+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Chrian View Post
    I took a break for a bit and played dragon nest, vanquishing was getting to me , but sure what do you want to do?
    I just hit 20 and am at Augury Rock and need to do my Ascended missions. Also need max armor, but was gonna wait til next town to do that since it has the Star Tattoo armor.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

If you have Factions get free max armor there by farming some items. That's how I did it because didn't have much gold at first, the only disadvantage is you can't put insignia on it. Runes work though.

Or alternatively, just buy max armor in Kaineng from Armorer NPC. Either way it's faster than following Prophecies campaign and will make it easier to actually do the rest of Prophecies campaign. You can only buy max armor for first time at Droknar's I think in proph.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
    If you have Factions get free max armor there by farming some items. That's how I did it because didn't have much gold at first, the only disadvantage is you can't put insignia on it. Runes work though.

Or alternatively, just buy max armor in Kaineng from Armorer NPC. Either way it's faster than following Prophecies campaign and will make it easier to actually do the rest of Prophecies campaign. You can only buy max armor for first time at Droknar's I think in proph.
    I haven't done like anything in Factions, is he fairly accessible to me?

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

are you in kaieng city?

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ok. Got my max armor and dyed it to make my chick look all pretty. Back to Augury Rock~. Thanks Chrian for helping me out with armor costs.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Cool, grats.

Now get some survivor insignia, stat runes etc. And by doing proph storyline you will also get a chance to infuse your armor. Result = you now have the best armor available in the game.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I'm playing here and there. Got up to 28/50 and my last 2 points for all item rewards won't be hard so in not rushing things anymore. I'll probably keep going as far as I can but I'll probably be playing more sc2 again or just playing my paragon with my gf rather than all out grinding now. Can still find me on Eanae Romoji when I'm on.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Will be leaving for work but will be back in like 3 hours if anybody's gonna be on and wants to do stuff. Still need to finish 2 of my Ascension missions, but we can also do whatever. Just want to get back into the game is all.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Originally posted this in the Guild Wars 2 thread, to which it was relevant until this thread was created. Now it belongs here. It's just so true!

The top five Guild Wars features we take for granted
    by Rubi Bayer Oct 12th 2009 at 5:00PM

Guild Wars was my introduction into MMO gaming. My husband heard of it on a podcast and decided to check it out. I got curious, asked him if I could try it, and never looked back. My outgoing, chatty personality combined with my love of computer games made MMO gaming an irresistible new world to explore. With all the recent (long-awaited) news of Guild Wars 2, this seemed like a great time to take a look back at some of the features of Guild Wars that are rarely found in other games of its type.

5. No Downtime for Patches.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively...00-rb-1012.jpg
    The Guild Wars update screen; don't blink, or you might miss it.

While you're sitting around on a Monday morning (every other week sometimes) waiting for your Final Fantasy XI update, or every Tuesday for your World of Warcraft updater to patch, just think about the fact that Guild Wars players don't ever have to deal with something like that. "A new build of Guild Wars is available." We see the green message, log out, and are back within minutes with the update. What about server downtime for problems? With a very, very few notable exceptions, it's nearly nonexistent. It's pretty easy to take for granted the absence of something, but this is a huge perk that Guild Wars offers. How does ArenaNet do this? That's one of the great mysteries of the game that arguably may have one of the best server teams and configurations ever.

4. Map Travel

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively...p1-rb-1012.jpg
    A portion of the Canthan map; 1/5 of the game-world

"Hey, guess what? My mom showed me how to map travel the other day! It's amazing!" says young Mauban in the Map Travel Inventor quest, a part of Nightfall. He's right, it's pretty great. Map travel -- instant teleporting to any town or outpost that you have walked to once -- was created to help eliminate the need for mounts, and has really spoiled us as GW players. I got teased a bit recently for complaining about the horribly long run to a dungeon. "Ugh, it takes a half hour!" After a while, you get so used to it you forget what a great feature it is. Map traveling allows you to get where you are going right away, and get started playing, and isn't that why we're there?

3. Instanced Worlds

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively...q1-rb-1012.jpg
    A few common Hall of Monuments trophies

This is probably the biggest feature that turns traditional MMOers off, but there are advantages to be had beyond the initial feeling that "it's not an MMO if it's instanced." In a persistent world, there are queues for bosses, unnaturally-timed respawns and a feeling that you're just another cog in the wheel. With an instanced environment, there's more a feeling of accomplishment that you just won't find in that traditional persistent zone. Eventually, ArenaNet took this one step further with the introduction of vanquishing. Vanquishing is a way for a party to entirely clear a zone of its inhabitants in Hard Mode. Once that area is completely cleared out, it is marked as Vanquished on your map, and you can continue working towards the Vanquisher titles for each chapter's maps. There's something about vanquishing an area and reclaiming those lands for your people that really pulls you into the story.

2. The ArenaNet Business Model

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively...e-sms-1009.jpg

An MMO with no subscription fees was a highly unusual concept back when Guild Wars was introduced [and it still is], and turned out to be a great idea over time. A free-to-play game is more attractive to the casual gamer, because there's no pressure to make sure you're getting your money's worth every single month. "Casual gamer" equals "wider audience", which equals sales. In addition, the f2p model was pretty attractive to those who were considering the game but weren't quite sure about it. A one time expenditure made it worth a try, and gave them a chance to see what a beautiful game it was. It obviously worked through two new chapters and an expansion, and these days you can find a few rogue game developers following in the footsteps of ArenaNet everywhere you look.

1. One Server. One, Single Server.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively...man-rb-124.jpg

Aion's recent issues with server queues gave us a new appreciation for the Guild Wars single-server format. Aion struggled for a solution - rolling out new servers, temporarily disabling character creation on some servers, and ultimately offering a free one time change to selected servers. While Aion players were queueing for hours to log in, those of us in Guild Wars were enjoying playtime on one server, hopping districts in a matter of seconds if things became a bit crowded and bogged down. There is no "Okay, I'm creating my character. What server are you on?", we just log in and play. The convenience of being able to switch characters at will and still join all of your friends, and jump districts if overcrowding or lag becomes a problem, is a luxury that most MMOs don't offer. Guild Wars has been referred to as MMO-lite, and that may be a pretty apt term for it.

But when ArenaNet launched the game, they brought some groundbreaking new ideas to the table, and a new approach to a lot of MMO standards. That outlook is one of the things that's helped keep Guild Wars fun for over four years, and it's the reason that Guild Wars 2 holds such great promise.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Are Guild Wars keys region specific? If I could buy that off that site and use on my EU NCSoft account that'd cost me almost less than a half than getting of EU sites ^^;
    It seems to me that they are. Amazon Germany (amazon.de) has pretty cheep offers for Guild Wars stuff, Trilogy for 20 euros, Factions, Nightfall and Eye of North for 9 Euros each.

I'm in a EU guild and more company would probably be welcome. My main char's name is "Lumi Fuzz".

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Half price for Guild Wars 1 Trilogy and Eye of the North

http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joy...norama_425.jpg

This coming weekend, ArenaNet will offer the original Guild Wars Trilogy and its expansion, Eye of the North, for half price. The trilogy is $14.99 and Eye of the North is $9.99. $25 for the whole package is a killer deal. The sale runs from November 25 at 12:01 AM PST through November 28 at 11:59PM PST only in the NCSoft Store and the Guild Wars in-game store.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think I might be tempted enough to get it, since GW2 seems like it won't actually show up until around summer. I probably won't start playing it for a bit, since I'm still working on a small backlog of games I want to finish first (mostly some of the flurry of games that came out the last couple months), but I think I might be swayed to actually purchase it. ~

Kinda wish Eye of the North had dropped to $5, since Amazon has had it at $10 for ages, but eh. Unless Steam or Amazon decides to put them up for sale then the trilogy for $15 is probably the best we'll get.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You're right, the noteworthy sale there is the Trilogy. I thought I was getting a good deal in 2009 when I tracked down each individual campaign for a total of $25 bucks (or $8.33 each). I got Prophecies and Eye of the North from Newegg.com for 10 bucks (they have since sold out "Platinum Edition") and then purchased Nightfall and Factions for around $10 each. This is $5 each. Comes out to the same total I paid ($25), but it's still a pretty good deal for about 1.5 years worth of somewhat-casual gameplay. lol.

tol

If anybody is still playing I've shaken off the dust of my old account and if i'm on im usually down to do whatever. I don't mind helping new folk with questions or assistance.

Char name is: Kage Bookah

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Haven't played in a while but I should probably grab my last 2 points to 30 sometime soon.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

mesmer

SPUULY
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

so don't suppose there's anyone up for the fight against Shiro. I believe it's the final fight in factions. My friend and I are having troubles using our hero's/henchman in the fight, of course it may be because we're out of practice too.if anyone's up for the fight let me know. The character I'm using right now is Liana Cerlia

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

NM or HM?

SPUULY
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

just NM right now, working on completing the campaigns atm.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

If you get back online I can help.