Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Path of Exile     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

If anyone is playing through the California gateway at night it's Ping is terrible. I live within 20 miles of the servers and during the day I sit at 30, when 7 o'clock rolls around it shoots up to 200+. so at night I switch to Texas an it sits at 60.
    You can look at your ping and whatnot by hitting f1 for those new to the game.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I connect to TX gateway regardless 'cause I'm in Texas, but yeah... the ping is low and it is fantastic.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Random question, I guess I could look on the forums and whatnot but I prefer to discuss the game so... does anyone know if I can link curse on hit/some curse/herald of thunder and proc the curse off of either regular attacks or at the very least HoT's lightning strikes so that I can apply curses with no effort?

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Absolutely. One of the most common uses is a crit Arc, Ball Lightning or Lightning Tendrils build with Curse on Hit/Herald of Thunder/Assassin's Mark/Warlord's Mark (if running dual curse). Due to Herald of Thunder's relatively low range, I only use it in a build around a short-range skill, like Lightning Tendrils. Otherwise, I prefer things like CoH/Ball Lightning/GMP/Curse.

Another common way to automatically apply defensive curses (Enfeeble, Temp Chains, Warlord's Mark sometimes) is to link it with Cast When Damage Taken. CWDT/Immortal Call/Increased Duration/Curse, for example.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if you link something Curse on Hit with Herald of Thunder, the curse will only be applied when a mob is hit by HoT's own lightning bolt. Using your main skill that gets a damage bonus from running Herald of Thunder won't apply the curse linked to HoT.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Cool, thanks. Was thinking about building around Whirlwind for my next character so the range shouldn't be an issue.
    Should probably go ahead and get started on that.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Assuming you mean Cyclone and not Whirlwind Blades, that's a good idea. 2H Cyclone is really strong right now with Fortify and 7 endurance charges.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Oh yeah, Cyclone... brain still in D2 mode.
    I just use Whiling Blades to zoom around.

EDIT: Now I'm wondering if a rejuv totem would restore ES if I had Zealot's Oath

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

That's a good question. If it does work, I wonder if it's worth a socket if you are running an EB/MOM/ZO caster.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I made a cyclone duelist, it's my go to for starting out lol. Apparently Goldwyrm boots are expensive, glad I got them to drop for me. I need some better rings and stuff, but other than that, my char is sittin not too bad.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    That's a good question. If it does work, I wonder if it's worth a socket if you are running an EB/MOM/ZO caster.
    Something like this was actually kind of the idea. I guess there's one way to find out whether or not it works.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I hopped on the Warbands gravy train, and just started mapping at 66 with a pretty barebones Flame Totem templar. These Warbands packs drop so much loot. It's glorious.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah mapping asap = fast lvls and better stuff. I haven't been alching maps, even though I should... But oh well.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I never used to alch maps below 74 maps. The new way that maps are split into 3 tiers probably means I should start alching at tier2 (starts at 72? or 73? I'm not sure).

EDIT: Warbands + ghosts (one ended up on a warbands mob) + 2 extra rogue exiles + Vorici mission in one map. Made 3 chaos from chaos recipes alone, nevermind sellable drops and raw currency too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I should start selling the chaos recipe... I feel like anything below a lvl 74 map is not really gunne be good.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Flame Totem is boring, so I started a Lightning Arrow Scion today, figuring it would suck. Only in A4 normal now, but LA/WED/PPAD/LMP is blowing up everything with Frenzy/PPAD/AF for single target. This build is really fun so far.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    Flame Totem is boring, so I started a Lightning Arrow Scion today, figuring it would suck. Only in A4 normal now, but LA/WED/PPAD/LMP is blowing up everything with Frenzy/PPAD/AF for single target. This build is really fun so far.
    Honestly, this is the build I just ripped with like 2 days ago except I was using LA/WED/LMP/Chain. Chain LA is just so sexy to me with it hitting 3 nearby targets to begin with.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

That sounds like it would be hard to maintain without a lot of investment into mana nodes. Chain is expensive (just got 'buffed' to 150%), and carries a heavy less damage multiplier. It's something that's fun to play around with sometimes, but I've never actually stuck it on my main skill.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Its really not at all hard to sustain. I just took a couple of leech nodes and LA was easier to sustain than Frenzy.
    It hits so many times from 1 shot that you can't help but leech it all back.

LA hits, then hits 3 additional targets (and they all take the physical damage too) and each arrow would then chain to 2 targets that each also hit up to 3 additional targets.

EDIT: I'd also like to note that even if it were hard to maintain, I take the HP nodes (Constitution) right near the Scion start point so I'm already right next to Dynamo so even if it were a problem it'd be a problem that'd take like 2 points to fix since I already take the the STR node right below there.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I'll play around with Chain tomorrow. It does sound fun.

Out of curiosity, why do you leave the top side of the Scion life wheel on the LA build? This is what I figured the tree should be at 100 points, with room to improvise as needed:

http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscree...H6oJ9W-nfXFHU=

It's intentionally half devoted to crit in that tree so that it's easier to respec if I decide to go a different direction.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

What I did is almost the same as that except I come out of the Scion tree to get those life nodes from top left node and grab Shaper and come down to Constitution rather than grabbing the projectile damage nodes at the bottom.

Like so: http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscree...i9NZK18m6qSsg=

I thought I was going to have more mana problems than I ended up having.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag