• Rainbow Dash

39 23.08%
  • Pinkie Pie

20 11.83%
  • Rarity

20 11.83%
Closed Thread
Page 184 of 190 FirstFirst ... 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Looks like this season could have a well needed twist to it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Heh, I still haven't even finished watching season 4 yet. I just up and quit everything on a whim and never looked back lol.

BG Level

It went downhill for a bit after Pinkie Pride, but kinda bounced back.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

So this happened...

BG Level

Even by Fluffle's standards that was pretty random

In other news: Hub going bye-bye, becoming Discovery, still playing pony toons as Hasbro still has control of most of time slots from 9AM-prime time evening.

MLP Annual Comic fun read, derailed by putting fan cameo of brony who called for censorship of fan content.

Season 5 ~ six months away. The long hiatus marches on.

BG Level

Eh, IDW pretty much pandered the living hell out of that comic with how many cameos they put in it. Though I'm still surprised how ignorant that artist was that added them. Fun drama on /mlp/ at least.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Did any offical source give a more specific date to when season 5 actually starts besides 2015? Does it premier after the mid season break or something.

BG Level

Not really. Only news I can find lately is the cancer known as Rainbow Rocks.

EDIT: To clarify, it was some Tumblr using being a bitch to someone on the show or something like that then they gave vague response about S5 and 6 months from now. I find it hard to believe it would take that long to make the S5, even if they took time off for Rainbow Rocks (Why did that have to come into existence?) it still seems like a hell of a stretch.

EDIT 2: Ted Anderson (Guy who made the comic mentioned above) was fired it seems.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Saw Rainbow Rocks, since it was floating around various sites. Better then the first movie. I kind of liked it a lot more then I thought I would. Now I get why there so many Sunset Shimmer fans latly.

BG Level

I still don't think I can bring myself to see it. The designs still look horrible.

Though I guess it can't be as stupid as the drama that happened with Ted Anderson being "fired". I use that term lightly since he was a freelancer.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Today marks the 4th anniversary of FiM~ 4 long years since Twilight started her quest for friendship. And 4 years since some guys on 4chan watched it for the lulz and founded a whole fandom ^^
    We survived derpygate, season 3 and all the other drama topics that were said to "ruin everything forever"...
    Let's see if it can last another 4 years and beyond ^^

Oh, and if anyone (besides corr) hasn't seen RR yet and wants to, here's a decent quality cinema rip.
    Story's pretty flat and foreseeable, RD is the usual egocentric bitch, but at least some of the songs are good. Wasn't that bad, but I don't think I can call it good either...

BG Level

Let's also honor those we've lost along the way. You won't be forgotten, Molestia/Fighting Is Magic.

Also, rumors on IMDB state the S1 premiere will be about Twilight still trying to adjust to being a princess. Let's hope that turns out to be a load of bullcrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Let's also honor those we've lost along the way. You won't be forgotten, Molestia/Fighting Is Magic.

Also, rumors on IMDB state the S1 premiere will be about Twilight still trying to adjust to being a princess. Let's hope that turns out to be a load of bullcrap.
    Wouldn't shock me.

"Oh, hey, we stuffed the power of four alicorns into one and had you go Super Friendship Saiyan on Tirek, and now you have your own Fortress of Friendshiptude in the middle of Ponyville. Did we mention it sees all like the Eye of Sauron? You're responsible for that, BTW."

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pu...-Zero_2541.jpg

Clock keeps ticking.

BG Level

I am kind of hoping they do something new since it feels like they shoved Twilight to the side since they have no clue how to deal with her being shoehorned as a princess, so almost every episode she's the focus of is her still trying to find her place. Though at the same time I can't really blame the writers though since Hasbro forced this onto them.

Also, Discovery just laid off everyone working for The Hub.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/my...ve-1201334144/

Hype ignition sequence has commenced.

BG Level

I'm still not sure if they're trolling the fandom or if Hell froze over. I thought the only thing Hasbro would do in terms of movies is continue to crap out EQG.

Speaking of the movie, Family Guy or TBS decided to try and attention whore off of it. Spoiling since yeah, Family Guy...:

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yea its real on several people involved have posted about it on their twitter. Looks like they confirmed a feature length movie with theatrical release, 2017 with the mane 6 ponies gen 4, not EqG. They got Joe Ballarini to write the script but the only notable movie he has written was, Ice Age: Continental Drift. Meghan McCarthy will be a co-producer on it.

3 years seems like such a long time. Guess they are trying to make something of higher quality then EqG. Will the show even be popular still and have new episodes by then? I wish they would of got M.A. Larson or Amy Keating Rogers to write it instead of some random guy who only wrote an ice age sequel. I'll go see it on the first day its out, but it would sure be embarrassing since I have no kids lol

BG Level

Honestly, as long as the fandom still exists and the cashcow is still flowing, Hasbro will exploit the living hell out of this franchise as much while shoehorning everything they can into it regardless of quality (Everyone I know pretty much agrees the show has went into a new direction since the end of S2 and not as good as it was back then).

Anyway who cares? More Fluffle:

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    More Fluffle:
    Ditto: