1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New music tracks     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

New music tracks

Hi, as Im sure you guys will have noticed, FFXIV added new tracks to the game in the most recent patch..

in fact that did for an earlier patch too but I think for each update with music after the initial release of the game, the tracks have been using a different format from the ogg that the original one was using..

So i'm wondering if anyone has been able to play the tracks and if so what format is it and what player they've been using

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I must know. I need a rip of The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak... but I feel like there might be something special about the format just because in that instance (not sure about darkhold), there's two layers of simultaneous music that switches at certain predetermined rhythmic intervals depending on whether you're in battle or not.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Hmm.. i think they're basically just two separate tracks that follow the same melody and timing, and the game tracks both of them simultaneously and switches between the two of them in and out of battle..

I'm quite certain of this because the non-battle track has been in the game since Alpha (file name is 14.dat) and boss battle is file OA which has also been in the game since the beginning of time..

playing the new files outside of the game is the main issue i think