Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

My hopes and dreams are dashed upon the rocks. No way I'm buying a WiiU just for some Bayonetta goodness.

"I've had enough!"

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by GentaiShinigami View Post
    Gotta give it some time man. Everyone always talking about give the Vita time and it has been out the better part of a year now. This consoles not even out and everyone already hatin.

I don't understand the mad Nintendo hate on the net (this is not directed at anyone in particular btw). Did Nintendo do something to the Playstation era youngsters to deserve the burning hatred they seem to hold? They might not have always made the style game you like but thats hardly a reason to dislike them so strongly. They've always been at the top (or very close) of graphics too, barring the Wii, so can't say they always make weak and cheap consoles either. /confused
    Haters just hatin on superiority.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Bayonetta 2 WIIU EXCLUSIVE

Gotta give it some time man. Everyone always talking about give the Vita time and it has been out the better part of a year now. This consoles not even out and everyone already hatin.

I don't understand the mad Nintendo hate on the net (this is not directed at anyone in particular btw). Did Nintendo do something to the Playstation era youngsters to deserve the burning hatred they seem to hold? They might not have always made the style game you like but thats hardly a reason to dislike them so strongly. They've always been at the top (or very close) of graphics too, barring the Wii, so can't say they always make weak and cheap consoles either. /confused
    Where the hell have you been this past console generation? Nintendo has pushed out shovelware after shovelware, desperately whored out stale first party titles, and have purposely ignored to port top notch third party games stateside.

Get Reggie's balls out your mouth, it's no conspiracy Nintendo now has a lot of haters. They're shitty business practices the past few years have completely alienated longtime loyal fans so they can have four year olds play with grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Where the hell have you been this past console generation? Nintendo has pushed out shovelware after shovelware, desperately whored out stale first party titles, and have purposely ignored to port top notch third party games stateside.

Get Reggie's balls out your mouth, it's no conspiracy Nintendo now has a lot of haters. They're shitty business practices the past few years have completely alienated longtime loyal fans so they can have four year olds play with grandma.
    Wow... Nintendo can't stop Barbie from releasing a game on their system or MLP or whoever else wants to make a game. You would consider that shovelware but I'm certain there are little kids that love that shit. Targeting more than one age group should not garner such unreasonable hatred from someone. Sounds like you need to get Kutaragi and Hirai's out of yours cause they got you mad as hell :X

Keep it classy though man =) I'll be over here playing great games of all genres, on whatever system I can, rather than throwing up some fake ass machismo and "hardcore" facade.

Oh, and Nintendo had tons of haters ever since Sega so yeah... the Wii is not the problem. Even Gamecube was unreasonably hated at the time, though it has gained some appreciation these days. Hardcore is like the current day blast processing.

Meh. I firmly believe people would be upset if Bayonetta 2 was an exclusive for any of the new consoles (that don't have any other games we want, as far as we know).

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Bayonetta 2 WIIU EXCLUSIVE

Man stop hiding behind this "hardcore" or this "can't afford" nonsense. The reason the wii sucked is because it sucked, plain and simple. This isn't anything new, I can't even remember the last time I turned on my wii.

Nintendo had the same PR promising third party support when the wii was released and that faded within the first two years. More then likely the same shit is going to happen with the wiiU and then your just left with the latest flavor of Mario/Zelda/Metroid game every other year to look forward too. Pass.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If anything my PS3 hasnt been turned on since early this year. Been playing Xenoblade an Last Story non stop.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

They've always been at the top (or very close) of graphics too, barring the Wii, so can't say they always make weak and cheap consoles either. /confused
    Uh? They haven't been near the top for five+ years and that's 'always?'

In case you're genuinely struggling to grasp reasons why Nintendo has lost a lot of goodwill over the last 5 years:
    NoA's localization record.
    Friend codes.
    Region-locking the 3DS.

for starters

I don't hate Nintendo, but I can sympathize with those who refuse to buy their hardware. I am nevertheless grateful that Bayonetta 2 will see the light of day.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Man stop hiding behind this "hardcore" or this "can't afford" nonsense. The reason the wii sucked is because it sucked, plain and simple. This isn't anything new, I can't even remember the last time I turned on my wii.

Nintendo had the same PR promising third party support when the wii was released and that faded within the first two years. More then likely the same shit is going to happen with the wiiU and then your just left with the latest flavor of Mario/Zelda/Metroid game every other year to look forward too. Pass.
    The Wii didn't really have the hardware to attract the big 3rd Party developers working with the newest engines and architecture.

That won't really be the case this time. All 3 new consoles will be running GPGPUs and they are pretty sure all 3 will be running Unreal4 when it is ready.

I have all 3 consoles - but I don't see the hate towards Nintendo. The Mario/Metroid/Zelda games were fantastic, and I ended up getting to play 2 of the greatest RPG i've ever played in Xenoblade and The Last Story.

Not to mention all of my Nintendo hardware, even my old grey original Gameboy, still work and have never need to be replaced, even after a lot of abuse over the years. Meanwhile my PS3 has had a yellow light of death and a red screen, and I need 2 hands to count the red rings and other issues I've had over the years with 360.

That's why I'm loyal to Nintendo - they make quality shit that works, and if it does break, they replace it with no arguments.

Someones got to make games for kids and families - don't hate on Nintendo for seeing an untapped market and pouncing on it. Don't doubt Sony and MS would of done the same if they would have thought of it first. Nintendo first and foremost thinks of themselves as a toy company, they don't want to be compared to Sony and MS.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

A full on action game doesn't sound like it will be too much fun with a huge ass controller like that.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Wow... Nintendo can't stop Barbie from releasing a game on their system or MLP or whoever else wants to make a game.
    wait, so nintendo doesn't have any licensing and certification process for the wii at all? that's gotta be a first for a major console.

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Uh? They haven't been near the top for five+ years and that's 'always?'

In case you're genuinely struggling to grasp reasons why Nintendo has lost a lot of goodwill over the last 5 years:
    NoA's localization record.
    Friend codes.
    Region-locking the 3DS.

for starters

I don't hate Nintendo, but I can sympathize with those who refuse to buy their hardware. I am nevertheless grateful that Bayonetta 2 will see the light of day.
    Look at what I said again =) I said barring the Wii, which was released 6 years ago. What I said is true. The SNES beat Genesis, N64 beat PS1 in raw graphics (though not in music or data limits but people still argue which had better graphics), Gamecube beat PS2 but not Xbox (hence my "or very close" comment).

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    A full on action game doesn't sound like it will be too much fun with a huge ass controller like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    wait, so nintendo doesn't have any licensing and certification process for the wii at all? that's gotta be a first for a major console.
    So you want them to purposely deny a publisher the ability to sell a game on their system because you don't like the genre/game? That would be horrible... Even those "shovelware" games, hideous as they are, still made nice profits for developers. That's why there were so many of them. Cheap to make and nice returns. Clearly they should stop making money cause peoples gaming sensibilities are assaulted in walmart. Gaming consoles have always had tons of crap games. That very problem damn near killed video games off.

Here, lets make this easier, what do games is it going to take for people to be happy? So far I've seen BLOPS2, Bayonetta 2, ZombiU, a better version of NG3, AC3, Aliens: Colonial blahblah, hordes of lighter games like Mario, Nintendoland, Rayman, Scribblenauts, etc. They even threw in some recent releases too for good measure with Batman and ME3. What's missing - what do you need? Like, some specifics, and not the tired "not ports of old games" arguments.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    The Wiimote+ and Classic Pro are still going to be supported.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    Beautiful.

Ridill
    BG Level

You could do that with anybody's opinions on any subject of any debate and make that side look utterly retarded. (Though some of those people sound retarded without the added voice)

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I didnt know a Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, SSB, Pikmin game came out every other year on the Wii.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

I just don't care for Nintendo games. Some people are still into the same franchises for decades, but i stopped caring for mario, zelda, metroid, etc years ago. It's the same reason i don't play pokemon anymorw. Last time i played that was during gold and silver era, and after that i just didn't care for the franchise anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast