Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 114 154 162 163 164

I knew Jinghles aka Jingy from Ifrit, my original server

he was a pretty nice guy, loved MNK to no end but refused to level past his capped guard level despite my insistence on the ease of capping it at later levels

he convinced parties to let him tank which went well until part way through Bibiki Bay around 41 or so,and he tried XPing on DC's EM's and the occasional T but that didn't go so well and people grew impatient so he resorted to solo stuff

I admired his passion but a lot of people rejected his efforts to break outside the box. He had new and untraditional ideas about ffxi without being absolute garbage like Urat or that one french guy, I forget his name (not Pchan, he had some AV theories back in the day)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Howie Roary View Post
    I admired his passion but a lot of people rejected his efforts to break outside the box. He had new and untraditional ideas about ffxi without being absolute garbage like Urat or that one french guy, I forget his name (not Pchan, he had some AV theories back in the day)

I think that was still Urat

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Urat had theories which were nothing new and was the result of not reading existing theories.

I think Howie Roary is mentioning the guy from Apathy LS, server Remora? I don't remember his name, but he posted very coherently. Not sure if he was french though.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Howie Roary View Post
    He wasn't lynched for trying to be different. In fact, Motenten, a few others and I had specifically tried to help him when he started out. He wanted to know mob level ranges, so I handed him all the charts; he wanted to understand how to skill up ideally, so I explained targeting specific mob ranges, and so on, so forth. He then went on to say he "didn't trust" those sources (despite their being based on the elementary /check system) and wanted to rebuild everything from scratch. That was when we started to get exasperated. Then he went on into believing in moon phases, that AGI enhances Guard, and a bunch of other bonkers nonsense, and then he went all head-of-the-cult bananas on everyone.

Jinghles deserves every bit of his reputation as a nutball.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Philosophic question for you here: is it better to be terrible on the merits of your own first-handed terribleness, or to be terrible thanks to second-hand info from others? I can't decide!

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Philosophic question for you here: is it better to be terrible on the merits of your own first-handed terribleness, or to be terrible thanks to second-hand info from others? I can't decide!
    http://t6ak.roblox.com/39edc3344010df986800714a9d2e2372