View Poll Results: How generally interested is BG?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im in.

30 25.86%
  • Eh.

50 43.10%
  • No.

36 31.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread: WildStar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can get the Standard Edition + 30 days with Humble Bundle right now, might be good if you want to give F2P a try since you will probably get some bonuses for owning it.

The Humble Bundle actually brought a lot of people back to this game, which is a good thing because I 100% believe that if this current game was what released a year ago, this MMO would be immensely popular. It's also a good sign for F2P, at least in terms of the population growing.

From there, it's all on Carbine.

Also, if you want to check the game out and you previously had an account, the 10-day free trial is more than enough time to make enough cash to buy a credd and play for free until F2P anyway.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I hope it stays that way. I'm not a hardcore raider anymore by any stretch, but I always thought it was a bummer that a game designed specifically for them was such a bust. This would be my shit back in the younger days.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Wildstar launches FTP Sept.29th

Source

https://www.wildstar-online.com/en/n...-september-29/

Jumping back into the #Wildstar Closed Beta today before playing some Leo's Fortune! http://www.twitch.tv/mrhappy1227
    See guys, now you know anyone can play Wildstar.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...n-a-new-light/

Graphical upgrade to be rolled out starting with the September 28th update and will continue over the coming months.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Did the F2P beta, same shit for me. Kinda fun but not all that interesting.

Not even trying to be a dick, but in my experience if you are a person who enjoys FFXIV and thinks FFXIV is a good/fun/positive adjective/ game, then there is a 90-95% chance you're not going to like Wildstar right now or when it goes F2P. (Basically, if you're still playing 3.0 then Wildstar is not a game for you).

If you've recently quit FFXIV because 3.0 was lol and perhaps you quit 2.x for the same reasons, it might be a game to try out.

That said, they're going to take a ton of flack for a comment they made in their recent livestream where they stated "all the bugs are gone". Prior to today's update on the PTR, there were still some pretty ridiculous bugs such as raids not dropping loot, lol.

Since I do enjoy the game, I want it to do well, because it's more fun with more people. Most of the stuff that was broke is contained to raid level content, so they have a bit of time to sort that out before their F2P audience gets there.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Giving this game another try. I played it at launch and only got to like level 18 before getting bored. I'm sick of FFXIV but I can't not be playing a MMO so thought I'd whittle away at getting to level 50 while studying for exams. Have they made any adjustments to the leveling process since launch?

Since launch (aka if you were playing now, not during F2P) they have increased overall XP gain by ~20% (might be 15%).

Again, right now, the zones are still kind of long/tedious, but on the whole it's a lot easier to skip the non-story/zone related quests and get to level 50 than it was at launch. I think it took me 27 hours to level a new class to 50 and definitely wasn't at my keyboard for all of that.

For F2P:

That increase in XP is still there, and if you're 'subbed' you get like another 50% on top of that. In addition, the cash shop is very GW2-ish and the daily rewards are as well. There are XP boosts you can use on top of everything else that you get from daily rewards or whatever kind of shit.

Their 'goal' was to streamline the lower levels and get people into dungeons and groups because that's where the game actually shines. At launch, you basically got to level 6-7, did PvP to get to 10-11, then did quests till you could do the first Adventure (faction dependent) but after grinding that for a bit you still weren't at the next zone or the first dungeon. It seems like they've actually addressed those issues.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

For someone who currently plays are the lag/telegraph issues fixed? I remember doing Skullcano and the boss that constantly shoots stuff at you so you need to run til it's over, sometimes I could run and avoid it, other times I would have to sprint to avoid it and sometimes I just couldn't avoid it at all due to latency (ping to the servers were around 70ms). And just overall telegraphs being bigger than actually shown.

I liked the game but had my qualms, gf however I don't know if she wants to give it a second chance. Looking forward to F2P tomorrow.

A lot of the latency issues were poor optimization/framerate. A lot of that is fixed. I didn't bother turning anything down and get ~120fps when raiding, more when in dungeons. It's markedly shittier in town, but that also has a bit to do with addons and polling quests and shit. Not making excuses, it definitely could be a lot better.

They also retuned a lot of the dungeons and whatnot. Between being retuned and some power creep, a lot of those dungeons are a lot more fun than they were, and they're easier to pug as well. Granted, I had fun beating them 'back when they were hard' but it would be very difficult to simulate that for anyone and keep members lol.

In my experience, the amount of telegraphs that instantly kill you are way down (or gone, can't think of any). This means, red appears, you don't dodge red, you die. There are some mechanics that will one shot you or basically one shot you, but not telegraphs.

If it's a telegraph mechanic, say person A gets aids, passes to B, both explode, the combined damage will kill you. There's more shit like this where you buddies are why you die lol.

SC final boss (Mordecai Redmoon) is still one of the more challenging fights because it's all personal responsibility. Also, fun

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is there any kind of LFR (normally hate LFR =/) or group making system like WoW? I'd like to get into raiding but honestly don't want to go through the trouble of finding a guild as I would really just be using it as a filler until Legion is released and my guild gets back together.

There is a group finder deal, supposed to have improvements on the F2P launch as well. Depending on which faction you join, there is also pug raids that happen throughout the week.

As it stands right now on the NA side, the Exile faction has more people, less quality raiders/raiding guilds, and is the side with all the RP'ers.

The Dominion side has better raiders/raiding guilds, but like 1/3 the population.

I have no idea how much that will change in F2P. A lot of Exile players actually make alts on the other faction so that they can actually raid.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Did they ever make Esper something other than a piece of shit

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I sure hope so because thats what I'm gonna play. Last few DPS logs I've seen people post on Reddit from the PTR have shown esper doing well on damage at least.

Currently sitting on character creation, trying to enter the game for like 15 min. z.z

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Did they ever make Esper something other than a piece of shit
    Yeah, they made a lot of improvements to Esper and Slinger after most of us quit.

Based on PTR testing, the classes are all pretty well balanced now as well. (They weren't prior to F2P)

Warrior still da bomb tho.

And yeah, there are a ton of people online at the moment. Getting on tonight might be rough.

Edit: ALSO

I don't know if they made new servers or not. If they still just have 1 NA PVE and 1 NA PVP server, don't go to the PVP one. Go to Entity.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Character creation seems to be completely fucked. Twice now I've made my char, and as soon as I hit Enter Game it freezes the entire UI and does nothing. Time to mess around on the char I made at launch I guess.

edit: Can't log back in now. Meh. Back to studying until sleep.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Character creation is broken for the Entity server, but Devs are already working on a fix. Just your standard MMO launch woes.