+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1586
  1. #681
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,601
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Default

    I haven't seen anyone with much more than ~500ish so it's still a pretty nice chunk. It's huge if you're a mage sitting in the 200~250 range.

  2. #682
    Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,363
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooshywooshy View Post
    lvl 101, I dont think my pawn will be used online again for a good while. :'(
    I'm level 63 and it would cost me 2M RC to use your pawn...

  3. #683
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,426
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kadaj View Post
    Did Aria perform well for you Myrrh? I think I jabbed the "Come" button too frequently she's been hanging back a bit, gotta change that.
    Ya, everytime I fight she seems to run away and gather stuff. Kind of annoying lol

    How exactly does raising affinity with NPCs work? I haven't bothered to try it yet. What kind of items are useable? I'm more of an explorer in these kinds of games.

  4. #684
    Gimme back my sandals Jen!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,613
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Default

    She's startin to piss me off now. Every fight she's hangin back or wandering back and forth like she can't decide to attack or stay and protect me. What's the best method of getting her back into the fray and change her inclinations?

  5. #685
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    10,244
    BG Level
    9

    Default

    Hm. looks like im still missing quite a bit of quests.
    • Thick as Thieves
    • Supply and Demands
    • The Dragon's Tongue
    • Talent in Bloom
    • Nameless Terror
    • Supplier's Demand
    • A Parting Gift
    • Duchess In Distress
    • Dying of Curiosity
    • Farewell, Valmiro
    • Search Party
    • Mettle Against Metal

    though it looks like I've already missed all the other Quina stuff
    and no clue where to start all the others aside from Nameless Terrors. Started that one, but no idea how to finish it aside from wandering all over the map at night.

  6. #686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kadaj View Post
    She's startin to piss me off now. Every fight she's hangin back or wandering back and forth like she can't decide to attack or stay and protect me. What's the best method of getting her back into the fray and change her inclinations?
    Go to the Encampment, talk to the NPC shop there and buy a potion that changes her 'behavior'. I forget which one it is exactly, but reading the descriptions should help. I believe my pawn (if Mots still has her maybe he can check) has a Primary behavior of either Scather or Pioneer, and no Secondary.

  7. #687
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    951
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Default

    Yeah, your Primary is Pioneer. No secondary.

  8. #688
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,734
    BG Level
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Hm. looks like im still missing quite a bit of quests.
    • Thick as Thieves
    • Talent in Bloom
    • Supplier's Demand
    • A Parting Gift
    • Mettle Against Metal

    though it looks like I've already missed all the other Quina stuff
    and no clue where to start all the others aside from Nameless Terrors. Started that one, but no idea how to finish it aside from wandering all over the map at night.
    A Parting Gift and Talent in Bloom are both Quina quests I believe. They should be available anytime after you get access to the Duke's castle if you go the Abbey. Mettle Against Metal requires you to complete Witch Hunt so that you can access that southeastern part of Witchwood, which is where that quest is. Supplier's Demand is the idol quest for Madeline. I'm not positive, but I seem to remember getting Thick as Thieves in my first playthrough, but I didn't finish it. If I remember correctly, that quest starts at the women's bandit fort south of Greatwall. The others that I cut out of your quote I also have no idea about.

  9. #689
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    951
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Default

    OMG I nearly lost Honor Black. You know that Cyclops in Soulflayer canyon? Well she jumped up on the cyclops leg and was wailing on it. It staggered too the right and fell off the cliff. And JUST as it was falling Honor Black managed to jump off and land back on safe ground. Fucking insane man.

  10. #690
    Gimme back my sandals Jen!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,613
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Default

    Okay fed her some potions from the thing for scather primary guardian secondary.. probably need to change that secondary via the chair. Any recommendations?

  11. #691
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    10,244
    BG Level
    9

    Default

    The Dragon's Tongue and Mettle against metal are both in the Witchwood.
    Dragon's tongue starts by picking up a slab on the tomb. Mettle starts by finding the right Golem.
    Don't try to fight the golem at night lol it's a huge pain in the ass.
    He's a golem with his weak points scattered all around the area and he's always berserk. and most of the surrounding area is in water, so goodbye lantern. Also; After you start the fight, if you get too close to the other inactive golems, they start to attack.

  12. #692
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    10,244
    BG Level
    9

    Default

    Great... his last weak point is high up in the air and my mystic knight ranged magic dmg is doing almost nothing to it, and the mage is focusing all her attention on the golem itself.

    oops. meant to edit, not quote.

  13. #693
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,734
    BG Level
    7

    Default

    The slab on the tomb for Dragon's Tongue, is that the big stone next to Selene at the end of Witch Hunt?

  14. #694
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    10,244
    BG Level
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    The slab on the tomb for Dragon's Tongue, is that the big stone next to Selene at the end of Witch Hunt?
    I guess. I don't remember seeing it there as something that could be picked up when I finished witch hunt. I just came back and came to the tomb and some new guy was sitting there and the slab was right in front of the tombstone.

    I am seriously getting pissed off at this. the thing has 1 more weak point left and I am really starting to think I wont beable to finish it before I have to leave for work... an hour from now...

  15. #695
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,019
    BG Level
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kadaj View Post
    Okay fed her some potions from the thing for scather primary guardian secondary.. probably need to change that secondary via the chair. Any recommendations?
    if guardian is the one that protects your character, it kindda sucks because that just means they draw aggro close to you. nexus can be cool, utilitarian uses buffs, challenger is an option i guess?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    I am still on the fence about picking this up. Part of me really wants to but the lack of multiplayer is really disappointing to me. The other part of me realizes I have too many games to play as it is. Argh.
    multiplayer aint really a big deal anymore tbh, AI is fine enough

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Hm. looks like im still missing quite a bit of quests.
    • Thick as Thieves
    • Supply and Demands
    • The Dragon's Tongue
    • Talent in Bloom
    • Nameless Terror
    • Supplier's Demand
    • A Parting Gift
    • Duchess In Distress
    • Dying of Curiosity
    • Farewell, Valmiro
    • Search Party
    • Mettle Against Metal

    though it looks like I've already missed all the other Quina stuff
    and no clue where to start all the others aside from Nameless Terrors. Started that one, but no idea how to finish it aside from wandering all over the map at night.
    nameless terror has 5 ambushes:
    one above the bridge north of gran sorsomething
    one near the ancient quary
    one near the harpies that flock that one cage over a fire off the cliff. you know, those mountains you escort the hydra head
    one on the path between those mountains and the encampment
    you should get a prompt to find your assassin, dude is a warrior chillin outside the first town

    oh, and you know it's the right ambush when they announce their cool nicknames and stuff

  16. #696

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,675
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Default

    I thought the AI was okay until this morning before I left for work. Found this Cyclops and both of my pawns just kinda stood there while I fought it.

    Luckily my lightning magic stopped it in its tracks and stunned it 100% of the time. Took a while but I just kept blasting it over and over and solo'd it with basically no effort.

  17. #697
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,019
    BG Level
    7

    Default

    mybad, pressed quote by accident


    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    I thought the AI was okay until this morning before I left for work. Found this Cyclops and both of my pawns just kinda stood there while I fought it.

    Luckily my lightning magic stopped it in its tracks and stunned it 100% of the time. Took a while but I just kept blasting it over and over and solo'd it with basically no effort.
    probably because of inclinations man, my pawns usually aim spells better than i can

  18. #698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mots View Post
    OMG I nearly lost Honor Black. You know that Cyclops in Soulflayer canyon? Well she jumped up on the cyclops leg and was wailing on it. It staggered too the right and fell off the cliff. And JUST as it was falling Honor Black managed to jump off and land back on safe ground. Fucking insane man.
    That's my girl! Damn, isn't she ridiculously underleveled for you? I looked up your pawn last night and saw that it was something like $10k for me to use =( Actually, you keep your level at NG+ right? You keep everything, and only quests are wiped clean yes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    I guess. I don't remember seeing it there as something that could be picked up when I finished witch hunt. I just came back and came to the tomb and some new guy was sitting there and the slab was right in front of the tombstone.

    I am seriously getting pissed off at this. the thing has 1 more weak point left and I am really starting to think I wont beable to finish it before I have to leave for work... an hour from now...
    I was wondering how to start that quest. I saw them down there during Witchhunt (and to answer Viq, yeah, that huge 15 weight slab on the tombstone. It wasn't there for me either, until I came back later) and again when I got the slab. None of them 'woke up' though. I have one more normal Golem to kill for a quest and 3 Metal Golems. Sounds like I may wait on this annoying sounding shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kais View Post
    nameless terror has 5 ambushes:
    one above the bridge north of gran sorsomething
    one near the ancient quary
    one near the harpies that flock that one cage over a fire off the cliff. you know, those mountains you escort the hydra head
    one on the path between those mountains and the encampment
    you should get a prompt to find your assassin, dude is a warrior chillin outside the first town
    You will know you are being ambushed and they aren't normal bandits because they have creepy voices and distinct names. I especially loved getting ambushed by "Rouge" XD

  19. #699
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    10,244
    BG Level
    9

    Default

    Ended up just turning off my game.
    This mother fucker right here.









    coming back later as an archer to just fuck shit up.

  20. #700
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    951
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Default

    So how often do you guys fight the Ur-Dragon? I need to start fighting him but I had horrible experiences the last time I did it. And I have no idea how the reward system works for him.

Similar Threads

  1. Devil's Third (PS3, 360)
    By BRP in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 2014-03-27, 07:26
  2. Dragon Ball Sparking Omega (PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2012-05-21, 22:01
  3. Goldeneye[Wii] / Goldeneye: Reloaded[PS3,360]
    By kuronosan in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 2011-11-28, 15:46
  4. Megaman Universe (PS3/360)
    By Meian in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 2011-03-31, 22:24
  5. SF4 PS3/360 $20 New!
    By Shojin in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2009-07-30, 05:44