+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I got a protank2 on sheps recommendation, fuckin mt baker didn't send it w my juice though, although they shipped another one no questions asked, i'm now out of town till thur, so can't use it yet. I'm stoked for it, because i'm assuming it's going to perform simlar to the evod since it uses same heads, but will hold much more and like kerb said don't have to worry about certain juices.

Ridill
    BG Level

That's the one he has at my shop. It's a bit more expensive than that link but I'll prob go grab one tomorrow. It has the nice case anyway.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I started vaping about a month ago after smoking for over 10 years. Totally not looking back either. I started on a blu for two weeks then spoke to a few friends. I ended up upgrading to a joyetech ego-c. This thing is amazing and I highly recommend it. I am currently using johnson creek smoke juice and prefer cherry and sweet flavors.

I did a lot of research leading up to the purchase. I am 100% pleased and if anyone has any questions about tank system I am more than happy to offer up info.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Got home and got my protank2 going, shit is sweet, thanks for the tip Shep. I had some 1.8ohm heads already, definitley needs those imo.

Ridill
    BG Level

so it's like... fruit punch with koolada?

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

It's hard to describe... kinda like a combination of berries and white Tic-tacs, but more smooth and less sweet.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

I keep almost buying that one and passing, I'll pick it up on next order. They sent me some razzleberry pie free sample that smells pretty good, bout to try that out.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Got home and got my protank2 going, shit is sweet, thanks for the tip Shep. I had some 1.8ohm heads already, definitley needs those imo.
    Stupid question since I don't understand the electronics side of this. What is the difference between the 1.8ohm and the 2.5 in layperson speak?

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Ohm's are a measure of resistance, the higher the ohms, the more resistance against the voltage/wattage you are pushing. They make these heads in varying resistance, because a lot of units are set voltage, so like 3.4v for example is fairly common. You can use a lower resistance (lower ohm rating) head to get a "hotter burn" with the same voltage, it is just sending more power to the coil/wick.

The ones that come with unit are like 2.5 ohms, so it takes a lot more power to get a lot of vapor production. Using 1.8 gets more vapor at lower volts/watts.
    The reverse of that is that some people like to push really high watts/volts for whatever reason and like to use a higher resistance coil.

Hope that makes sense.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Thank you, I'm pretty new to this and was just using the ones it came with and need to order more. Probably go with the 1.8, I see no reason not to with how you explained it. Using a ego c-twist 1000 mAh/Protank 2 setup

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Yeah try the 1.8 out, you may have to dial your twist down just a notch or two from whatever you have it set on now, but it's pretty easy to find the "sweet spot"

There's a chart around somewhere that shows like where that spot is by ohms vs volt, i'll see if I can find it.

Edit: here ya go http://imageshack.us/f/689/unled66.jpg/ you want to be in the green, red will burn your wick/pop your coil, yellow will be weak as fuck.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That chart is so helpful, thanks again!

I'm going to try the "hawk sauce" recommended above. Sounds good

Love this juice https://vapeland.org/product/white-rabbit/

Sic itur ad astra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

With the improvements in batteries and devices the past couple years, I'd say that chart is a bit off. I run between 10 and 12 watts all the time with no problems now. That chart was more for when lots of batteries were lower capacity and had poor C values, they just couldn't handle the loads that lower resistance put on them. Also, nichrome wire consistency is much better now. I haven't seen a wire burn out in years.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Can you guys post links to sites where you buy your juice from? I feel like I need to expand and try a few more flavors from various places for the experience. Thanks ahead of time!

Ridill
    BG Level

Place I started at:
    http://www.liberty-flights.com/products.asp

I stopped going there because they lost the supplier of my favorite juice (which I've never been able to find again), but sell some terrible shit that's clearly a failed attempt to imitate it under the same name. They delete any poor reviews on juices as well.

They had some really good shit tho, and good prices.

Have also ordered quite a bit from here:

http://www.hoosierecig.com/

Never had any problems with them, but got sick of the main juice I ordered there. They have legit Dekang juices there, which isn't the most amazing stuff but it's good and always consistent.

These days I just stick with wintergreen which is pretty simple so I get it from my local guy that doesn't do internet orders and shit. I get some bubblegum from him to occasionally mix with it, too.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

I've been on Mt. Baker Vapor for a while now. Pretty damn cheap, and they sell by 236ml. Fan of Moo Juice, Blue Moo, Peach Rings, Root Beer, and Banana (tastes like runts).

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

nvm i see.

Ridill
    BG Level

I got a protank. It's actually the 1 not the 2, but apparently the only difference is the inner pipe being removable on the 2.

Pretty satisfied with it so far, it's not giving me quite as thick vapor as I like, but I've only been using the 2.5 head that came with it. I have 1.8 and 2.2 replacements to try.

It's definitely clearly the best quality/best-made or however you want to put it... piece of vaping equipment I've owned.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Awesome, yeah I felt the same way about the 2.5 head, the 1.8 will prob give you that thicker vape you're looking for.

It's my birthday today! The wifey got me a new MVP. They have 2.0 version out now. The button is raised a little so it's easier to find in the dark. LED display is blue now. It's VW and VV, and you now have to hold a button for 3 sec to change volt or wattage, which is great, I used to change on accident all the time. It's pretty sweet!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast