1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 25 minutes
Closed Thread

Thread: FF14 mention on Jeopardy     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

FF14 mention on Jeopardy

Final Fantasy was the correct answer but Eorzea and 14th edition are mentioned in the clue.

10 million subs inc.

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Was it this one?

"This Alliterative name, is set in the realm named 'Eorzea', it is the fourteenth installation in this series"

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

this happened back in February I guess;

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/30093-ffxiv-on-jeopardy/

I was watching the Teen Tournament Jeopardy today, and to my surprise, Final Fantasy XIV was mentioned, the clue was read as, something like:

"This Alliterative name, is set in the realm named 'Eorzea', it is the fourteenth installation in this series".

One kid answered 'World of Warcraft', which surprised me, and the second person got it correct.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I think the Teen Tournament might be repeating right now (I saw this when it first aired) so that might be why some are just catching word of it.

Vuitton

All you need to know from the question to get the right answer is "14th edition of the series". I mean, what other game series has that many? Dragon Quest is up to 9? (I have no idea.)

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think there are a number of other series that are comparable in how many "sequels" they have... but they just lack the consistent numbering. Castlevania, Mega Man, etc.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    All you need to know from the question to get the right answer is "14th edition of the series". I mean, what other game series has that many? Dragon Quest is up to 9? (I have no idea.)
    10 + god knows how many side games

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oliver Queen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    Yeah, to my dad every game was Final Fantasy as I grew up. I guess adding in pressure and nervousness didn't help anyway. That woulda popped into my head first, but you never know. Didn't even know that version of Jeopardy even existed. It's interesting. lol

User was infracted for this post.