+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I got it on Steam during the holiday sale.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Did they give up on the ps3/pc cross-play?

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

No idea there, I have to assume it's on the far back burner at the least. Has there even been any games since Portal 2 that have had it?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Only other game I know of that attempted that was Borderlands 2, but it never happened.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Someone from Skullheart made a PSN account named 'Skullgirls' and started sending PSN PMs to people who were complaining about not getting vouchers yet, I laughed my ass of at that

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

and posted right after that was this;

That is what the official voucher will look like. If you have SG currently, you will have to remove it before you add the new version.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

http://labzerogames.com/voucher-faq/

Were the vouchers sent out already?
    Sony sent out a portion of the vouchers around 9pm Pacific Standard Time on February 11th. This did not cover all owners, and a second batch of vouchers is being sent out tonight (February 12th) around 11PM PST/2AM EST.

Why haven’t I received my voucher yet?
    It’s likely that you were among the portion of Skullgirls owners who did not receive a voucher in the initial batch sent out on February 11th. A second batch of vouchers is being sent out tonight (February 12th) around 11PM PST/2AM EST

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ended up getting my copy shortly before 2AM EST. Filesize of the game is quite smaller than patched vanilla which was a plus. Game also looks better than I remember. Might be the change in monitors since I last played a few months ago.

No lobby support though, so I don't expect online to last too long like last time at least until that and Big Band are patched in.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    If you have SG currently, you will have to remove it before you add the new version.
    Nah, I still have the old one. I think they're just saying don't bother keeping the old version since matchmaking servers and whatnot are probably being taken down.

EDIT: You have to download the squigly unlock separately from the PSN store, idk why, but yeah.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Ended up getting my copy shortly before 2AM EST. Filesize of the game is quite smaller than patched vanilla which was a plus. Game also looks better than I remember. Might be the change in monitors since I last played a few months ago.

No lobby support though, so I don't expect online to last too long like last time at least until that and Big Band are patched in.
    Lobbies on console are tentative for the Eliza patch.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

shots fired

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Huh, was wondering why Steam updated the game. It's an actual playable, not just a joke for the sake of a joke.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

If anyone wants to fuck around with Fukua for shits I came up with a pretty decent bnb, ground string > launch > slight delay j.mp(4 hits) > j.hk > s.lk > s.mp > s.mk > s.hk > j.lp > j.mp(3-4) > j.hk > s.lp > s.mp > s.mk > cr.hp > qcf+hf(all hits) > qcf+kk

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Info re: Fukua, Big Band, and console updates:
    Hello, everyone! We hope you enjoyed playing as Fukua! We've moved her to the PC beta version only for now so we can make some visual tweaks and balance adjustments. She's already got some improvements in there that you can check out right now! We also made her character select icon invisible to give her that "secret character" feel.

We'll decide in the next few days whether or not we'll keep her as a permanent character, and if we do, we'll keep her in beta so she gets plenty of play-testing before we add her to the official game. That INCLUDES PS3 and 360! If she stays, she'll of course be added to consoles, and will always be 100% FREE.

Yesterday, Mike Z took to the Skullheart forums to answer some questions about Fukua: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/whats-up-with-fukua-a-q-a-with-mike-z.2433/
    (For those unaware, if you own Skullgirls on PC, you automatically have access to the Endless Beta! You don't need a special key!)

For those wondering about Big Band and 360version updates:
    - We should hear back from Microsoft any day now. Should've heard back by now, but hopefully by the end of the week
    - Things are looking good on the PS3 side of things for BB and we're just figuring out a couple of specifics w/ Sony.
    When did the idea of Fukua (as a seriously considered addition to the game) first come up?
    MIKE Z: Fukua came from a typo from Brady a long time ago, and he had even done most of the UI assets back then. As a seriously considered addition to the game, last Thursday, so...the...night of the 27th?

How long did it take to go from concept to completion on the character? Were there any ideas that were dropped?
    MIKE Z: Concept to completion was Thursday night, only a few hours on Friday because of Salty prep, most of Saturday, none of Sunday due to some patch problems requiring work, and Monday. Approximately 3 long days of work, with help! (Brady, Brian, Rich, Vince, Jon, Brenton, and Earl you all rock!)

She has no new art, everything is re-used. Her alternate normals are old Filia attacks that were replaced with Samson attacks during SG development - they were also used for Double to differentiate her from Filia the same way - and everything else is a hack job. She re-uses bits of script from Zoner Filia and Grappler Filia, which were alternate green and red skin versions I'd made for the first public Evo demo of SG back before we had a 2nd character. Some people may remember them, possibly even fondly. (Those are the two souls in her April Fools' story, which is not meant to imply anything else.) The divekick-only-on-contact comes from Grappler but it was an idea I had for a long time before that. New ideas were added, and two or three things I didn't have time to do were dropped but they weren't really necessary. I mostly knew how I wanted her to play, so she got things that reinforced that ideal.

The over-3-year-old Zoner and Grappler scripts I reused as starting points worked without any changes, which is the thing I'm happiest about since it means the engine is pretty darn robust.

Should she stay on the roster, will Lab Zero try to implement her into the story (Brain drain clone)? Maybe a story mode?
    MIKE Z: I have no idea if we'd do anything for her story. She's not canon and I don't imagine Alex has much interest in shoehorning her into the SG universe, nor do I imagine anyone wanting to go through the work of creating a full story mode, but what do I know?
    Currently her story is Locked because there's no way to remove a character from that screen and locking it prevents the game from crashing when it tries to read a file that doesn't exist after you pick her. :^P

Fukua serves as something of a, "test," for Robo Fortune, but does she also herald the coming of other Clone/Ex characters somewhere down the line?
    MIKE Z: Fukua doesn't mean jack squat for any other EX characters. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

There were relevant jokes to be made, there was a holiday where such things are encouraged, there was a previous Skullgirls joke to capitalize on, there were old move ideas to begin with if they still worked, there were old unused animations to use as new things, and UI for her already existed. That, and if we're gonna do an April Fools joke it's gonna be whole hog, since everyone always says "Oh that should be a real thing!" So the idea of making a trailer where people would comment "I WOULD SO PLAY HER" and then having them really be able to do that...was irresistible. The perfect storm, minus three nights of sleep.

Is there anything else you wan to add?
    MIKE Z: Consider her a very special bonus. Or don't. But don't hold out hope for anyone else not already announced, and don't bother us either way. :^)

Additional Fukua Info From Mike Z

• Her name is pronounced, "foo-koo-uh." *
    • She will not be getting any new artwork done for her. All her frames will be the result of existing work already done by the art team. *
    • Fukua will eventually get an announcer voice clip for when she's picked on the character select screen. *
    • Fukua will get her own loading screen art. *
    • Fukua will have some kind of effect added to her that help players differentiate between her and Filia. *
    • Fukua will not be a code-unlock character, she will remain on the character select screen. *

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

He’s almost here: Big Band, Skullgirls Encore’s first male character, arrives for free next Tuesday, April 22nd!

Once a regular beat cop known as Ben Birdland, he fell flat when he got on the wrong side of New Meridian’s corrupt police force. Birdland was broken and bent out of shape by his former colleagues, but was tuned up by Dr. Avian and ASG Lab 8. Now he is armed with a full ensemble of pneumatic weaponry, transforming him into the full fortissimo instrument of justice: “Big Band.”

Thanks to the incredible support of Skullgirls’ fans, Big Band is the second of 5 additional characters funded by Lab Zero’s Indiegogo campaign to be added to Skullgirls Encore. Big Band is Skullgirls’s first male character, and lives up to his name with unique gameplay mechanics that take advantage of his tremendous size and musical motif.

Big Band’s a high risk / high reward sort of character – he has a versatile and powerful moveset for just about any situation, but many of his attacks will leave you vulnerable if you miss or misjudge your opponent.

Big Band’s “Bagpipe Blues” taunt actually powers up two of his supers: Super-Sonic Jazz and Tympany Drive. So if you can end a combo and squeeze in a taunt while your opponent is knocked down, the next time you hit could lead into some really huge damage.

Big Band is also the only member of the Skullgirls Encore cast who can parry incoming attacks. He’ll still take a little damage when parrying, but it will give you the opportunity to retaliate against your opponent with a special move or combo.

Of course, Big Band’s also great on a team. He has a number of powerful options for Ensemble Attacks, and one particularly great Blockbuster Attack to use in concert with his comrades in arms.

Finally, he has a Blockbuster attack that allows him to play a custom trumpet solo, which some people have used to create some great videos from the PC beta already!

Coming Soon to PS3: Fukua

On April Fool’s Day, we revealed a “new” character, Fukua.

Now, character reveals on this most hallowed and despised of internet holidays are hardly new, but… we actually added her to the PC version of the game. The joke was that Fukua wasn’t a joke.

Fukua’s name began as a typo of “Filia,” so she’s been built entirely from repurposed Filia frames. But don’t let this fool you, because she plays completely differently from her artistic forebear.

We let our fans decide if they wanted to keep a “clone” character like Fukua in the game, and the answer was a resounding “Yes!” So since her April Fool’s debut, we’ve been testing her in the PC beta, tuning and improving her, and preparing her for primetime.

So in the coming weeks, PS3 Skullgirls Encore players can expect another update, which will add Fukua to the game, completely free!

Sneak Peek: Eliza

The next free DLC character coming to Skullgirls Encore is Eliza, a blood-manipulating, Egyptian-themed lounge singer with a dark secret. While no Skullgirls character lacks for ambition, Eliza may be our most ambitious yet.

Eliza’s concept is that she is a “mummy of flesh” – in place of a skeleton, she hosts a Parasite named Sekhmet, who can even leap out of her body and fight in her stead.

Eliza’s blood control powers lead to some really creative attacks, with blood hippos erupting from the ground to sanguine wings carrying her into the air. Eliza’s attacks and animations are brimming with references to Egyptian mythology, such as her summonable bodyguards, Albus and Horace, who are based on the Egyptian gods Anubis and Horus.

Eliza is still in pre-production, but she’s going to be something special.

In Closing…

So there you have it: Skullgirls’ cast grows again next week with Big Band, completely free! And a few weeks after that, we’ll be adding our April Fool’s character, Fukua, as well!

And don’t forget: the previous DLC character, Squigly, is free until May 6th!

With two free characters currently out now and more on the way, now is a great time to join the Skullgirls community!
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ncore-tuesday/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Encore details for 360
    The PlayStation 3 version of Skullgirls is set to get an update this Tuesday, which will add the free DLC character Big Band to the game. Meanwhile, Lab Zero Games CEO Peter Bartholow said to us on Friday that the Xbox 360 Big Band patch is awaiting approval from Microsoft.

Since then, the Xbox 360 version of Skullgirls has seen a bit of an odd setback.

Yesterday, a Title Update was released for the 360 version of Skullgirls. This update is one of two things needed to update the 360 version to Skullgirls Encore, the current version of the game. The second thing needed is the mandatory Compatibility Pack DLC, which will need to be manually downloaded when it is released.

Thus far, only the Title Update has been released by Microsoft, and it’s causing the game to revert to its original release state with slower load times. Additionally, it can’t be played online. The Compatibility Pack DLC should fix that issue, but just when Microsoft will release it is unknown as of now.

On the upside, it means that the patch has likely been approved. On the downside, everyone’s game is broken until Microsoft releases the Compatibility Pack DLC.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/20...-moment-heres/
    https://www.facebook.com/skullgirls/...?stream_ref=10

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

The game is legit cursed lol

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So Skullgirls is half-off on Steam, and it's getting PS+'d on NA PS3 in May.

Maybe that'll provide them the dosh to buy their way pass Microsoft's stupid 360 policies.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

fwiw I think 360 updated yesterday?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

360 version gets some Love
    XBLA

As with the previous version (Slightly Different Edition), the new update comes in two parts: a forced Title Update, and a Required Compatibility Update DLC that you must download manually.

To complete the transition to Skullgirls Encore…

• Select Skullgirls in your games list, and press X to access “Details”
    • Scroll over to “Extras”
    • Download the Required Compatibility Update
    • Download Squigly and Big Band DLC
    The full update from Labzero;
    Spoiler: show
    It’s been a while since our last update, so let’s get right to it!

The long ordeal of re-releasing Skullgirls on the consoles is finally coming to an end! Skullgirls Encore is now available on US PSN, EU PSN, and XBLA!

Furthermore, we hit another major milestone with the release of Big Band! He’s now available on US PSN, EU PSN, XBLA and Steam. That’s two of the characters you funded, available for download now! So if you haven’t picked up Big Band, be sure to soon!

While there are a few outstanding issues with the EU PSN release that we’re working with SCEE to resolve, the only thing needed to complete this long transition is the finalization of the SCEJ release. In the next few weeks we’ll be releasing a patch containing Fukua and some other fixes, and that version will be the basis of the SCEJ build.

We apologize to our Japanese fans that this transition has taken so long, but we’re nearing the end, and appreciate your continued patience. For our Japanese fans, Squigly and Big Band will arrive at the same time as the rerelease on PSN.

Once the SCEJ release has been completed, we expect future character updates to go much more smoothly.

For those that haven’t transitioned yet to Skullgirls Encore on their console of choice, here’s how to do it:

US PSN

All US PSN purchasers of Skullgirls should have received an XMB message containing a voucher for Skullgirls Encore.

Check your XMB messages – i.e. your message inbox on your PS3 – and click the voucher link, and download the game. Be sure to pick up the free Squigly and Big Band DLC to unlock those characters!

* Squigly’s free-to-buy period of 3 months is over on May 6th, so don’t hesitate to go download her for free! You can download her from the store, or purchase her (for free!) from this link and download her later.

If you purchased Skullgirls from the US PSN Store and have not received an XMB voucher for Skullgirls Encore, please contact indiegogo (at) labzerogames (dot) com with your PSN ID and we’ll help you out.

EU PSN

All EU PSN purchasers of the original Skullgirls were given an “entitlement” for the new version. This is effectively a behind-the-scenes purchase that was added to your PSN account by Sony.

To download Skullgirls Encore, load up the PSN store, check “Downloads” and “Skullgirls Encore” should be in your list. Download them, and you should be all set. And, of course, be sure to download Squigly and Big Band.

Note that in the following European countries, Squigly is not yet available, but Big Band is:

• Austria
    • Belgium
    • Bulgaria
    • Denmark
    • Finland
    • Luxembourg
    • Netherlands
    • Norway
    • Poland
    • Russia
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • Ukraine

We’re working with SCEE to get Squigly released as quickly as possible.

If you are in one of these countries and you’re not seeing Skullgirls Encore in your downloads list, please let us know.

For the most up-to-date information, please follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter, and keep an eye on this forum thread.

JP PSN

While not confirmed yet, the JP PSN transition should function similarly to the EU PSN, in that you’ll receive an “entitlement” for the new release behind-the-scenes.

Once it’s released, to download Skullgirls Encore, load up the PSN store, check “Downloads” and “Skullgirls Encore” should be in your list. Download them, and you should be all set. And, of course, be sure to download Squigly and Big Band.

To make the transition easier, we are working with SCEJ to try and get an XMB message sent out to all purchasers to alert them to the availability of their entitlement.

Again, this summary is speculation based on our discussions with SCEJ and is subject to change.

XBLA

As with the previous version (Slightly Different Edition), the new update comes in two parts: a forced Title Update, and a Required Compatibility Update DLC that you must download manually.

To complete the transition to Skullgirls Encore…

• Select Skullgirls in your games list, and press X to access “Details”
    • Scroll over to “Extras”
    • Download the Required Compatibility Update
    • Download Squigly and Big Band DLC

That’s it for today’s update.

In the coming days we’ll have news about progress on the physical goods, and also distribute updates to the Digital Art Compendium and Original Soundtrack, so keep an eye out for those!

http://labzerogames.com/429-indiegogo-update/