story about how he visited a relative with cancer that grows in his house and when he got there he thought there was a skunk. He said the juice has a very piney natural flavor like what you can smell with weed, but lacked the skunkiness.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just got my V2 in today and completely satisfied. Went ahead and ordered a "shorty" in black but these things are totally legit, throat hit and everything. Wave of the future.

Old Merits
    BG Level

In case you want to get into this e-cig business

Spoiler: show

E. Body
    BG Level

Damn, that site looks cool, but iono about buyin em online. Even the ones in the shop that sound good are quite disappointing most of the time.

And just seems so sketchy when everything is rated 5 stars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast