+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: September 11, 2011     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

September 11, 2011

Kinda surprised no one made a thread yet..figured I might as well..

Just kind of a post to see where people were, what they thought, and/or how it has affected them even today.

I remember I was a junior in HS. And rumors started buzzing around that a small plane had hit the WTC. I remember 2nd period I had a computer programming class and the entire time, all 15-20 of us were on yahoo and stuff trying to find out what was going on. I remember it wasn't until 930-1000 that people started realizing @ school what was happening. By the end of the day, every TV in the classrooms was on coverage of it.

I was also a Junior Firefighter (a program one of our Volunteer depts. had in town for 15-17 y.o to learn about it and do some training and stuff. I remember that day and for the next week, as soon as I was outta school, we would go up there and just watch what was going on, on TV. I remember, maybe a day or 2 after, a bunch of us (6-10 people) talked about going down there to help with the clean-up, but in the end we didn't, i don't remember why. The Manhatten Fire Dispatch frequency was also our town's fireground frequency, and we can hear it up here (we're about 85-90miles away). We would turn it on and it would just be constant communications.

I can't believe its already been 10 years, and though I didn't know anyone directly involved in the events, it still makes me quite sad when I think about everything that happened that day, in NYC, DC, and in Pennsylvania.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

It was a conspiracy

I saw the second plane crash before leaving for school in the morning. Was pretty chaotic at school.

Buddy came up to me during school and was like "Hey dude, people are flying planes into shit, let's get outta school." So we left. it was fun.

We got questioned the next day by counselors as to why we left, and we said it was because it was messed up and we didn't wanna be in school, they thought we were sad or something.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

it was tough here in nyc. I was just a kid in middle school, hard to believe it's been 10 years.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I overslept and missed the news breaking. It's the last significant event I can remember where I didn't know about it immediately, or very soon after.

I think I woke up about 2 hours after the second plane hit. I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, but I would have liked to see how the internet culture of today would have reacted to something like that.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

hard to believe its been 10 years, thats fo sho. i will actually be seeing fire chief richard picciotto speaking this weekend, he was in one of the towers during the collapse

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

I lost a few family friends that day, my uncle was actually suppose to be in one of the towers that day but for some reason he missed whatever he was suppose to be doing. As ignorant as it sounds, the aftermath of it all has made me pretty jaded. Specifically the video clips of all the Arabs burning the American flag and partying in the streets. "But not all of us are terrorists"; Then your general community shouldn't be cheering at acts of terror. It gives off the wrong vibe.

I was working in Washington DC... when the news hit they let everyone go home, and traffic was pretty much a deadlock that it took me 5 hours to get home instead of the usual 45 minutes.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I was in 6th grade and they assembled everyone and told us what happened. Then my mom came and picked up me and my friend.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I was in college, in my first class, when people came in. Honestly, I thought it was some hoax on the internet or was an accident. Only the first plane had hit at the time. It was kind of freaky to be honest.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I was in EN101 watching the second plane hit. Teacher turned off the TV and told us to get to work, class told her to fuck off. Great times.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was a Junior in HS when it happened. You could see the smoke and shit out the window while it was burning. They canceled school and we left.

I'll never forget subway had a commercial that ran only that day that was a black screen with the text "we're so sorry for everything that happened today. eat subway" and it made me rage. Guess they pulled that shit pretty fast.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

6th grade, the TV was on for the school's stupid, whatever you want to call it. They had the news on. The day pretty much proceeded as normal.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Odon View Post
    Specifically the video clips of all the Arabs burning the American flag and partying in the streets. "But not all of us are terrorists"; Then your general community shouldn't be cheering at acts of terror. It gives off the wrong vibe.
    Wait is this comment serious? Cause I don't wanna bother if you're just baiting in a 9/11 thread.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    Wait is this comment serious? Cause I don't wanna bother if you're just baiting in a 9/11 thread.
    I'm completely serious.

BG Level

And I'm not saying I think all Muslims are terrorists or anything, I just think that was complete bullshit and it's left me jaded in regards to people. I was only in 7th grade at the time so it left an impression on me.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'll never forget subway had a commercial that ran only that day that was a black screen with the text "we're so sorry for everything that happened today. eat subway" and it made me rage. Guess they pulled that shit pretty fast.
    That's actually kind of funny in a what the fuck were they thinking kind of way. I woke up and turned on the news just after the first plane hit. I kept thinking I was watching a movie or something. Then the second plane hit. I sat and watched tv until I had to leave for work.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

School had just started about a week ago. I was a sophomore then in HS. Woke up just like any other day. Tired, didn't want to go eat breakfast early (stomach didn't like that @ 6:30AM). Mother was already up. TV was on. News would always be on in the morning just like every morning since I've been going to elementary.

Glanced at the tele and saw a building with smoke coming out from it. Didn't think nothing of it. Didn't recognize the building. Couldn't really see much since I didn't have my glasses on. Mother was too busy as always to notice anything was going on. Actually asked me what's happening. I said nothing much. Looks like some building's on fire again. Didn't even fucking know they were covering New York. Volume was low on the tele so didn't hear much at all. Mother probably realized what exactly was going on once she got back from dropping me and my sis off and had time to sit and watch the news. Plus it was like on every channel.

Meanwhile I'm at school hanging at the usual spot with me and my friends and some other guys before school starts. I was still in the middle of waking up and heard them make some comments on end of the world/being attacked/school shutting down? etc etc. Then during 1st period (world history) it became apparent what my friends were talking about when my professor decided to discuss about what's going on/let us see the news. Unlike some of the other teachers I had that said it sucks what's going on today in the world but yous have to do yourz Algebra 2 bishes.

Horrible day in US history.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Was a junior undergrad when it happened, I was asleep when the first plane hit. My roommates told me someone bombed the WTC, and I figured it was another van in the parking garage sort of thing, and went back to sleep. Woke up an hour later to everybody glued to the TV. Couldn't believe the pictures of the second plane hitting. I remember one bitch professor actually held class that afternoon and was going on and on about how JFK being shot was a huge tragedy and was very dismissive of the whole thing. The professor of my next class was retired Navy, and told us all to go home. Spent the rest of the day on AIM making sure my friends in NYC and DC were okay.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

4th or 5th grade, didn't know what the World Trade Centers were. A teacher came in the room and let ours know that something had just hit the WTC. I didn't know what they were, so it didn't really phase me at all. I don't remember what happened between then and getting home, but my mom was crying on her bed. Our uncle had been there, and didn't make it out, which she didn't find out until later.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast