+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 251 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast

Thread: Test Server Findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Sorry yes, meant "Is it just because of higher WSC?" And is it only better on paper because of the 100% AGI mod? Or is it in practice once you start thinking about gear options and how most choices will be Str/Acc/Att vs AGI (Whereas lots of Dex gear has Acc/Att/Str)?

Ok, think I understant it though, DE gets roughly 70-80 from WSC, New WS gets around 180, and 100 DMG is gonna beat the 10-20 Str and 50Attack you lose >.>
    Wonder what'd be a good set for it though? With 100% AGI mod, how much str/att would beat out 1AGI? Wonder if things like Enkidu Harness would become great (5Str/Agi 10Acc/Att) or if the higher AGI from Loki's/Denali (11/10) would be better. Think atm I'm just planning on using TA gear with skadi hands instead of af1+1
    Prior to TA (ran this on my DNC),I think the ratio on that particular WS will be close to 3att = 2Str = 1DA(maybe slightly less) = 1AGI.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well... damn. Is there a relatively quick way to check for the fTP carrying over to all hits on Blade: Shun or am I just going to have to WS TW mobs until I get a high or low value with the appropriate TP return? Requiescat is relatively easy since WAR can use it but I can't do that for Shun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Resolution benefits greatly from being in abyssea. If you use Apoc and A/O, you are almost certainly going to hit 8 times every WS, since each hit will then have 25% chance of TAing. However, as mobs start to get harder, Resolution becomes more inconsistent while Torcleaver largely stays the same. In abyssea you don't have to worry about ACC, so I wouldn't use that as place to test as Resolution should clearly perform better there.
    Not this shit again...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Well... damn. Is there a relatively quick way to check for the fTP carrying over to all hits on Blade: Shun or am I just going to have to WS TW mobs until I get a high or low value with the appropriate TP return? Requiescat is relatively easy since WAR can use it but I can't do that for Shun.

Not this shit again...
    Sorry, I didn't know TA only applies to first two hits. Not trying to start any argument here so take it easy. Two hits still has more chance to TA is the point.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Maybe prot and Byrth can give some input? AFAIK they (one of them?) said to use mob that can cast Utsusemi and manipulate their shadow count.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by VZX01 View Post
    Maybe prot and Byrth can give some input? AFAIK they (one of them?) said to use mob that can cast Utsusemi and manipulate their shadow count.
    Im pretty sure the conclusion was that first hit of multihit that connect after shadow is taken off will have fTP of first hit of the WS and you cant test fTP of the following hits like that.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I plan on doing a test on Resolution to test for the same using Utsusemi, Resolution being five hits you can allow Utsusemi Ichi or Ni to absorb three of the hits which will leave only two hits landing, lowering the inconsistency and possible difference between a new pDIF roll on each and every hit.

I don't know how many hits Blade: Shun has, but I wager it would work the same way. Make sure you aren't dual wielding and that you're working with a mob where you can reasonably say you have capped attack and fSTR. Yagudo in Castle Oztroja work.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Sorry, I didn't know TA only applies to first two hits. Not trying to start any argument here so take it easy. Two hits still has more chance to TA is the point.
    I was referring to the accuracy comment. Grim +1 > Twilight, Heafoc > augmented Heca (+1), Beir +1 > Sentry, enjoy having zero accuracy issues in exchange for 9 STR and 39 attack. If you truly believe that'll break Resolution in a comparison to Torcleaver, I would love to see the math on it.

Quote Originally Posted by VZX01 View Post
    Last I heard that doesn't work, the first hit to land ends up being the first hit of the WS anyway.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Last I heard that doesn't work, the first hit to land ends up being the first hit of the WS anyway.
    No way to narrow it down further than that. Landing only the first and second hit will require far less weaponskills for something concrete than landing all of them.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    No way to narrow it down further than that. Landing only the first and second hit will require far less weaponskills for something concrete than landing all of them.
    Yeah I picked up on what you said be VZX appeared to be under the impression that Utsusemi would block the first hit, hence my reply. That's a good idea though, will use that when testing Requiescat/Shun.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

For Resolution, getting higher TP helps because it draws ΔfTP further from the supposedly fTP to observable fTP.
    And I just realized that Shun fTP is at 1.00. Are you trying to say the subsequent hit can have value higher or lower than 1.00?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

200TP for any of the weaponskills that start @ 1.0fTP at 100TP and whose damage varies with TP is preferable, yes. You'd also have to find the fTP at 200 if it isn't known already. It wouldn't be possible to see if the fTP carries over to subsequent hits @100TP as it would be 1.0fTP for those subsequent hits whether it does or does not.

From my observations so far, however, only weaponskills that have a starting fTP lower than 1.0 have their fTP carrying over to subsequent hits and in extension the bonus from gorget/belt.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was referring to the accuracy comment. Grim +1 > Twilight, Heafoc > augmented Heca (+1), Beir +1 > Sentry, enjoy having zero accuracy issues in exchange for 9 STR and 39 attack. If you truly believe that'll break Resolution in a comparison to Torcleaver, I would love to see the math on it.

That's fair enough.

Does this make Entropy any better, or does it still suck? I'm gonna be honest, I don't understand most of what you guys are talking about.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Entropy is pretty shit for pure damage, it's more for utility and in that regard has limited usability.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by hexagram23 View Post
    Does this make Entropy any better, or does it still suck? I'm gonna be honest, I don't understand most of what you guys are talking about.
    WS dmg is determined by (Base)(fTP)(pDIF)

Normally, when you do a multi-hit WS, all hits after the first have their fTP set to 1. Thus, if you have a 3 hit WS, two hits will have fTP=1.

These WS seem to act differently because additional hits are turning out to be values other than 1. Instead, they are following the fTP of the initial hit (Though I do not know whether that means fTP at 100% or 300%).

Ok that makes sense. Thanks for the info guys, appreciate it.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by hexagram23 View Post
    Makes it worse actually If it didn't carry over, you'd have 3.75 fTP (3.95 with gorget/belt). Now it's only 3.8 even with gorget/belt.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

GKT will be very easy to test. Just go abyssea and equip all TA atmas and do WS till you proc 2x TA. If following hits carry over fTP of first it would be something like 15.6 FTP. So damage around 12k? Will be easy to notice

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Pointless, was easy enough to test on tigers in batallia downs with only the two natural hits of the weaponskill.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Pointless, was easy enough to test on tigers in batallia downs with only the two natural hits of the weaponskill.
    It was semi joke but w/e XD