FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Yeah, I already have 30/50. 6 vqs and 7% map left for factions. And I lost survivor doing the afk method last night at 200,000. >.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Every time ArenaNet releases new, big news about Guild Wars 2, I log into Guild Wars. Interesting psychological effect. Unfortunately, whenever I do, I don't see any bgppl online.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Dragir View Post
    Every time ArenaNet releases new, big news about Guild Wars 2, I log into Guild Wars. Interesting psychological effect. Unfortunately, whenever I do, I don't see any bgppl online.
    Friend been out of town, waiting for him before continuing. Am wanting to start shit up hardcore when he gets back though.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I'll be on tonight either continuing my vanquishes or farming some lightbringer rank. I haven't decided yet. Got a few more points I can easily wrack up but I need to spend some money on inscriptions for my new hero build. :/

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

any suggestion for the "keep all the tree singers alive" mission ? [faction]

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

You really need a partner to do it with, each of you taking 3 heroes.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You can sorta approximate that by ordering your list and manually setting the top three + yourself as one "team" and then have the general rally point as the other and split your force between the two ramps that way. It's still a pain in the ass.

tol

That is the only mission in the entire game that gives me fits. I would suggest going with a partner you trust, you CAN solo it but it's ridiculously easier with another human being.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Me and my friend just finished mission 4 of Factions, gonna be going to EotN and Kamdan to get some heroes before doing anything else, and we've almost got enough money for max armor. After max armor, I know we need to save money for runes but I'm lost as to what runes we should go for. He'll be going for a Communing build, and I'm going to be switching over to Channeling once I get Signet of Spirits. Halp? I've never fully understood the rune system in this damn game, or insignias.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

If you are just planning on working towards HoM rewards and not really focusing on endgame area speed runs and high levels of min/maxing, Insignias & Runes of Vitality are probably the best bet. You can always remove them later on with perfect salvage kits if you really want. Personally, when I started out, I just used what runes I salvaged off gear as I went. It is only when you start doing hard modes that the runes become important, imho. I highly recommend to salvage runes and ID them even if you don't plan on using them. Some sell for quite a bit of gold and platinum at the rune vendor.

If you are going to be a channeling rit it might be worth it try to find someone selling a Ssyn's Staff. I still use it very often. You can usually get it for 2-5 platinum or less, or you can try farming for it. The boss that drops isn't too far from the Jade Flats entrance to the Archipelagos.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Rysa View Post
    If you are just planning on working towards HoM rewards and not really focusing on endgame area speed runs and high levels of min/maxing, Insignias & Runes of Vitality are probably the best bet. You can always remove them later on with perfect salvage kits if you really want. Personally, when I started out, I just used what runes I salvaged off gear as I went. It is only when you start doing hard modes that the runes become important, imho. I highly recommend to salvage runes and ID them even if you don't plan on using them. Some sell for quite a bit of gold and platinum at the rune vendor.

If you are going to be a channeling rit it might be worth it try to find someone selling a Ssyn's Staff. I still use it very often. You can usually get it for 2-5 platinum or less, or you can try farming for it. The boss that drops isn't too far from the Jade Flats entrance to the Archipelagos.
    Thanks! And yes that is what I was planning on doing, have already ID'd 3 that I'm going to sell once I get a perfect salvage kit.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Any particular suggestion for doing this at this late date? Profession, starting area, etc? And do you need to be Ranger or /Ranger in order to maximize the HoM or can you get the pet stuff in another way?

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

After a certain point in any campaign you can change your subjob for a fee so you don't need to pick ranger or /ranger at the start. Ritualist is easy mode for farming and most missions, I'd say go something different if you want to team up with me and my friend (since we're already both ritualist) but we're fairly inconsistent at this point so you'd probably end up passing us anyways so it might be in your best interest to go Ritualist anyways. Factions to start, get to where you have access to EotN then do that for heroes, then finish factions.

If you don't want to go Ritualist I'm not sure which profession is next easiest. I think maybe necromancer but /shrug. You'd have to ask somebody else. Use the guide in the OP for your goals.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Mesmer is also very strong for bypasses defense damage. The main downside being that they're harder to stack damage between.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

if you want to learn a new subclass , you need to pay 500g, and then you'll be able to switch your subclass whenever you want as long as you're in a town

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Holy shit, Guild Wars in my BG? It's more likely than I'd think, apparently. My GW name is Sarda The Sage - look me up if you ever need help with anything (I can pretty much faceroll most content in NM or HM with my heroes). I haven't been on much myself lately but there are a few things I still need to do for GWAMM and 50/50 so I will be playing a bit more in the next few months.

tol

sweet treats event has been up since yesterday, if you need some HoM money get farmin those raptors or vaettir. 11e for a stack of bunnies seems standard today.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Whoever said that Rit+Rit was a good way to go through HoM progression was dumb....

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    Whoever said that Rit+Rit was a good way to go through HoM progression was dumb....
    Works out pretty well for me and my friend, aside from the occasional Mesmer tearing us a new one. o.o

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Rit + Rit and do DoA for money. DwG some shit yo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast