FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Streaming Rules and Conduct - Updated 05FEB2014

Streaming Section Rules and Regulation:

Boilerplate
    This section is subject to all rules and regulations that are laid out by the Administrators of Bluegartr.com
    You may find a copy of the current regulations here - http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/39735

Thread creation
    Any person over 10 posts has the ability to create a thread in this forum. You have the ability to edit your own post as necessary, but not your thread title. Get in touch with a moderator if that needs to happen.

People under 10 posts found post spamming in order to create a thread in this forum will find themselves automatically banned, no questions asked. This forum is intended to promote people who have participated in the website. We are not here to pad your stats or build your CPM (which is ass on Twitch, by the way).

If you are under 10 posts and want to post your stream here, please submit the following information to an Administrator:
    • An introductory blurb about yourself and your channel
    • Why you are posting here
    • What do you stream
    • What is Bluegartr getting out of it

Approval of being bumped up to 10+ posts is at the discretion of the Admins. If you cannot answer these questions, then you should probably spend some time thinking about why the hell you're streaming in the first place.

Bumping
    In the interest of fairness, please only bump when you are going live. Furthermore, please only limit it to once a day.

Keep in mind that you should be striving people to subscribe to your channel and using the streamer's method of content awareness to push notifications on going live.

Content
    Your thread should contain what you plan to stream as content. You should try to have fun. Keeping it clean is optional, but do remember that Twitch and co. have no problem smiting you if you violate their Terms of Service.

Protip: Remember to turn off your stream when it's done. The last thing you need to be is the one League of Legends player who was caught wanking it to the character they main because he thought his stream was turned off.

Criticism
    Sometimes a stream has some deficiencies. It happens. It's one thing to post criticism. It's another to be a raging frothy case of Santorum. The latter will be dealt with the swiftness. Please also keep in mind that we do have Private Messaging available if you don't want your assholery in public. Do keep in mind though that your douchehattedness can be reported and we can take action on it.

Also, keep the one-upsmanship to a minimum.

Support
    We do not mind people creating their own topics to ask for streaming support. A number of people in this forum may have had similar issues to yourself at one point. You may be asked to post configuration information here. They're not trolling. Honest.

Other
    In the event of questions, please feel free to get in contact with TBR or Blackice. If you have questions/issues with the site that go beyond a moderator, contact Sonomaa or Vandole. If you need a title change, contact any of the 3 listed.

Good luck and have fun, except for dole, who cant because its back luck.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

i'm usually in chat 24/7 so if you need me for anything just go in there and say my name.

Blackice

PMs work best for me since I'm usually checking the forums throughout the day at work and of course emails to my phone.

Out of curiosity, could someone whip up a guide on how to stream things?

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

i registered an account at all the major stream sites and they each gave me programs to stream with.

i only have a 1 mbps upload speed so my streaming is ass though :[ i'll probably stream some playstation games soon though.

aduidarnenye

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I use www.own3d.com to stream. They use something called Xsplit Broadcaster. It's super easy to figure out if you follow the instructions.

I did find that while my stream didn't lag, my online games lag like hell.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I found a lot of decent youtube videos/tutorials last night while setting mine up, at some point this week I'll make a resource/how-to sticky when I get time.

Roll tide y'all
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Use justin.tv to stream. And use XSplit Broadcaster. Never use Adobe Media Encoder or Dyno (Dino, whatever the fuck). If you have terrible internet speed, streaming is either going to suffer quality wise, or your connection is going to suffer.

Just play with the settings, until you find middle ground.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Why would you "never" use FME? Can't say I have any experience using Xsplit, but FME has always been great and gives you all the options I've ever needed whilst streaming.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Why would you "never" use FME? Can't say I have any experience using Xsplit, but FME has always been great and gives you all the options I've ever needed whilst streaming.
    Xsplit is just better, I've tried both and have always gotten better quality out of Xsplit no matter how many different configurations I've tried of FME.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I guess I'll have to try it out sometime then. I'm stuck on a really low bitrate stream (my upload is fucking awful) and FME has always let me get a good quality out of it still, wonder if Xsplit will let me get any better.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I've had great results with FME, not sure what people's problems with it would be

the only possible issue I have is it not recognizing the HDMI input of my capture card, but neither does virtualdub or pretty much any program other than the one that comes with the card

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

PM/AIM/MSN me. I'm always down for some MvC3 if I'm available.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This for streaming PC games and such? I should stream some shit :D

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Yep

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If someone were thinking of doing a Let's Play's but not streaming them, would that be acceptable to post in this section, or would it be better in the Linksauce section?

I've been toying around with streaming but I'd want to start doing videos on youtube first I think. It'd fit my schedule a little better.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

If it's something going straight to yt put it in the other section.