View Poll Results: How generally interested is BG?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im in.

30 25.86%
  • Eh.

50 43.10%
  • No.

36 31.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: WildStar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Just got popped for 3 month subscription because I forgot to cancel. ~_~

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Eh, considering even basic mobs out in the world can completely fuck you up if you don't move out of telegraphs fast enough it could be an issue.
    BOY, can you get your shit rolled. lmao

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Just got popped for 3 month subscription because I forgot to cancel. ~_~
    There was a bug causing people to get charged 4-5 times, consider yourself lucky lol. I have 5 months paid off with CREDD atm, feelsgood.jpg

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Rolled on Rowsdower. Mechari Warrior

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Does anyone per chance have a buddy pass left? Wanting to see if this is worth a purchase.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Used to be all over this game. Too many bugs and bad design choices are ruining the game =/ no longer playing despite having 8 months worth of CREDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    Used to be all over this game. Too many bugs and bad design choices are ruining the game =/ no longer playing despite having 8 months worth of CREDD.
    Do tell? I have not heard a peep about this game after the initial "OMG EVERYONE NEEDS TO PLAY THIS" so was unsure if that was a good "it's so good we can't even stop to talk about how great end game is" or a bad "end game is such shit we all quit" type deal lol

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Do tell? I have not heard a peep about this game after the initial "OMG EVERYONE NEEDS TO PLAY THIS" so was unsure if that was a good "it's so good we can't even stop to talk about how great end game is" or a bad "end game is such shit we all quit" type deal lol
    It's the endgame is such shit we all quit type deal. I got to cap, did a few endgame things and said fuck it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Which is funny that they were selling the end game pretty hard.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Simple bugs like if the tank was on s slight hill, I'm talking dirt pile small, my heals will not hit him cause he was LoS'ed. Abilities getting randomly locked and unable to use them. PvP imbalance, PvP gear has has "PvP defense and PvP offense" alongside normal stats. This leads to literally being 2 shotted when out and about in the world. I'm no stranger to pvp but it's ridiculous that I don't even have a chance to fight back. Kicked to the ground > dead long before I get up. People also pay to get their ratings boosted up so getting 2 shotted happens pretty often.

One of the biggest slaps in the face was the adventure/reward system. If you did everything perfect you would get a gold medal (something like make sure all the npcs at 90% or above, don't let them get attacked or other random shit) and with the gold medal you were guaranteed a epic (purple) item. This lead to the "Gold or bust" mentality. To get rid of that they changed it to if you get a gold medal you have 4 chances, silver =3, bronze =2, no medal = 1 (my experience was a very low chance). So runs went from getting 1 purp a run to getting 4 shit items. Literally did like 10 runs and didn't see anything. While "rare" should be rare, in this case if you didn't rush to 50 you got fucked. Why punish people who took their time? Now they are just further behind.

Probably my biggest gripe was server crashes. Dungeons can take 30 mins to an hour to complete. I can't count the number of times I was in a run for 45 mins ON THE LAST BOSS to have the server crash and boot everyone out of their instances. Also general server lag was annoying. Sometimes I can avoid aoe by running normal, sometimes I would need to spring, sometimes it didn't even matter.

I leveled an alt tank and gotta say it was the most annoying shit in the world. Mobs move very weird and they constantly try to get behind you if you're too close. But if you try to stay at a distance they are too far. Quests are generally more boring than usual. Zones are too crowded with mobs imo it's hard to run through anything without aggroing tons of shit. Not really the games fault but I found a lot of people who play are dumb as shit who think they are better than they are.

Before the game came out I wanted it pushed out so bad so I could play it. After playing it in it's current state I wish it was pushed back at least 3 months. Game also really needs to be optimized, 4670k/680 and I can get below 30.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Wow, they actually slapped another RNG gear/reward mechanic on top of the numerous RNG mechanics already in game, and still haven't fixed a lot of the little things that get in the way of enjoying the game. They also kept PvP bonuses, in open world content, and haven't stabilized servers......

I keep hearing good things, from people that have static groups, so they can enjoy the experience with good friends, but it seems if you go solo, then you're SOL. I'm sure it will have it's core players, and be around a long while, but it looks like another great MMO property was squandered opportunity.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

PUGing stuff isn't a big issue, I could pug any adventure and get gold fairly easy I honestly don't know why people complained about before. I really really wanted to like it, and I did, but all the shit took its toll and here we are. I feel like the devs are listening, but they are listening to the loudest part of the community which aren't necessarily the ones they should be listening to. It's insane people are defending the loot changes on reddit. The system either shouldn't have been in the game since the begining or changed differently. Why can't gold be 100% then everything else be a chance? Reading reddit I've also seen a lot of "The game feels empty!" now so =/

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I think the combat system is where MMOs need to start going towards. But someone desperately needs to reinvent the leveling/endgame system. That's what killed it for me. Overall, I think the genre just isn't for me anymore though. I can't be bothered with strict raid times or that type of crap.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Combat definitely was funner. But I agree, can only take so many kill x amount of y. I kinda like swotr with story line quests and choices. I think mmos need to be bigger. More zones and depending what faction/race/maybe even class changes so it stays fresh.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    Combat definitely was funner. But I agree, can only take so many kill x amount of y. I kinda like swotr with story line quests and choices. I think mmos need to be bigger. More zones and depending what faction/race/maybe even class changes so it stays fresh.
    I think a good route to go down would be smaller but more zones. The first couple zones in Wildstar were nice and then when I hit 30 or whatever and got to the ice zone and looked at the HUGE FUCKING MAP, I was just demoralized. I think a good zone size is Westfall or Duskwood. Mabye a liiitttle bit bigger. Mabye I'm a minority though and the majority of MMOers love huge as fuck zones that take forever to skateboard around in.

I guess in the vein of "What MMOs need to do..." I'm one of those people who don't care so much about a zone's size as it is what's done within it. Bigger zones may lend to the illusion of less crowding, but if you have quests pushing people to the same spots, it's inevitable. For the games that have channels, you have a bit of a compromise in being able to jump to a lesser crowded instance, but at the same time, you have those who gripe about losing immersion or the fact that pretty much up and kills open world PvP. Not that the latter has ever really been all that fair and little more than gank fests throughout the history of MMOs.

What players do to pass the time, however, I don't think is going to objectively change much. You can give such things a fresh coat of paint, sure, and tweak expected grind around that, yeah, but people hoping for fetch quests or mob slaughter to go away are never going to get their wish. Was actually rambling a bit earlier in the XI section about controls, ability bloat, and even how the trinity is kind of shaky in conceptual finesse, too. GW2 tried to abolish the trinity, last I'd played, at least, but I don't think they did much of a good job of their alternative. How things are tanked tends to reflect how healing is handled, where heavy mob scripting tends to make both easier when you can memorize the dance and know what's coming. When putting myself in a mob's shoes thinking how I might attack a party, how gameplay pans out for us reflects some logical disconnect. Perhaps I'm just being too ambitious, but I'd like to see "tanking" become more about disabling foes while more hardy individuals are forced to keep themselves between the mob and their allies instead of relying solely on things like enmity tables. In giving mobs, I guess, personalities... encounters could potentially become more robust and dynamic depending on how you come to tackle them, especially if longer fights result in them "learning" how we act and actually resulting in feints or other tricks to keep us on our toes. From there, things like rage timers/DPS checks probably shouldn't exist since an appropriately adaptive mob could devise counters from a pool of themely abilities.

But I dream. :/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kelenae View Post
    Which is funny that they were selling the end game pretty hard.
    Endgame is old WoW style with even bigger gates on content. I would be interested in it like 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Endgame is old WoW style with even bigger gates on content. I would be interested in it like 10 years ago.
    This, everyone was all nostalgic about about Vanilla and TBC and their serious gating and thought it was gonna be awesome to play stuff like that again. Turns out it was just nostalgia talking and that kinda shit just doesn't fly anymore. You shouldn't have to jump threw hoops just to be able to step in the raid, especially when the rewards for doing the contest aren't that great anyway. Also 40 man raids in a game that's terribly optimized was the worst fucking idea ever. The biggest gate to raiding the hardest content in this game on top of all the other bullshit it finding 40 people with a rig monstrous enough to handle 40 people surrounding them.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    I think a good zone size is Westfall or Duskwood.
    Duskwood still stands as the best MMO zone I've ever encountered. They really nailed it with the atmosphere and the storyline of the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    In giving mobs, I guess, personalities... encounters could potentially become more robust and dynamic depending on how you come to tackle them, especially if longer fights result in them "learning" how we act and actually resulting in feints or other tricks to keep us on our toes. From there, things like rage timers/DPS checks probably shouldn't exist since an appropriately adaptive mob could devise counters from a pool of themely abilities.
    But I dream. :/
    In reality, players don't want smart AI, they want an AI that is fun to beat. Here's a blog article about this exact issue and what happened when a Smart AI was created, instead of a fun AI. I'm not saying Wildstar does or doesn't do this; just a comment on AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Bweigelt View Post
    This, everyone was all nostalgic about about Vanilla and TBC and their serious gating and thought it was gonna be awesome to play stuff like that again. Turns out it was just nostalgia talking and that kinda shit just doesn't fly anymore.
    I almost couldn't believe it when Carbine was saying that stuff in the dev conferences and Twitch TV feeds. I still tried it, and saw all of the other problems the game had, but I still feel this is their real Achilles heal.

Yeah that Nostalgia of Vanilla/TBC made me want to look into it, until I remembered how much I fucking hated doing Kara keys or getting people nature resist gear for Huhu and other crap.

I agree with Koul on feeling too old for this shit. I still enjoy playing FFXIV and i'll buy WoD to see how it works (if they werent doing model upgrades I wouldn't be buying it...even though no fucking BE upgrade at launch...). While people bitch about how easy it is in FFXIV to get 110 gear I have no problem with it, far easier for me to do the casual shit and gear up that way and then do EX primals or w/e in pugs for fun. No time to commit to a fucking heroic raid pushing content like I used to. Damn you adult responsibilities!!!!

Sad to hear this about Wildstar though. Friend is still in love with the game because of the housing or some shit, which I guess is...a hook? I just want a MMO with TERA combat and end game shit worth doing.

Duskwood still stands as the best MMO zone I've ever encountered.
    Duskwood and old Silverpine were what made me fall in love with WoW. 1st time walking into Silverpine I was hooked, and SFK made me fucking orgasmic.

In reality, players don't want smart AI, they want an AI that is fun to beat. Here's a blog article
    Made me sad to read this, as i've played games where AI flanked me and thought it was fucking fantastic as I died in a hail of gunfire. Next time through I would move around obstacles and try to flank the AI as they flanked me, was fucking fun. Though nothing like that can really ever exist in a MMO as there are just too many factors.