BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

General Question

How much work/effort is going into BG wiki right now? Is it worth putting effort into it? The reason I ask is that for some things this wiki is the best place for information (Voidwatch and Dynamis for example) and I'm happy to get involved if it isn't going to disappear anytime soon.

Also, are there any plans to deal with Walk of Echoes and the associated battlefields? Happy to help but not really sure where to start.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

We covered a lot of the new information from the last patch pretty well, so now there are several simultaneous efforts to update a lot of old things. I'm trying to take on the game mechanics/job traits sections at the moment, and Septimus is working on some tools to let us add things a little easier. I don't think there's any real danger of the website suddenly disappearing.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Well I'm happy enough to do some work on this then. Just wasn't quite sure what to do with the Walk of Echoes page. Would it be a good idea to create a new form of battle field event for the confluxes? At the moment all the mobs and (now) fluxes are listed off the page and I've only made minor edits to things like linked zones and missions.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

We have a BCNM template that might work for individual conflux fights. You can see it here: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Hostile_Herbivores

Eh, actually it might not. I'm not sure what to do about that. You might want to elevate it to a higher authority (Septimus).

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

kk, will do.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just to reiterate, BGWiki isn't going away. I am too stubborn to let it.

I think that the BCNM template will work, but I have not done a lot of WoEs so I am not sure how well the information will fit into the existing template. It would not be hard for me to make a template for WoEs if it would be better.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Think it would be useful to have a template for the Walk of Echoes confluxes as mentioned to you already

Another question...

Would it be a good point to add the empyrean EAF armour to the job pages in some way? Also we may well be getting relic +2 shortly!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, that'd probably be a good idea. I did it for Dancer, and I think someone did it for Monk. It just hasn't been done systematically yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

With the Walk of Echoes Battlefield Templates, it is all a matter of figuring out what would be most useful on them. When we can nail down what would be needed for WoE (and other battlefields) we can then make a more advanced template.

I would love to see Empyrean armor added to all of the jobs. Some kind soul also did SCH, but still 17 jobs to go.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Someone say templates?

Anyways, I'm done with my break, needed some time to calm down a bit. I cooked up Byrthnoth's request for a Blue Magic x Job Trait template the other day, so that should finalize work on the Job Traits section. Job Abilities should be handled as well.

So far, this is the work done to my knowledge, template-wise:

• Job Abilities
      -Phantom Roll table
      -Other abilities that required subtables (eg. Astral Flow)
    • Job Traits
    • Magic - Blue Magic
    • Key Items - Atma

To-Do List:
    • Rest of Magic
    • Rest of Key Items
    • Equipment
    • Mobs

If something is in my sandbox, chances are it's done or being worked on.

Trying to think of other things that could be done. If someone needs a template or formatting work, PM is the quickest way to get to me unless you have my AIM.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I've actually found BG wiki to be more helpful than regular wiki after the switch, especially w/voidwatch. Seems more people just jumped to BG wiki.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Need to add Quests to that list too.

Been doing some searches on some old threads. I think items/equipment, mobs and quests/missions will be the next pieces of work, since that's where the meat and potatoes is. Get it as templated as possible. I could probably rework the xNM template as well as gen something for WoE. After that I can finish up with magic.

Then after that, it's a matter of people to stop bitching and pick up a damn shovel. People want to whine about the accessibility of information when they can't be bothered to help archive things. I can build the tools to make updating things easy as hell, but I just need people to actually do the updating (mostly because data entry was what led me to my earlier break).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I've actually found BG wiki to be more helpful than regular wiki after the switch, especially w/voidwatch. Seems more people just jumped to BG wiki.
    We have several very dedicated editors who work very hard to keep the freshest information available. And we are always looking for more!

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Need to add Quests to that list too.

Been doing some searches on some old threads. I think items/equipment, mobs and quests/missions will be the next pieces of work, since that's where the meat and potatoes is. Get it as templated as possible. I could probably rework the xNM template as well as gen something for WoE. After that I can finish up with magic.

Then after that, it's a matter of people to stop bitching and pick up a damn shovel. People want to whine about the accessibility of information when they can't be bothered to help archive things. I can build the tools to make updating things easy as hell, but I just need people to actually do the updating (mostly because data entry was what led me to my earlier break).
    Preach it Brother Blackrose! Running a wiki it too much for any one person to handle. I have the tools to add items, armor, weapons, quests, missions, key items, magic, job abilities, and job traits until the cows come home, but I can't put information on each and every page. BGWiki needs the BGForums to help to make it better. This isn't my Wiki, it is our Wiki, all of us. If you want to help, but don't know anything about Wikis, you can start here. If want to help, but don't know where to get started, ask me. Despite how I am otherwise, I am very nice to people who want to work on BGWiki.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Oh wise and benevolent template master, please lend me your strength in performing minor adjustments to anything wiki. I'm starting entering the Job Trait information including BLU stuff, and I have some small suggestions/requests.

* Please make the right border of the blue "First Available", "Spells Needed", and "Points Needed" match up with the right border of "Ability" rather than "Level" below. Then please center the related numbers so they're in line with the Points column. It just strikes me as more condensed and a little more aesthetically pleasing. It also gives extra room for request 2!
    * Please change "Points Needed" to "Minimum Points Needed" and "Spells Needed" to "Spells per Trait level". Actually, I'm not sure the second category is even necessary because you always need to set two spells per trait level as far as I know (except for Auto Refresh, which is weirder than any template will be able to deal with). May be good to keep it for the future though.

Here is Septimus' up-to-date Traits list: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Blue_Mage_Job_Traits

Feel free to disregard any suggestions you disagree with.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Actually, both suggestions would look better. I wasn't satisfied with the original result.

Also, if you don't want to enter the Spells Needed section, you can leave that blank and it won't show.