+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

E-Cigarettes (liquid nicotine vaporizers)

So, as some of you may know, I've been smoking for way too long. I'm 29 and I've been smoking for about 16 years. I've tried a bunch of stuff to quit, and never had anything even remotely resembling success... I might cut back to like half a pack a day... for like 1 day. But that's basically it.

Anyway, a while back they started coming out with nicotine inhalers, and I remember hearing about them and wanting to try, but then hearing they had some pretty nasty potential side effects.

Then finally someone came out with something that's actually really like smoking in 2005. Basically, it's a battery that activates an atomizer, which heats up and vaporizes a liquid nicotine solution. It even has the same stuff they use in basic asthma inhalers and stuff to make it visible, so it even looks like smoke, you literally get every single sensation that you get from smoking. 6 years later pretty much nobody can find anything bad about them. I cannot find any credible information stating any major side effects, multiple credible sources say they're great. And, just logically, it's just nicotine, water, and the shit they use to make inhaler "fumes" visible. The only potential danger (aside from nicotine, obviously) is if you're using flavors with bad stuff in them.

Further, they're allowed in bars, airports, etc., because they're simply making steam, which dissipates pretty much instantly. So not only are they incredibly much healthier than smoking, they make it so you don't have to worry about where you can and can't smoke.

It's pretty amazing stuff, I'm wondering if anyone else has tried them out or anything, and of course just giving them some exposure, cuz man the could be one of the best things ever to happen for a lot of people. I know the fact that I smoke has been dominating my life choices for a long time, so this is just a huge deal if I can "get out of it" this easily. I started them like 4 days ago, and I've smoked less than a pack total since, where I'm usually about a 1.5 pack a day smoker.

Here's the ones I'm using: http://evovapor.com/

I got the premium setup that comes with 2 batteries, 6 cartridges (disposable but also very easily refillable) in menthol, and then today I went back and bought a couple bottles of the liquid to try different flavors. (Turkish i.e. camel and peach)

Anyway, wanted people to see how good these are now, and wondering if anyone else knows much about them, cuz I think I'm going to be very into "vaping" lol. It's pretty much like a pacifier for chain smokers.

Also, I made a video of myself showing off the best part:

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

plow that video is super creepy, you look like a dog with mange

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Best video ever.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

OMFG ROFL at that video.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Fucking lol

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

please tell me that's not plow. he looks 40 not 29...guess that's a sign to definitely not smoke.

Ridill
    BG Level

lol no, it's not (there's a picture of me in the rl pics thread), just had to fit that in there somehow

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

oh thank god, israel can't be supported by ugly people

I am hope.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I use one like mad. I use a Riva 510 with a manual battery and the drip method. Its not as satisfying as a real one to me, but it works and I only have a cigaret every few days. I know there are a few other people here that use one, was a thread in Tech about it last yearish I think.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

._. why is his lips black?

Sic itur ad astra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

You paid too much for a under-par PV (personal vaporizer). Those batteries are only 250 mAh, so they only last an hour or so of heavy vaping. Also, with the smaller batteries you can't use lower resistance atomizers/cartomizers. Using low resistance (2 ohm or lower) with a 3.7V battery produces a ton of vapor and throat hit (feels like you're smoking a real cig).

Having said that, you still did much better starting off than I did. My first e-cig cost me over $100 and was alot worse than the EVO. Luckily after a couple months with that POS, I found e-cigarette-forum and learned a ton more about better products. There's almost too much info there, so it can be a bit overwhelming at first, but you can find out about all different e-cigs and nicotine juices.

For a nice starting kit I usually recommend the Riva 510 special edition at Libery Flights. If you use the code ECF at check out you get 20% off, so it costs about $35 plus shipping. It comes with two 750 mAh batteries, so they'll last about 3x longer than your current ones.

I've been off cigarettes for about 7 months now. I manage a bar, so I'm surrounded by smokers all the time, but once I started using a good e-cig it hasn't been a problem at all. The only annoyance is having to answer questions about it all the time and drunk people wanting to try it.

Plow, if you PM me your address I can also send you a bunch of e-liquid samples. I tried a ton of different ones until I finally found a flavor I really liked.

Ridill
    BG Level

Well that kind of sucks, but I guess I'm not that surprised. I really just wanted to get started on em asap and found what looked like the best deal. It was $58 for 2 batteries, usb + wall charger, and 6 cartomizers. I've been looking around a bunch though, and all the youtube videos and stuff seem to have way more vapor more easily.

I suppose in a couple weeks I'll have a bunch more money from not buying cigarettes lol, so I'll look for something a bit more serious then.

This same company carries a 900mah battery, should I give that a go? I kind of like the fact that it's a local company (I live just outside Wichita), but I'm definitely thinking I'd like to try something that was a bit more, well, smoky.

I do feel dumb thought because I was satisfied enough that I went and spent another 25 on a carrying case/portable charger thingy.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They also work great when light discipline matters, I.E. your raiding a village and you don't have any dip. They don't give off the same heat signature as a real smoke

Ridill
    BG Level

And just for the people that were freaking out...

Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    It's been brought to my attention that the only picture I've posted on BG is from like 5 miles away, so hurrr:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...lalaila/me.jpg

that was a while ago, my hair is long now for the first time since I was like 19

Ridill
    BG Level

That's nice.

Ridill
    BG Level

In seriousness though, believe it or not I actually enjoy smoking. The only reason I want to quit is the health issues, it's hard to have willpower when you have no will to do something. This gives me what I enjoy without the whole flaming stick of slow painful death aspect.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I prefer strong tobacco like Camels or Marlboros or Export A (green death). I've bummed super light smokes off people before and the lack of harshness (and flavour) makes it feel like I'm smoking nothing and it's totally unsatisfying as a result. Will I have the same complaint about this stuff?

Is anyone here in over seas, and could you send me luckystikes? if it's against the form rules my bad.

but to on topic beyond health reason what would the cost per month be on this type of thing?

Ridill
    BG Level

You absolutely will not have the flavor complaint if you get even a halfway decent disposable one. There is no issue with quantity of flavor, you're breathing a straight up flavored vapor.

As for the harshness, the term for that in vaping seems to be "throat hit." The disposable one I tried first had it ok at best. This decent one I bought, I thought at first might be almost too much, but after 2 days I'm wishing there was a little bit more. That's the main thing Mell was getting at about the higher powered batteries and lower resistance atomizers I think, as obviously the more intensity there is to the vapor, the more throat hit you're going to get. I'm doing a little research and going to call the guy up to see if there's any way to get a bit more of that out of mine (like I said he's here in town), and if it comes down to it I'll be investing in a more powerful one.

Worst case I'll have this one around as a travel, as it's certainly sufficient and if I were trying to quit completely rather than switch to e-cigs, I think I'd definitely go with this one.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-o-fire View Post
    Is anyone here in over seas, and could you send me luckystikes? if it's against the form rules my bad.

but to on topic beyond health reason what would the cost per month be on this type of thing?
    Cost is way, waaaaaaaay lower. It's hard to give a per-month comparison because of how much it varies per person, but what's sold as theoretically equivalent to a carton is like 10-20 bucks, and you can mix and make your own juices and stuff for even cheaper.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast