HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Hijacking this to see if any of you guys are having this similar issue. I just got a new pc that has Windows 7 on it, my old pc had Windows 7 and I've been using Firefox for years, at home and at work. I have the same settings everywhere, same addons, all is ok in the world. Well so I got the new pc Thursday, spent this weekend installing games and programs on it, and when I went to download Firefox and get Ad Block Plus, Tabs on Bottom, and Classic Theme Restorer (fucking, who likes tabs on top, seriously?) I noticed that Firefox wouldn't let me download them at all. I tired other random addons, tried themes, anything I try to download stops as soon as I click the download button and gives me an error message saying it couldn't complete the action, there is a problem and then offers a retry option.

Now, this all started Saturday, continued on Sunday, and the thing that gets me is that on Friday, on my old pc, before I donated it to my family to replace their XP machine, I download the very same addons and they worked fine. At work today, my Firefox finally updated to v.29 and I downloaded the same addons with no issues. On the new home pc, I have Flash, Java both installed, tried getting addons with and without them working, and also tried a fresh install of Firefox, still doesn't let me download.

Any idea what's causing this? One thing I noticed too, is the addon page shows up as text links, and not the standard display.

Edit: I figured out the problem, turns out when the pc was first run, it had the wrong date entered and that was the cause of every problem lol.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

New Firefox looks like Chrome :/ I miss the orange. Why Firefox, why?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, what I did saved DuckDuckGo when the thing reset, but my game related custom searches got eaten with the bug fix update that turned up this morning ><

Had to readd again. It's annoying but I don't know what to say, except just restore them again. Just in case anyone's curious:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...s/searches.jpg

That's how I like it. If I swap to XIV (Might after Seekers is done) the XI searches will switch to XIV searches.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

You got the old bookmark button/menu back? oO how? Or does it just look like the old one?

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thanks for the addon list guys. Fucking hated the new UI.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Niya; it's in Classic Theme Restorer, look for something about add back the star once you install it. ^^

It works like the old one, but shame you need a addon to make it appear!

Menu you can readd via the hamburger button. Hit Customize, at the very bottom there's something about Add/Hide Toolbars. Click it and you should be able to reenable the menu bar. ^^ I reenabled it about 3-4 versions ago b/c I'm used to it, I'm set in my ways, and no one had better lay a bleeping finger on my menu bar! Customize the look with Classic Theme Restorer and you prolly won't be able to tell the difference from the old version. ^^

Make sure if you bring back the menu bar, you remove the application button if you're using Classic Theme Restorer! Or it turns out VERY weird looking; it mashes the menu over and I don't like that. Better to get rid of it if you reenable the menu bar. ^^

Oh and a little more proof of the pudding:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...foxversion.jpg

(yes I'm one of the member mods on RPGamer. Don't worry about it!)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

I meant the bookmark menu button, the one you have between home and "main menu" button. Can't seem to get it back. By default, it's that weird star+bookmarks thingie, but I still think the star is the worst idea ever. (want to decide where to store a bookmark right when i create it...). But when I use the "star button in address bar" option of CTR, the bookmark menu button vanished completely and I can't re-add it via customize. The only things i could add would be the bookmark bar (haha...) and a toggle for the bookmark sidebar.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Strangely for me, it popped up when I jerked all my addons to the addon bar. You might want to tinker..lemme do a google search on that for ya and see what I can find.

I've never used it much, I usually use the top menu.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Ha, you got me there. But the LMGTFY link actually helped, it seems I always used the wrong keywords for searching xD resetting the menus to default did the trick, the button came back to customize and (almost) everything is back as I wanted it ^^;

Btw, did you mean the Firefox button up left with "application button" on your previous post? For me, at least the small version can co-exist without problems with the menu bar, no overlapping or anything.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What I mean is the Menu Bar, which starts with File and ends with Help at the very top of mine. but yeah. That small button could prolly co-exist with the menu bar without problems, tho to me b/c it wasn't in earlier versions..it looks wierd, so I nixed it.

And glad to hear that helped! I admit I got some pretty good google fu most times ^^

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sorry about the double post but...

Firefox 30 is out. Release Notes here. Since I'm using Classic Theme Restorer, I can't see the new button at least on the desktop (I don't care so much about the android version, the new theme shines there. Just if you get the android version, you might have to get one addon to add back the quit option on some devices, that gets annoying)

Subtle refinements in the interface, security fixes (I hope they fixed Sync, I'm not using Sync until I'm sure it's secure) click to play plugins added (Not flash btw. You won't have to allow flash unless you're using a flash blocker anyway), and a new optional sidebar button. Minor update, pretty much.

Oh and for once..I kept my custom searches, yay. No redoing them !!!

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Firefox 30!

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Lol. Well, now Firefox 31 is out. Minor update actually.. The big thing is.. Now Firefox does malware scanning like Chrome. Not QUITE like Chrome from everything I've read, but uses the same API; Google didn't give them documentation so it's not as good as Chrome's atm, but give them time to pick it apart and use it to its fullest.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

More like Firefox 34 is out now

32/64 bit installer

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o....installer.exe

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok, new firefox again--firefox 34. The trouble is THEY MESSED WITH THE SEARCH BAR, you will need the latest version (a beta!) of Classic Theme Restorer to get it back the way it was.

Option is pretty obscure, under expert tweaks. You should be able to see which it is. ^^ (New version is clearer.) That's the worst change I can see right now tho.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Hm, what did they mess with? Haven't noticed any difference so far.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Search bar looks fine, but they changed it so the search engine is now not a drop down list but an option that's clickable after you typed something in the bar.

Otherwise, sounds to me some people customsie their browser too much lol

All I have is ad block, flash block and no script, everything else is default. Works perfect.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Behaves just as before for me... And I have tons of add-ons, but none of them should mess with the search field. Unless the "fix" Eliza mentioned is already included in Classic Theme Restorer 1.2.6.1.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ya it defaults to google. Who uses anything but google anyway lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server