+ Reply to Thread
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations

BG Level

Windows 7 activation probs

So I was told by a bunch to grab Windows 7 a while back, so I did (even though I don't like it lol).

I pirated it ofc and activated it with a crack, which worked until last week where I suddenly became non genuine again. (nobody told me I had to do manual updates rather than auto ones).

So, after it's already been caught as false, will I be able to use another activator again without reinstalling?

I downloaded one called windows loader and it says

"Status: Modified - Uninstall other cracks"

If I don't even remember what cracks I used etc., how can I achieve this?

In b4 moralfags

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

You didn't use Daz Loader.

Also uninstall and start again fresh. Make sure the torrent you downloaded was the genuine hash/untouched.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations

BG Level

Daz loader was actually the first thing I tried and it didn't work. I had to use something else.

Also, I'm trying to avoid reinstalling because I don't have access to my external drive any longer and don't want to lose all my shit.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I have a genuine copy of 7 and i have the same problem. I've tried entering the codes from my box and still no dice, also the windows site is useless. do i really have to reinstall this crappy OS?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by RuQuS View Post
    I have a genuine copy of 7 and i have the same problem. I've tried entering the codes from my box and still no dice, also the windows site is useless. do i really have to reinstall this crappy OS?
    If you have a genuine copy, you should be able to call MS and have them give you an activation code. Unless you don't actually have a genuine copy - not saying you deliberately pirated it, but counterfeit software does exist.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I bought it from New Egg when i built my new system, so I hope it's a genuine copy. I'll have to call MS to find out what's going on with it. Thanks

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

called MS and it was fixed after about 45 minutes on non-sense from opperators i could barely understand. Problem solved at least!

{Refresh} {Cat}
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

What I have to do (I have my key installed on 4 different computers) is I just click the balloon saying "Windows can't activate" it gives me a phone number to call, I read letters and numbers to the robot, and it gives me back a different combination of letters and numbers. It asks me how many computers are installed with the key, but I always say just 1. Apparently Microsoft isn't smart enough to tell if more than 1 computer is currently using the key... It doesn't deactivate my other installs.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Easier and less of a headache to just pirate it, even if you legitimately own a key.