sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaTrap View Post
    Yeah that sucks. Dude was awesome as Conan even if the movie sucked. WHY U NO LIKE BE AWESOME IN AWESOME MOVIE?!

Another thing I was thinking about... Marvel is pushing Nova pretty hard right now: He's in the Spidey cartoon, new book (as a new Nova), I'm sure he'll appear in GotG book within the first 10 issues. So Nova will appear in the movies too. Maybe GotG2? Maybe as a cameo in the 1st one but there might be too much going on.

Hopefully they'd go with Richard Rider, but the cartoon/new comic (thanks Jeph-douche), scare me...
    Dude I would be all over a fucking Nova movie. Nova is easily one of my top five favorite Marvel characters. Once they got him out of the New Warriors and had him doing his own thing he became a genuine bad ass.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Zoe Saldana will prolly be Gamora, according to THR

I fully support this.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

that is an excellent casting.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Michael Rooker apparently joined the cast. He was expected at one point to be the voice of Rocket Raccoon or Groot but instead is playing Yondu. The Centaurian from the 31st century version of the team. Conveniently at one point in that teams existence Yondu loses a hand so his Walking Dead prosthetic could still be useful.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They need to use professional voice actors for Groot and Rocket Raccoon. Troy Baker, who did Booker DeWitt in Bioshock: Infinite as well as lots of anime characters, was the VA for teh Avengers:EMH cartoon. Fred Tatasciore might be a good choice as well, he did Hulk in a lot of Marvels animated things.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Actress Ophelia Lovibond has been cast in a supporting role in James Gunn's highly anticipated Marvel space adventure Guardians of the Galaxy. According to THR, she will play an "aide to a near-immortal being called The Collector, who gathers artifacts and beings in the hopes of saving them from a foretold galactic annihilation." This is the first time I've heard that The Collector would be a part of the movie. We previously heard The Controller was also going to be a villain.

Lovibond joins Chris Pratt as Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer, Michael Rooker as Yondu, and Zoe Saldana as Gamora. They also still need to cast Groot and Rocket Raccoon. I'm not that familiar with Lovibond, but she's had parts in films such as Mr. Popper’s Penguins and No Strings Attached.

The movie is scheduled to start shooting in June.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/4/22...-revealed.html
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...Top+Stories%29

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The Collector? Oh hell yes. Gimme dem Elders of the Universe.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

We've some more info from Marvel president Kevin Feige on James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy. In an interview with EW, he discusses what he likes about the story, and what we can expect to see in it. He also talks about Chris Pratt's character in the film, and why he was cast as Star-Lord.

As for the new piece of concept art above it features a young Peter Quill with his first close encounter on Earth, before he is whisked away to the far reaches of the galaxy. Here's what Feige has to say about how the movie fits in with the rest of the Marvel cinematic universe, and teases the story and characters a little.

Guardians takes place within the continuity of the [other movies] but it’s on the other side of the universe. We’ve always wanted to do a space movie. I’m obsessed with Star Wars, I’m obsessed with Star Trek.

It’s a huge story on a massive canvas. We can take it to all those crazy places as long as all the characters respond in an emotionally truthful way. That’s why I believe people are going to respond to Chris Pratt and to an alien Zoë Saldana—because they did respond to that one time before [with Avatar]. And to a tree and a raccoon who, it is certainly our intention, will steal the whole movie.
    On top of Pratt and Saldana, the film will also star Lee Pace as the villain, Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer, Michael Rooker as Yondu, and Ophelia Lovibond as an aid to The Collector. I like that they cast Pratt in the lead role in the film. I think he's going to be great. Feige goes on to talk about him saying,

He’s a hilariously frumpy, doofy guy in Parks and Rec, and he’s an incredibly kickass ripped guy in Zero Dark Thirty and that’s pretty awesome. He’s going to need that in Guardians. That’s a big range right there.

We did a lot of auditions, a lot of screen tests, just as we did for Thor, just as we did for Cap. [Pratt] was hilarious, he was moving, he was … you bought him in the early versions of the outfit.
    As for why they cast Bautista in the film he said,

One of the reasons Bautista got the part was because his banter, and ad libs, and screen tests with Pratt were awesome.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/5/2/...d-details.html
    http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/0...l-phase-two/4/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

tar Trek Into Darkness star Zoe Saldana recently talked about the character that she'll be playing in Guardians of the Galaxy, Gamora. I just assumed since the character she plays is an alien that she would get a CGI motion capture makeover, but in a recent interview with Total Film she reveals that she'll actually sport the green body makeup. She seems excited to be a part of it, and I'm sure she'll be great in the role!

In the comics, Gamora is the adopted daughter of the supervillain Thanos, and she's the last of her species. I'm not sure if they plan on changing that up for the film, but her powers include superhuman strength and agility with an accelerated healing factor.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/5/5/...he-galaxy.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...I#action=share

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Guardians Of The Galaxy Plot And Villain Details, John C. Reilly’s Role Revealed
    As pre-production work on Guardians of the Galaxy draws Marvel’s ambitious sci-fi epic ever closer to shooting, some specifics of the plot are finally starting to leak out. It seems, from these scraps, that certain details have been changed from the original comic books, and there’s a whole patchwork of interrelated ideas and characters drawn together into something rather new. You may consider some of what follows to be rather spoilery.

First of all, let’s address Rhomann Dey. According to HitFix, Marvel have made an offer to John C. Reilly to take this part, “the Agent Coulson of the Guardians movies.” In the comics though, Dey is the head of the Nova Corps. and not a human being from planet Earth. Why the change? Well, it looks like they’ve mixed up some elements of his storyline, which originally saw him select Earthling Richard Rider to join the Nova Corps. It’s not clear, as yet, but those story pieces seem to have been rewoven somewhat…

What’s more, Dey will have a key liaison back on Earth and, while Marvel haven’t settled on any actor yet, they’ve apparently been looking at Hugh Laurie, Alan Rickman, Ken Watanabe… basically, anybody filed under A for Authorative at Casting Central.

We do know that the Nova Corps. are in the film, and not just because Nova ships appeared in some of the concept art. It seems they’ve been reworked, as you might expect, but it worked – is still working, and will continue to work, I expect, with SHIELD, so I see no reason to worry.

Just because the film is going full-on Galactic, it doesn’t mean we won’t be seeing any of the characters from previous Marvel movies. Nick Fury, for example, is set to play an important part when he convinces Groot not to experiment on the human race but to respect and assist them instead. Drax still has his human origins, having been a saxophone player called Art who was killed by Thanos in the Mojave Desert.

While Hit Fix believe that Zoe Saldana hasn’t yet committed to the part of Gamora, there can’t be a lot between her and that final dotted line, what with costume and make-up already in advanced stages of development and testing.

The movie version of Gamora was raised by Thanos and trained to be a deadly killer for his forces, but as soon as she realised what nefarious naughtiness he had on the cards, she went on the run. She’s now looking to put her super strength, super speed and super knife fighting skills to use on the side of the good guys.

It’s not clear how all of the characters will come together, but we can expect to meet Rocket Raccoon alongside his buddy Wal Russ – another anthropomorphic animal, and if any of you think you can guess which kind, I’ll accept answers on a postcard or the back of stuck down envelope. The two critters are initially employed at The Keystone Quadrant, the intergalactic asylum for those who are criminally insane at a cosmic level.

The villain of the film, according to current info, is Michael Rooker as Yondu who, as I previously understood it, was a member of a different Guardians lineup in the comics and not just some kind of space pirate. But yes, Marvel Movieverse rewiring has often been pretty dramatic, but it’s almost always effective.

Also billed as a villain is the role that Lee Pace has taken, but we don’t know – yet – just who that is. Interestingly, though, it’s suggested that he’s being set up for his own spin-off movies, at least in theory. Not that Marvel are looking to make a movie named for and centred around a bad guy – Guardians will see the character switching sides.

I can’t even start to guess who he might be but it’s good to know Pace will get a nice meaty part, though.

There’s still more polishing to be done to the screenplay, with Marvel stalwarts Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely taking the pages through this final scrub-up. Still, planning is at a very advanced stage and there are, relatively speaking, very few pieces left to click into place.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/05/...role-revealed/
    http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...-of-the-galaxy

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Glenn Close Joining 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
    Spoiler: show
    Glenn Close is in final negotiations to join Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.

The movie, which is heading for a late June start in London, is part of Marvel’s Phase Two and the only movie that is not a sequel to already established characters such as Thor and Captain America.

Close will play the head of a space police force known as the Nova Corps.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wha! I thought they were getting John C Reilly for that role.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

'Doctor Who' Star Joins Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
    Spoiler: show
    Karen Gillan, who starred as Doctor Who’s companion for several seasons on the hit BBC show, is joining the cast of Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Details for Gillan's role were not revealed although it is known she will play the film’s lead female villain.

The Scottish actress played companion Amy Pond in Doctor Who's fifth through the recently-ended seventh series. The character was hugely popular and appeared in Doctor Who books, apps and video games. Gillan has several indies in the can, including Oculus, a horror flick with Katee Sackhoff.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Benicio Del Toro joins Guardians of the Galaxy
    They are keeping his role under wraps, but he’s playing a character that is built to be part of future Marvel films, which means he has signed a deal with options that put him into multiple movies.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

forreals? man i hope not.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Probably playing Nebula? Makes the most sense to me

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Rumor is she will be Angela.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/6/14...ns-of-the.html
    John C. Reilly's role has been revealed in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, and he will be playing Ronan "The Accuser." It was originally rumored he would be playing a character named Rhomann Dey, who was described as the human agent who would serve as a go-between guy that keeps the Guardians in line and reporting to S.H.I.E.L.D. about their activities. But when Glenn Close was cast in a similar sounding role, questions were raised on who Reilly was actually going to play in the film. That question has now been answered.

The character was introduced in Fantastic Four, and he's a Kree villain whose powers include superhuman strength, endurance, speed and reflexes, shielded by an exoskeleton armor suit can make him invisible. He also wields the “universal weapon,” which kind of looks like Thor’s hammer.

One of the big things about the character is that he's also been portrayed as the son of Thanos, also known as the Avatar of Death. Thanos was introduced to the Marvel cinematic universe in The Avengers and is rumored to be the main villain in Guardians Of The Galaxy.

This will be an interesting character for Reilly to play, but I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with it. The James Gunn-directed movie also stars Chris Pratt as Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer, Michael Rooker as Yondu, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Karen Gillan, Benico Del Toro and Glenn Close. The movie will be released on August 1st, 2014.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Other reports including Deadline and CBR say he is playing Rhomann Dey after all and not Ronan the Accuser. Seems someone can't make up their minds or tell the difference between Ronan and Rhomann.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast