FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Yeah that's not a bad idea at all either. Especially useful to get into DoA runs as well.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Started a Ritualist with my friend (also a ritualist). We're gonna be playing through Factions first. In-game name for that character is Kuishen Shinamari.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

which subclass should i learn for my ritualist?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Really doesn't matter. You'll be mainly using spirits.

tol

spirit spamming is so effective but oh so very boring

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by tol View Post
    spirit spamming is so effective but oh so very boring
    Yeah, usually when I am by myself I run an Arcane Echo DwG Tanking build. It's a lot more fun than spamming Signet of Spirits all day.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by supercoco View Post
    which subclass should i learn for my ritualist?
    I went /necro, my friend went /mesmer. Necro adds a bit more flavor to things in the early levels but as Eanae said, you'll mainly be a spirit spammer for most of your shit.

Also can you only have one spirit of the same type out at the same time, even with multiple ritualists? I was noticing that early on when my friend was using Pain and then I used it, his disappeared. Or are we doing something wrong? If that's the case I might just go full necro and let him be the spirit spammer.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Yes only one spirit type per group. You'll want to split your spirits you use between yourselves.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Also can you only have one spirit of the same type out at the same time, even with multiple ritualists? I was noticing that early on when my friend was using Pain and then I used it, his disappeared. Or are we doing something wrong? If that's the case I might just go full necro and let him be the spirit spammer.
    Yes one spirit with the same name within radar range (your compass). It's common for one person to have a skillbar with only Channeling Magic spirits (& SoS) and another person to have a bar with only Communing spirits (& for example SoGM - Signet of Ghostly Might). The limitation is only there for spirits, not the other skills, so you can still have the same skills (e.g. you can both have Armor of Unfeeling).

tol

@Kuishen, how far into Factions are you?

I have a pet project character im running through the game right now, I'm currently in Vabbi in nightfalls but i'm pretty open to doing factions/prophecies if someone or a group of people want to run through the game. IGN is Kai Zanshin but it's probably easier to PM me or hit me up on AIM because I don't login regularly (but would if someone wants to run through missions).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

guess i'll need to look for some guide for Faction missions - i dont find any npc that gives quests - Lv8 right now

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by supercoco View Post
    guess i'll need to look for some guide for Faction missions - i dont find any npc that gives quests - Lv8 right now
    You probably missed a connecting quest somewhere.

@Tol Just finished the second mission. We're taking it slow cause neither of us really wants to go it alone (me having done that with my monk and him being new to the game) so basically whenever we're both available at the same time and not playing L4D2/TF2 with other friends. I'll add you on AIM and maybe we can work something out or whatever.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Started working on LDOA last night. Going to be horrible and I'm kind of doubting I'll ever finish it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

yea, you're right. had to talk twice with the npc that gave me the subclass quest. goind second mission right now

tol

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Started working on LDOA last night. Going to be horrible and I'm kind of doubting I'll ever finish it.
    I felt like that but I actually did end up finishing my 2nd (!!!) LDOA right before the Christmas event started, a buddy then ran me through eye of the north far enough to get Livia. I snowball domination'd my way to survivor a couple days after that. 2 things I really thought i'd never do, let alone on a single character.

Once you can pick up Langmar's daily it just becomes easier if you wait until Farmer Hamnet. First character: I'd just zone out of Foibles (with Hamnet daily) kill the first 2 daily mobs right by the res stone and map warp back inside. Zone out > rinse repeat until 20. My 2nd LDOA I got 14 right as the daily switched from Hamnet. I waited a couple days until Footman Tate quest and I decided I didn't want to wait another 4 days. I used my 2nd account to flip the north gate for me on each Tate farming run. Footman Tate is actually a really good experience yield and less mind numbing than Hamnet farming but considerably harder. I basically killed every Charr and sold Charr bags/Blk Dyes/Charr Salvage/Runes in my pit stops and worked up enough pre-gold to buy 3,000 party points by the time I got LDOA on my 2nd character.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Titles have to be the worst part bout doing HoM. >.<

Working on factions vanquishing and cartographer at the same time. Got 9 vanquishes and 11% map to go. And that still only puts me at 5 titles. Something like 30 or 50 titles for maxed titles for HoM.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

And why again are you doing VQ for HoM... especially if you don't like it... ?

It's not needed for 30pts. And if you're doing it for the extra titles.. well.. I'd say only do that if you're enjoying it.

The GW1 titles won't mean shit in GW2 anyway when there will be new titles to grind for; and you can only have 1 active title.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
    And why again are you doing VQ for HoM... especially if you don't like it... ?

It's not needed for 30pts. And if you're doing it for the extra titles.. well.. I'd say only do that if you're enjoying it.

The GW1 titles won't mean shit in GW2 anyway when there will be new titles to grind for; and you can only have 1 active title.
    Why did people do 100% completion on rpgs back before we had achievements/trophies? Cause they felt like it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Oh yes, agreed. I'm just saying don't torture yourself with Vanquish when there are easier ways to get a few titles to get to 30/50 HoM (if that's Eanae's goal; didn't lookup HoM progress).

If you do campaigns + protector you already have 6 titles.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
    Oh yes, agreed. I'm just saying don't torture yourself with Vanquish when there are easier ways to get a few titles to get to 30/50 HoM (if that's Eanae's goal; didn't lookup HoM progress).

If you do campaigns + protector you already have 6 titles.
    He already has 30/50 afaik, going for more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast