View Poll Results: How generally interested is BG?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im in.

30 25.86%
  • Eh.

50 43.10%
  • No.

36 31.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: WildStar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    NDA was lifted
    orly

well the things I liked from beta...

catgirl option for aurin race
    boob physics
    customizability for house
    cheap house
    customizable mount
    1vs1 mob fights in the 30's was challenging, actually required you to dodge and stuff
    catgirls
    many area's

things I found I didn't like enough to not like them

questing path often got confusing in the 20+ ranges, you'd have 1 path go "over there" and another path go "over there", no idea which is the main quests or side quests... by time you figure it out and go back, its sort of pain to do them >.>

mobs marked hard in the higher levels, are actually ass raping hard as fuck. Entire area of "hard mobs" rank (several levels below me) were pretty much raping me and anyone else that tried. See so many dying, thank god stalker can stealth through the mass orgy of mobs.

only the weapon seemed most "effective", armor seemed near pointless as stuff ass raped you either way if you got hit. Although running around as a topless catgirl was awesome

Also, many bugs, hopefully they fix, I reported a few that made me fall through the world >.>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    Except that sort of questing is what a lot of people complain about with WoW and FFXIV these days. Quests that are effectively pointless and can be done mindlessly are also disliked. You can't win, basically.
    Back in FFXI you leveled off grinding mobs to do endgame stuff/main story. I'm used to either having no quests or quests with a book of text. Like you said you can't win. SWTOR had full voice acting so quests started off cool and interesting. But then progressed into "We are sith, we hate that guy, go kill him" so after a while I stopped listening to them and just read it. FFXI had no quests to level up and I was perfectly fine with that. I think I perfer too much text over no text though. During the beta I didn't read any quests simply because I wanted to save myself. Zones where pretty, combat was fun, models were great and loved the graphics which is enough for me to buy day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    Back in FFXI you leveled off grinding mobs to do endgame stuff/main story. I'm used to either having no quests or quests with a book of text. Like you said you can't win. SWTOR had full voice acting so quests started off cool and interesting. But then progressed into "We are sith, we hate that guy, go kill him" so after a while I stopped listening to them and just read it. FFXI had no quests to level up and I was perfectly fine with that. I think I perfer too much text over no text though. During the beta I didn't read any quests simply because I wanted to save myself. Zones where pretty, combat was fun, models were great and loved the graphics which is enough for me to buy day 1.
    Worst part about SWTOR was if you wanted to level a 2nd character. Holy fuck that was the worst. 1/10 quests was new. But everything else was 100% the same. Fuuuu. I think I'm just over mmos. :/

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Wrong thread! >_<

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I know I praised this game in the other thread, and I still stand by what I said. It's a good quality game and I personally think it's worth the sub fee. I will buy it when I have spare cash but as far as priorities go. It's not the top of my "must spend money on list". FFXI is starting to pick up the pace and I'm a little more excited for ESO just because I have a group of friends to play it with.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Worst part about SWTOR was if you wanted to level a 2nd character. Holy fuck that was the worst. 1/10 quests was new. But everything else was 100% the same. Fuuuu. I think I'm just over mmos. :/
    Sounds about like most every MMO when you start a 2nd character >.>

Makes it so much easier to lvl a 2nd character at least knowing where everything is and how to level. At least in wildstar, if and when i play it again, I'll know what to avoid... as mentioned there are some somewhat hardcore area's O_o (maybe they adjusted it to not be so ass rape).

As mentioned armor didn't make much a difference, the "stances" are more noticeable reduction in damage.

Honestly for the $15/month I just went back to WoW for the time being. The updated graphics are enough to refresh the game for me as the character models were honestly bugging the shit out of me before I left. PvP is still a joke, but it's a joke in every game that has implemented it in past years that I have tried...so w/e it's still kind of "fun". Also lets me log in to do LFR/Flex/random shit each day while juggling my schedule and keeps me from dropping $$ on other forms of entertainment that don't hold my attention.

Sick of the treadmill as of late with purchasing an MMO, playing for a few months, ditching said MMO because there was nothing left after leveling through the laughable easy content.

Also lack of games on the horizon that interest me for PC/Console kind of made the decision easier. I completed most of my backlog.

As for what I have seen on Wildstar, the characters kind of irk me a little, maybe i'm just not used to the style as I am with other games that I have gotten into or dabbled in (GW, WoW, TERA). At least they arn't as off putting as ESO's models that just make me want to carve my eyes out.

Combat looks kind of like TERA but since I havn't tested it out, I can't say how it feels so curious about that. Melee combat in TERA was the best part of the entire game for me (other then skimpy castanics)

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Combat looks kind of like TERA but since I havn't tested it out, I can't say how it feels so curious about that. Melee combat in TERA was the best part of the entire game for me (other then skimpy castanics)
    Its like tera, but with... "telegraphs" to show you where to go to dodge stuff easier. Other then that I think their nearly identical. (having played both).

only thing that would set them apart, is... (not sure if its just me) but my mouse would turn the screen at insane speeds, like just a tap to the right would turn me almsot 180degree's. There was no findable "mouse sensitivity" options i could find, took awhile to get used to the insane turn speed. About the only gripe I had with wildstar

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    I know I praised this game in the other thread, and I still stand by what I said. It's a good quality game and I personally think it's worth the sub fee. I will buy it when I have spare cash but as far as priorities go. It's not the top of my "must spend money on list". FFXI is starting to pick up the pace and I'm a little more excited for ESO just because I have a group of friends to play it with.
    a $15 sub fee is nothing. That's the cost of a movie. with the UI the way it is i don't think its worth my time lol

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm guessing the new UI will go into effect for the first preorder beta weekend (march 21).

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Hopefully it fixes more than just the skill bar and stuff, right now the map and... well, every menu honestly, is absolutely dreadful. The new UI preview looked much better, but I'm worried things like the map will still be horrible. Also kinda curious just how far addons can take it, seen improved nameplates/healthbar addons on some streams already, so maybe even if they don't fix the UI entirely then addons will be able to. Though I fear addons will wind up playing the game for you much like WoW ended up, but at least they have some benefits.

Saw this on /vg/ in reference to Wildstar and had to laugh

Its like tera, but with... "telegraphs" to show you where to go to dodge stuff easier. Other then that I think their nearly identical. (having played both).
    So it's TERA with hand holding?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I don't feel like the game felt anything like TERA personally, more like WoW or maybe GW2 with a bigger emphasis on AoEs. There's minimal single target skills so most of the time you don't even need to worry about tabbing around to target specific enemies.

It plays nothing like TERA, and I know many think having telegraphs is regarded as hand holding, the way they are used trust me when I say its not. The game has a pretty high difficulty level.

I am still on the fence on if I am going to play though.

I'm definitely interested enough to drop the initial buy-in price to play for at least a month. Group combat is an absolute blast, and it's definitely the most fun I've ever had playing an MMO. Unlike TERA, the game actually asks you to use it's combat system for nearly every fight. As in, you aren't really just holding down M1 and plowing through everything except for boss mobs. I'm also really excited to see how Warplots play out. The idea of creating your own little PvP base and having to defend it against other guilds sounds really exciting.

We'll see if it can hold my sub, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    I'm definitely interested enough to drop the initial buy-in price to play for at least a month. Group combat is an absolute blast, and it's definitely the most fun I've ever had playing an MMO. Unlike TERA, the game actually asks you to use it's combat system for nearly every fight. As in, you aren't really just holding down M1 and plowing through everything except for boss mobs. I'm also really excited to see how Warplots play out. The idea of creating your own little PvP base and having to defend it against other guilds sounds really exciting.

We'll see if it can hold my sub, though.
    I agree with all of this, but I just cannot get past the design choices, and art style. Even after playing a while, everything feel so generic in terms of looks. The flat textures and colours are killing me (and my eyes). There has not been on thing that made me go, "oh wow that looks so cool".

I do love the combat, and group synergy is amazing. I am like 36, have not made it to end game but even now, dungeons and instances are tuned pretty hard.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's closer to "if WoW was converted to action combat", than Tera.

The telegraphs are a mix of hand holding + laziness IMO. "Indicator" is really a better word, but they are trying to fancy their terminology up, like with "elder game" instead of endgame. You attack with your sword and your sword swings, but also lights up its strike zone. You shoot your fireball and it travels with a displayed path for the overall area. The individual animations are on the weaker WoW side/style, but a big patch just updated a bunch that I haven't checked out yet. I'd prefer no indicators, but casuals/non mensa's/less graphically intense/etc.

For me its either Wildstar or nothing until the 2015/2016 batch of epic scale mmos. ESO is bust, Tera has no one to design content, no other 2014 prospects.

Shame Tera wasn't handed off to Carbine, with Lineage 3 changing gears to be fully Unreal Engine 4, instead of being stolen. That's the pvpve themepark I'd want.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Didn't feel like wow where you are "locked on" to what your aiming at.

You aim a direction, you use a skill, your skill goes that direction, if you miss, you will miss. (very much noticeable in PVP, especially that laggy pvp when I played during stress test, it was hard as hell to aim at people jumping everywhere while they were shooting the area down)

I think that was one the most annoying things in tera PVP actually, was warriors moves were like jumps teleporting all over the place... in wildstar, unlike tera, you can use abilities WHILE you jump, to add to the extra annoying (and do moves to move you mid jump besides double jump)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxtdtwQrEfA

random stalker video, reminds me of what I was doing.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

First line edited. Does it make more sense now?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Now that the NDA has been lifted here are some videos of the 20 man raid.