1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Signatures     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Tinkering with some mockups trying to decide on a look for the stat display. There isn't room for the full number value (ie. base + brackets) so I have to pick one or the other, would you guys prefer the base stat or the number in the parenthesis? My gut reaction is to include the modified value but the base stat might be more informative about how you have distributed your skill points. Will post again when I have mockups so I can get your opinions.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The one in brackets is after gear yeah. It updates super quick also. I just changed to MRD like 5 mins ago and it already updated my stats on my Lodestone page. The only problem with stat display is it displays the stats of the job you are currently on and not your main. The Lodestone also seems to know what job I am currently on and says that under my race. Is there anyway to get the sig to show what job you are currently on be it like an icon or something? Perhaps put it where the pysical level is since that is irrelevant anyway since we are all 50 and it's going away soon.

It would be cool to replace the phys level with the job I'm currently on's icon and then have my stats listed where my resists currently are. I'm unsure how hard all this would be so just an idea.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ok, I have done some quick mockups, as I said before the indications have to be done in all text, I am open to suggestions to how to make it more appealing. I have included to images for each layout, the first is with the elements still displayed to give a sense of scale to the text, and the second is the same image with the elements removed for a more final appearance. If people like the look, or we can come up with a better way to display it I will go ahead and start working on adding it to the tool.

*EDIT* Tried a two-letter representation, added to existing spoilers.

Layout A
    Spoiler: show

Layout B

Would it be possible to move the jobs a little bit to the top? As you can see on my signature the text is partly written on the border.
    And it seems that the generator does not work on chrome, atleast not for me. (no criticism just fyi)

Ossom sigs never the less thx!

Oh sweet! Thank you very much for this! Much better than the craptastic Enjin sig that was always at least a month behind, and mine would always roll back.

Thanks for sharing!

Do you have any plans to display stats rather than elements?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    The one in brackets is after gear yeah. It updates super quick also. I just changed to MRD like 5 mins ago and it already updated my stats on my Lodestone page. The only problem with stat display is it displays the stats of the job you are currently on and not your main. The Lodestone also seems to know what job I am currently on and says that under my race. Is there anyway to get the sig to show what job you are currently on be it like an icon or something? Perhaps put it where the pysical level is since that is irrelevant anyway since we are all 50 and it's going away soon.

It would be cool to replace the phys level with the job I'm currently on's icon and then have my stats listed where my resists currently are. I'm unsure how hard all this would be so just an idea.
    The sigs update when the image is requested and it has been over 24 hours since last update, so each sig updates at different times based on when it was last viewed and/or created. As for the current job, I will look into that, it will probably be what I replace the Physical Level circle with once they remove that stat, for now I am just going to leave it though.

Quote Originally Posted by NEmINIS View Post
    Would it be possible to move the jobs a little bit to the top? As you can see on my signature the text is partly written on the border.
    And it seems that the generator does not work on chrome, atleast not for me. (no criticism just fyi)

Ossom sigs never the less thx!
    I will look into moving the text up slightly, or thinning out the Gridania border a bit, it is quite a bit thicker than the Ul'dah and Limsa borders. As for Chrome, what version are you running? I use Chrome almost exclusively and was the main browser I tested in during development. During development I tested on Chrome 11-13 and had no issues. What exactly is it doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddle Sticks View Post
    Oh sweet! Thank you very much for this! Much better than the craptastic Enjin sig that was always at least a month behind, and mine would always roll back.

Thanks for sharing!

Do you have any plans to display stats rather than elements?
    Check out my last couple posts in this thread (before this one at least), someone requested stats be displayed in place of elements, I made a couple mock-ups but want to get some feedback on them before I put the time into coding something on a couple people want.

Hmm you are right, i tried again in chrome and it worked this time around.
    Last time it just kept showing the loading animation...idk might just have been my internet acting up.
    Great work (=

Edit: Saw you changed the layout of my sig, much better thx!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I like the mockups but is there anyway you can get all 3 letters in there? On the sigs where the stats are on the right side of the sig it appears you could space them out a little more and fit all 3 letters in. Not sure on the one that goes under the char picture. You would have to make the font smaller I think for those.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I like the mockups but is there anyway you can get all 3 letters in there? On the sigs where the stats are on the right side of the sig it appears you could space them out a little more and fit all 3 letters in. Not sure on the one that goes under the char picture. You would have to make the font smaller I think for those.
    I will probably try another mockup with the 3 letters when I get home from work. Will post with update when I have completed it.

The the mock ups with stats look great! But just like Arximiro said, all three letters would look better than just the first two. Thanks again for all the hard work on these!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Finally got around to trying out the 3 letter abbreviations for stats. I will add them here, I have also edited the post above to include them so that all formats are visible together. Overall, I am still not happy with it. It is too text heavy and just feels out of place. The positioning would also be tweaked, I am more concerned with the overall appearance of it. The version for Layout A (text on the left) isn't bad, almost tolerable; but Layout B (text on the right) doesn't work at all. I really wish I could find or come up with some good symbols to represent each stat to stick with the icon based theme of the rest of the sig. What do you guys think?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I think they both look good. If there was a universal icon for each stat it would work, but since there isn't it might be a little confusing. These ones look great, how soon can I get one? ^^

Only thing that bothers me about them is the font.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think they both look good. If there was a universal icon for each stat it would work, but since there isn't it might be a little confusing. These ones look great, how soon can I get one? ^^
    I will start work on them eventually, stay tuned. Hope to have them done by the time they remove Physical Level so I can implement both changes at the same time. (Physical level removal is in 1.19 right? If not than I will try to get it out before then)

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    Only thing that bothers me about them is the font.
    The font overall or the font on the stats? The stats font is different than the font used on the rest of the sig, it will be changed to match for the actual release.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I like it. Thanks for sharing. ;o

I love the it thanks alot for sharing ^.^

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. With the letter confirming that Physical level will be removed in the upcoming patch my main focus is changing the sigs to display current class instead of Physical level in corner of pic to prevent the sigs from breaking. I am also planning to get the stats included as an option as well but my free time is about to take a hit and I may not get things rolled out as fast as I (and possibly you guys) would like. Stay tuned, and if the sigs break or do anything weird in the meantime continue to let me know, unfortunately if I work on them at work I have to do the coding and testing on the production platform as I don't have access to my testbed.

bongaru

thank you for this.

User was infracted for this post.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just a quick update guys. I have finally got some free time to work on the required changes. First up is changing the Physical Level circle to the Current Class icon. I also decided to change the script to highlight the current class in the level display.

The image shows both options put on one sig for the final result I will give you the option of choosing one or the other (unless anyone is interested in having both for some reason in which case I will leave that as a possibility).

I am still not sure if I am going to be able to make the stats display work. It appears the mockups display a little differently than the live image and when you view the above image, if I am to fit 3 letter abbreviations for each stat and keep it spaced right the text would have to be very tiny. I will continue working at it though.

One last note. I am working as quickly as I have time too but I have hit a couple snags (ie. have to locate my un-minified CSS and JavaScript files so I can tweak them to add the new features and very little time due to full time work and full time classes) and if I do not make it before 1.19 launches then the sigs will likely break so please keep that in mind. When 1.19 launches there is a good chance the lodestone display will change and depending on how it changes it my mess up the parsed data and I will need time to correct it. Just wanted to make sure you guys were aware of that.

As always, if you have any questions, comments, concerns. Leave em here or drop me a PM.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Much appreciation, as usual. I just thought I would mention that they are removing elemental affinities in the next patch in case you weren't aware, so you may want to take that into consideration regarding extra design space in the near future. Also, I'm thinking it may be pointless to put work into listing attribute now that they are removing stat allocation (for now).

A thought: I'm sure some people might be interested in some sort of subtle identifier (color/highlight/etc.) for classes that are at 50. It seems like it would be simple enough to code (not like I would know).