+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

Batteries are pretty run of the mill. Get variable voltage, period. Aside from that you just want durable ones that don't lose battery life quickly, that's all you should really pay attention to in the reviews. You don't need to worry about throat hit and stuff with a variable voltage, because you decide how much you want.

Everyone that uses ecigs should have a good passthrough. Here's my fave:
    http://www.litecigusa.net/Variable_V...iable-pass.htm

You also need to have a good usb adapter, make sure it can do at least 2.5 amps.

There are also batteries that work as passthroughs when plugged in. Good stuff as long as you get a durable one.

I can't find the tanks I use, but they're still not quite perfect anyway. If there's any you're looking at toss a link and I'll check em out.

As to cartomizers, just your basic cheapo Boge low resistance ones work great.

This is my juice, I vape it pretty much exclusively: http://www.litecigusa.net/product_p/dmint30ml.htm

It's kind of a natural tasting mint. I'm just hooked on it, no other mint does it for me, and I get sick of non-mint flavors pretty quick these days.

Getting close to 2 years not smoking regularly, and approaching a year without a single cigarette.

The advances in technology they've made in these things just in the couple years I've been into em are astounding.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I haven't had a cig since my earlier posts in this thread (coming up on 2 years this fall I think?). Have become quite the hobbyist vaper now. I have a VAMO and an itaste MVP which I freaking love. Order my juices from Mt. Baker Vapor, cheap as hell, and most of them are on point as far as flavor. I suggest hitting up the ECF forums and doing some research on everything. There's so much information and technology out now, it's quite overwhelming.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My god I love this V2. Gotta say with coffee an analog still wins

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Oh and just incase anyone would like suggestions on what to get if form factor is not an issue and you would like to skip the usual process of buying the cig sized ones, upgrading, and upgrading again... If I were to do it all over again this is what I would buy off the bat:

iTaste MVP - It's a box style variable voltage PV, but it can charge your cell phone etc, if needed, it's batt charge lasts almost 3 days.

Tanks/Clearos - MVP usually comes in a kit with 2 iclear 16's (these are the tanks you'll put your juice in) - I would order 2 extra of these. The wicks inside are replaceable as well, so I'd get 5-10 replacement heads.

Juice - I order all my ejuice from Mt. Baker Vapor - Cheapest I have found, still really good, and they same day ship. They also have a make your own flavor, and their bottle sizes go up to 236ml... (which is A LOT).

The juice is a whole nother world, I suggest buying 5-6 different flavors off the bat, and picking 18mg or 24mg of nicotine, especially if you are just quitting cigs.
    Juices I personally reccomend from Mt. Baker are:

Moo Juice - Strawberries and Cream
    Blue Moo - Blueberry and Cream
    Peach Rings - Just like the candy
    Root Beer - again like root beer candy.

That setup would get you going and keep you going for quite a while and you will not have wasted your money. The company that makes the itaste and the iclears (innokin) makes really good stuff. I've tried ALL KINDS of shit in the past two years, all diff types of tanks, cartos, clearos, juices... and this is hands down the setup I would give someone to do it up right.

Ridill
    BG Level

I've been eying an itaste for a month or so, though I didn't know what it was called at the time, just saw it at my shop and asked the guy a bit about it. Was planning to ask my parents to get me one for my birthday.

But, my latest passthrough shit the bed, and I use it so much I don't even have any good batteries, just some cheapo non-vv ego clones.

I'd only had that passthrough for like a week, and he replaces stuff for me that goes bad unreasonably fast, so instead of having him replace it I just had him put it towards the iTaste.

Also turns out those iClear 16's are actually the same ones I've been using. They're great, and if you burn one out too fast you can actually just pull the wick through til the burned part is clear of the atomizer.

Long story short grabbed an iTaste today and it's awesome, and the tanks that come with it are great, too.

Definitely with Day on recommending this one. Also 2600 mah is awesome, shit will last foreeeeever between charges. It wasn't that long ago that even getting 1000mah was rare and quite expensive. My titans I was real happy with were 900, and the ego clones I've had since are like 600 lol.

And, of course, at about $60 it's roughly the same as you'll pay for most "starter kits" with vastly inferior batteries and shit, and it comes with the plug and tanks and everything you'd expect from a starter kit.

You do need a USB charger with it, though. It just has the plug to hook into one.

Ridill
    BG Level

also the puff counter is amazing... and amazingly depressing at the same time lol

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I used to be a Marlboro Menthol Smooth 100s and Grizzly Longcut Wintergreen kinda guy. I dropped both and purchased a Joyetech Ego-C Twist 1000 mAH. Might be picking up a Provari mini in the near future.

Ridill
    BG Level

the itaste is the same thing as a provari with a bigger battery and smaller voltage range (3.3-5.0 instead of 2.9-6.0)... for about 1/3 the price

I'm suuuuper happy with this thing. It has battery lights that go green > yellow > red as it gets lower... I've gone 2 full days without putting it on the charger and I haven't seen it hit yellow yet

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Glad you like the itaste plow. I'm sure loving mine. I am positive those 18650 batteries in a provari don't last as long as this thing. They don't even come close in the Vamo.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Oh and just incase anyone would like suggestions on what to get if form factor is not an issue and you would like to skip the usual process of buying the cig sized ones, upgrading, and upgrading again... If I were to do it all over again this is what I would buy off the bat:

iTaste MVP - It's a box style variable voltage PV, but it can charge your cell phone etc, if needed, it's batt charge lasts almost 3 days.

Tanks/Clearos - MVP usually comes in a kit with 2 iclear 16's (these are the tanks you'll put your juice in) - I would order 2 extra of these. The wicks inside are replaceable as well, so I'd get 5-10 replacement heads.
    I got this one per your recommendation. Used to use the eGo twist. So am I supposed to replace just the wicks? or the whole thing in the middle like with the eGo? Do you buy your replacements online? Oddly the place I bought my iTaste doesn't sell replacements for it....

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

The top part with the wicks screws off the shaft thing, and you can buy the replacement heads online yeah. I'm still using my MVP everyday, thing is a beast still going strong.

Heres a link to the heads, you might want to shop around I'm not sure whats cheapest right now, I stocked up big time a while back.
    http://www.smoktek.com/Innokin-iClea...ead_p_566.html

I've also been using a clearo called the EVOD BCC. It's pretty good too, I go back and forth between the two. The iclear is top coil so the vapor is a little warmer.

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah I think I'd prefer a bottom wick if I could find one I really liked, but the ones I've tried so far have just been cheapos.

One thing about the iClears: whenever you start a new one, be it whole tank or just the head, you should use them on the lowest voltage setting for a day or so. For some reason doing that to "break em in" makes em last a lot longer without burning.

oh, and yeah I'm also still going pretty strong on my mvp, a few flaws but I'll still be using it for a long time, and when I replace it I'll either get the same thing or the next step up from the same company

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

You tried the kanger evod bcc yet Plow? It's really good. Almost replaced my iclears, but I still have both loaded up with different juices.

Same on the MVP, mines finally starting to hold a little less of a charge, and sometimes turns off on its own, but otherwise man that thing is awesome. Thinking about getting another one very soon.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Day I got a kanger pro tank 2, and it's the bees knees

I put a 1.8hz atomizer in it recently (up from a 2.2) and it hits awesome. I can have the entire thing spotless cleaned in about 3 min with two qutips a cotton ball and hot tap water.

Personally I'm in love with atomic fireball.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Didn't know you vaped bud! I'll check out the protank 2 for sure. Do they use the same heads as the BCC do you know?

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I want to get my girlfriend one of these. She smokes about a pack every two days or so and knows it gives me a headache when she smokes near me (I have a sensitive nose), plus it's making my apartment smell. She wants to quit but is having a tough time quitting. Her favorite brand of cigarette is Marlboro 127's. Any advice on vapor that has that flavor or even a heavy throat hit e-cig? What is a good starter kit for someone who has been smoking for years? I read the thread from the beginning but is the information still valid?

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Most info in the thread is still fairly valid.

I just saw a recent deal on Mt. Baker Vapor that would be killer for a starter kit. http://www.mtbakervapor.com/e-cig-st...r-starter-kit/ They have some pretty easy to find coupon codes too that will take that down a little lower.

Comes with one bottle of Juice, any flavor. I personally am not a fan of any of their tobacco flavors. I highly suggest "moo juice" (strawberries and cream) I buy it by the shampoo bottle size.

For throat hit, you want more PG (Propylene Glycol) than VG (Vegetable Glycerin) in the mix, as well as higher nicotine. I always suggest 24mg to those trying to kick the cigs, it really kills the craving like no other.

If you think she would be ok with a more "box" shaped mod, then my post several posts back about the MVP and iclears is also a good way to go. Most people start with cig sized, move up to Ego sized (the mt baker link), and then on to something like MVP, VAMO, Provari which is even bigger... it becomes a hobby. I try to help people save money and bypass the upgrade process, but I do also understand the need/want for a cigarette sized device.

If she really needs a cigarette shaped one, go with smokeless image/volt. Also they have a tobacco flavor I really like which is 555, kind of nutty tasting but good, it's what I quit cigs with. A lot of folks like RY4 too, it's kind of marshmallow or sweet tasting to me, although it's advertised as a tobacco flavor.

I also mainly quit for my fiancee for almost all the same reasons you mentioned. It's easy to quit with the support of your SO especially with Ecigs.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    You tried the kanger evod bcc yet Plow? It's really good. Almost replaced my iclears, but I still have both loaded up with different juices.

Same on the MVP, mines finally starting to hold a little less of a charge, and sometimes turns off on its own, but otherwise man that thing is awesome. Thinking about getting another one very soon.
    I'll probably get a new MVP in a few months and give my old one to a friend's dad that we've been trying to convince to quit smoking for a longass time. (he smokes those "little cigars" with filters and inhales them like cigarettes, really really bad shit)

I haven't tried the kanger but I'm thinking I'll either go grab one tomorrow or order one soon. (my shop has them but kinda overpriced) As much as I appreciate how much better the iClears have been than everything else I've tried, they still have tons of flaws and drive me completely nuts with them sometimes. Half of em leak into the tube through the wick, or just seem like they're clogged or some shit even when they're brand new. Not to mention the fact that the plastic is just glued to the metal at the bottom makes em pretty fragile.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Get a protank. It uses the same coil system as the evod, but it's all metal and glass, which makes it easy to clean, and you don't have to worry about certain juices cracking it like they do with plastic. Expensive, but it replaces a dozen cheap tanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast