+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Since I quit FFXI I actually have time to devote to this now, anybody still play somewhat regularly?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

HoM thread moved for discussion on obtaining the GW2 rewards.

Here's my HoM if anyone has any questions: http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAASAEIAAAAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    HoM thread moved for discussion on obtaining the GW2 rewards.

Here's my HoM if anyone has any questions: http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAASAEIAAAAAAA
    Sweet, here is mine what do you suggest I can do thats easy and not too time consuming to add some points. Doesnt matter if I hit 30 or not just wondering.

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAPKMAAAAAAAA

tol

Buy some cloths of the brotherhood (they are cheap as hell) or alternatively farm glint's challenge for 1 per win. Upgrade 3 of your heroes armor with that to get 10 Companion Statues(1HoM)
    I can't see which mini pets you own but you can most likely still pick up 7 new ones for relatively cheap. Just make a list of what you have, double check it with the list from birthday years 1-5 and try and score the ones you don't have (1st years being cheaper than 5th ect). That would get you 30 Miniature Statues (1HoM)
    Also while not particularly easy, the Black Moa Chick would fill the Unique Miniature Statue (1HoM) or if you have a lot of money you could even just outright buy it or buy a celestial mini.

a little bit more time based but not bad compared to everything else: finish your protector titles by clearing the primary/secondary objectives for the missions in tyria,cantha,elona. 2 protector titles would get you enough for 5 Statues (Full Display) (3HoM)

That would put you at 29/30, some of the others are kind of time sinks though so just depends what you want to do.

If you do infact have a lot of money; you can buy oppressors/tormented weapons. If you find yourself with extra time and want to finish off to 30/50 you could invest some time in completing War in Kryta and you will collect war supplies along the way to buy your own oppressor weapon.

No money havent played in ages, if I had I could def try for more mini pets

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Cap hero monument for sure (+3 to 26). Then I'd go grab a tormented and an oppressor weapon. (+2 to 28) Then get 2 more titles. (+3 to 31).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You people are never on when I log in. >(

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

HOM rewards in GW2 will be tied to your GW1 account right and not just one individual character's HOM? My character was Reiku Dragonheart, a Warrior. I haven't played really in over 3.5 years, but I would like to get some of this stuff as well. Also why is everyone stopping at 30 when you can go to 50? @.@

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yep, account wide afaik (wiki says: The GW2 rewards will be available for all the characters on your GW2 account; they are free to generate and infinite amounts of each item can be created)

Also, because after 30 you only get some titles, no more extra items: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hall_...ard_Calculator

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I was going to go till 50, then aion went free and gf talked me into playing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

some skins/pets look pretty cool - too bad i didnt play gw1

edit: Is it hard to get 'em all starting from 0? How much time would it take?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There are guides in the frickin OP.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    There are guides in the frickin OP.
    An den?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by supercoco View Post
    some skins/pets look pretty cool - too bad i didnt play gw1

edit: Is it hard to get 'em all starting from 0? How much time would it take?
    It took me about 2 months of playing about 4-5 hours a day to get my 30 points starting from scratch. Granted, I did everything by myself for the most part, since my guild was pretty small. The first 15-20 points you can get pretty fast. It starts to get grindy after that.

Edit: I was going to go for 50 too, but the amount of time and the mountain of platinum you need is pretty ridiculous for someone that is starting from scratch. I got to 35 and could probably get to 40 by finishing "easy" grind titles like cartographer and skill hunter and then getting a few more oppressor/destroyer weapons, but I really don't feel like grinding just for a title.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

The titles are honestly the worst part of the HoM. Money starts to come by so easily as long as you do some dailies.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

This is a long thread, so I apologize for asking a dumb question; but do I just need one of the original campaigns (like Nightfall for example) and EotN to access the HOM?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
    This is a long thread, so I apologize for asking a dumb question; but do I just need one of the original campaigns (like Nightfall for example) and EotN to access the HOM?
    This is correct.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

If I had to give you an order to do campaign things:

Nightfall up to master of whispers

Obtain Olias

Eotn to get Xandra and Livia. Xandra is from the Norn arena. Simply beat her to get her. Livia is obtained from the Asuran quest line.

This gives you three monks, three necros, and a ritualist. I use this build. It's a bit dated but very noob friendly: http://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars/co...the_fuck_away/

From here I'd smash through campaigns in this order: factions - nightfall - eotn - prophecies. From there the guide on the OP is pretty good at helping you finish up your HoM.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Thank you very much! We'll see if the wife doesn't make me feel guilty for buying it first...that's the first obstacle. Any guides for that?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    If I had to give you an order to do campaign things:

Nightfall up to master of whispers

Obtain Olias

Eotn to get Xandra and Livia. Xandra is from the Norn arena. Simply beat her to get her. Livia is obtained from the Asuran quest line.

This gives you three monks, three necros, and a ritualist. I use this build. It's a bit dated but very noob friendly: http://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars/co...the_fuck_away/

From here I'd smash through campaigns in this order: factions - nightfall - eotn - prophecies. From there the guide on the OP is pretty good at helping you finish up your HoM.
    This is a good strategy; however, unless you really want to play as a paragon or dervish, I would start in factions because the newbie area is the shortest there, and then jump over to nightfall. Ritualist is also a great job to play as if you are only interested in filling up your HoM. They can be buffers, healers, and/or dps and are great for solo farming.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast