Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    April 26th, 2012 !!!
    He probably read that and came buckets

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Oh noes, someone added me to their ignore list on official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    I didn't even plan on signing up for the test server. I knew it was going to distract me from trying to make progress on my real charaters. But I thought if I ever wanted to use it in the future, I better sign up now. And what do I see when I first log in? Instant 95 on whatever job I want. Instant access to every spell. Instant access to a plethra of items I will never have in the real game including AF2, AF3+2, crazy weapons, and sky/sea items. Instant access to consumable items. Instant skill caps. Though of all of these things you've let one horible thing slip. This is how you intend people to play the game. That wouldn't be so bad if all the things I just mentioned weren't impossible to obtain.

Leveling is a lot better than it used to be, once you get a job in the 70ish range. But getting to that point? Impossible w/o paying someone for a FC PT or spending weeks trying to grind to that point. Even then, trying to get to 30 is a time consuming endeavor. Of all the things I plan on mentioning, this is the esiest, but it's still too time consuming and distracts from making actual progress in the game. Especially, for example, when BLMs are required to take up BRD just to proc.

Utsumei Ni is still over 1mil. That is the most agregious example but there are still plenty of ones like Raise 3, Phalanx, and High tier / procing BLM spells. Where are we supposed to get the gil for all of this?

The items are what hurt me the most. There is no way to get any of them unless you con a LS in to getting them for you. There are jobs like PLD, SMN and RDM that require these items to even be playable. No LS or person is going to help you get anything they want for themselves. Then there are consumable items that are so expensive I can't even level NIN or RNG for a main and I haven't even touched PUP just because I can't afford the expense to even try it.

IDK anyone with max parrying or max guard skill, let alone both. I also have trouble believeing anyone has taken a wep not native to their main job past 200. I tried for days to get past 200 with staff, club, dagger, polearm and greatsword with my PLD. The mobs are either too weak and will give no skill ups or too tough and won't give skill ups. I have sience given up.

I know you can't make the real game as easy as the test server but there has to be some kind of happy medium. Most of this could be fixed by making it easier for people who need a PT to find each other or giving multiple drops for PTs that all want the same thing. I had an idea for this that went ignored.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Bulliten-Board

But ultimatly access to all these things are up to you. IDC how you do it, but if these are all the things one needs to play the game as you intend, then you need to make them easier to get. Even though I've been playing seince 2004 and have multinple 90s, (sarcasim)I'm just an english speaking n00b(/sarcasim) and my ideas are not welcome.

Link: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...the-real-game.

FFXI is still hard guys!!

And this is in response to my post:

Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    I've done all of this. CoP I did up to mission 6 pre nerf with my hume and taru. They're both on 8-5 now. Mithra has up to mission 2 done before the first capped nerf way back when. The fact is the stuff you need PT for requires willing participants who are able to do their job. When I'm in a pt, I never find enough people who are both. And when you factor in willing to let me have the items I need, the amount of qualifying players decreases even further. For the record, the only people who are saying it's too easy are mentally ill elitist scum who don't have the capacity for sympathy and want everyone to suffer as they did. I'm trying to make the world a better place. Welcome to the ignore list.

Now tell me, which one of you guys is trolling here D:

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hey! Hes just trying to make the world a better place u elitist scum!

Seriously wtf is with people turning into starcade.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Apparently if we can make money we're elitist scum? He mad?

Stupid people in large numbers feed off each others stupidity.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I had all my combat skills over 200 on WAR (so a lot) back before my war even hit 75 (my first 75) lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kimara View Post
    Apparently if we can make money we're elitist scum? He mad?
    If we have friends to do stuff with, we're elitist scum too! Mentally ill ones at that!

Now where's Krystal, I'm mentally ill, I need a psychologist! Or was it psychiatrist?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

God, so much stupid in two posts, and using Keiji Inafune's moniker as a username to boot. My brain is bleeding and crying at the same time.

And, as if to prove my point, The Crimson_Slasher rides into the Thread, here to save RDM Melee-ery with Brilliant Ideas!! and heretofore Unheard of Brillianter Deduction!!!1!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post191393

Fuck. I just bought Disgaea 4, and now I have to spend my days off dealing with this shit.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by TybudX View Post
    And, as if to prove my point, The Crimson_Slasher rides into the Thread, here to save RDM Melee-ery with Brilliant Ideas!! and heretofore Unheard of Brillianter Deduction!!!1!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post191393

Fuck. I just bought Disgaea 4, and now I have to spend my days off dealing with this shit.
    Fuck, now that I know Disgaea 4 exists, I have to buy it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Aureus View Post
    Fuck, now that I know Disgaea 4 exists, I have to buy it.
    Totally off topic, but do it, the new visual style alone is worth it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku_Asura View Post
    Oh sweet Jesus... I had no idea about the BG meme category... I now have something to do for the next hour Q_Q
    Memes have been fairly untouched for quite a while if anyone would like to be curator of the meme section.

I think the most recent addition was when I did this to test out the Create-O-Matic:

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/images/c/c...escription.png

I miss Michaera and Ryphen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mairja View Post
    Now tell me, which one of you guys is trolling here D:
    Well, if you are from BGForums, you are automatically a troll over there. Didn't you know that we just make up everything here?

Off topic, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Totally off topic, but do it, the new visual style alone is worth it.
    I love that they have an option to use "Classic Sprites", and making such a big deal about the Super Graphics! which are terrible as far as ps3 is concerned. Graphics be damned, I wouldn't still be playing ffxi if I wasn't a game play whore. I'm glad there are companies out there that actually understand this.

Maybe I'll post my latest creation that is about to get moderated. Going for my 5th temp ban from the forums, this time in the C&B thread:

Quote Originally Posted by me, making fun of lolkorpg
    There is absolutely no difference between paying anyone $12.50 per month or $25 per 2 months, because you will still receive the service for 2 months at the value of $25.
    We aren't paying $25 for their service. We are paying $25 (or whatever) for Cryta. Remember saying this?

Assuming that they will get that much even, they will receive an extra $635,495.90 (using your example) this month but lose $635,495.90 in the next month, so they basically break even. And so do you!
    That isn't how it works. They get all that money... and they keep it. They aren't breaking even. They are coming ahead, because that money is money they can use right now, and they can start using it for whatever they want right now, which makes it more valuable.

We aren't paying cash for access to FFXI anymore, we are paying cash for Crysta.

Sinking in yet? It doesn't matter that it's 2.05 to each of us. When added up it's a significant sum of money, and they are getting it earlier than they normally would. So going back to GGs example, it's not how much you have it's when you have it. Lets say you were offered three choices.

You could wait 12 months and get 12 million.
    You could get paid 1 million every month for 12 months.
    You could get paid 12 million once at the start of 12 months.
    You could get paid 11 million at the start of 12 months, and 1 million during the 2nd month.

Now, go ahead and think about how badly you are going to backpedal and bullshit your way around saying that the 3rd option isn't a fucking no-brainer. I threw that 4th one in there to show just how asinine your ideas are. I mean, are you really going to say that investing money sooner and for longer periods of time is a worse decision than investing money later for a shorter period of time?
    edit - f'ing typo

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Think you typo'd there on the second option.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

That LB quest thread hurt my head

That I did.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

korpg being korpg again
    lolkorpg
    stfu korpg
    tinfoil hat
    tinfoilkorpg

The tags are so much more fun than anything else on those forums :D

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Korpg is defiantly good for a lol. Apparently something happened with him and BG? I dunno but he seems to not like it very much! XD

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 164 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast