+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Almost 30/50 in my HoM, i can safely say that its not exactly been my favorite reason for getting back into guild wars, but its nice to be playing it again.

0/80 amber chunks to go ugh playing pvp with bots is going to suck.

tol

Less than 15 days and both my accounts will be 7 years old :] Now the yearly debate...sell the presents or keep (usually sell them)

Unless you need them for 50/50ing selling them, but then again there is no benefit other than titles past 30/50ing

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Almost 30/50 in my HoM, i can safely say that its not exactly been my favorite reason for getting back into guild wars, but its nice to be playing it again.

0/80 amber chunks to go ugh playing pvp with bots is going to suck.
    Personally, I just vanquished all the Luxxon areas to get the majority of my Jade chunks for the armor set. The rest I bought from the NPC vendor. I think I only had to buy 20 or so chunks, which at the time cost no more than 30 platinum.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Did the same for all my shards. Vanquishing, especially on a double weekend, nets you a crap ton of faction.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

so I have like... 5. or something. are there any that are really easy to get/seek a benefactor to help with? I'm too busy with a lot of other stuff to put in much time any time soon.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Near effortless 20 points: http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Anymore than this and you'll probably really need to start adding time to do things like more weapons and armors.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

not sure what I am supposed to see from that. just shows 3/50.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Near effortless 20 points: http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Anymore than this and you'll probably really need to start adding time to do things like more weapons and armors.
    Edit: beaten.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Apparently it doesn't let you send planned builds.

Here you go then:
    1 rare, 1 unique mini
    3 hero armors for eotn heroes
    M.o.x added to HoM
    Imperial Phoenix captured from end of factions
    Eternal protector of tyria and cantha
    Eternal hero of tyria cantha and elona
    Ancient armor from near the end of nightfall
    1 destroyer weapon
    1 oppressor weapon

I finished 30/30 weeks ago and uninstalled GW, it took like 20mins to just buy all the amber i needed and gtfo.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I finished 30/30 weeks ago and uninstalled GW, it took like 20mins to just buy all the amber i needed and gtfo.
    Game has grown on me, will prolly play it until GW2 comes out if I finish 30/50 before then.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

wtfdocumentary

In case you were wondering why ArenaNet is so confident that GW2 will have a strong "e-sports" presence.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So I'm at 14/30 atm, just need to finish up cantha and tyria missions on HM and then everything is just buying shit. I just got set up for DoA frostway runs, anybody know a guild that would take in a newb and teach me the ropes? Have the skills (aside from the optional one cause I'm lazy and fuck doing more annoying quests) and armor setup, just need weapons (though I have a staff that the frostway build says to have, and I also have a 40/40 channeling set.), and somebody to teach me.

I /can/ afk farm glint's challenge for money, or do that shitty quest from hearts of the north but that is all incredibly goddamn boring, would like to do DoA cause it seems way faster.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Honestly, you don't even need to do any "frostway" BS. and the Hardmodes arent required either. As long as you can make money and can solo Glint you are pretty golden. I would seriously suggest you get ALL the hero statues. The armors are not entirely difficult to farm/buy. Pacman is perhaps the most annoying thing in the game, but once you get it down you are going to get the armor pieces you need. Sunspear armor is a fricking joke to farm as well. (I got all 5 in a single run, while my friend got his over about 6-7runs.) The final armor piece I will admit is easier to do with a group, but it can be soloed, you just need a decent group set up for the rift challenge.

Otherwise, with the prices of mini's i would suggest that 30 minis is cheaper than getting more than 2 weapons.

All in all I did 30 in ~30 days of minor playing. You start off slowly and then the last 10 points go super fast.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    Honestly, you don't even need to do any "frostway" BS. and the Hardmodes arent required either. As long as you can make money and can solo Glint you are pretty golden. I would seriously suggest you get ALL the hero statues. The armors are not entirely difficult to farm/buy. Pacman is perhaps the most annoying thing in the game, but once you get it down you are going to get the armor pieces you need. Sunspear armor is a fricking joke to farm as well. (I got all 5 in a single run, while my friend got his over about 6-7runs.) The final armor piece I will admit is easier to do with a group, but it can be soloed, you just need a decent group set up for the rift challenge.

Otherwise, with the prices of mini's i would suggest that 30 minis is cheaper than getting more than 2 weapons.

All in all I did 30 in ~30 days of minor playing. You start off slowly and then the last 10 points go super fast.
    The problem isn't making the money, it's that what I do to make the money is so mind-numbingly boring I don't think I can actually do it to make all the money I need, hence wanting to do DoA since it would be mildly more interesting.

EDIT: wtf is pacman? lol

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Pacman refers to the challenge mission at the Remains of Sahlahja. Basically you enter the worm you do towards the end of the Nightfall mission set and you are Pacman... Eating small pellets and Power Up big pellets in order to kill the random ghosts that spawn. Personally, I never liked it, but you only have to do it a few times once you understand how to play it in order to get the 5 Ancient Armor Remnants that you need in order to put the 5 heroes in your HoM.

The other 2 Nightfall challenge missions are much more entertaining. The Dajikah Inlet for the Sunspear Armor Remnants is quite fun and it also gives Sunspear rep quite nicely if you are wanting to do the Titles HoM setup. While the Shadow Nexus mission can be a pita without the right setup, it is a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. You just have to hope that you get lucky with drops.

These are perhaps the easiest points you can do in my opinion. If you have the capability to do an AFK Glint setup, you have the capability to do any of these. They just take some time and can't be afk'd. Do take note though. The game seems to not want to give any one player more than ~7 armors. I have tried to farm more than that but was never able to do so. DoA would be more interesting for sure, but for time/effort spent, getting these done via the challenge missions you will be much better off imo.

Do you guys have any suggestion/ advice in soloing the Genius Operated Living Enchanted M....something quest? xD Been having a hard time doing it :X Thanks in advance!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dorkkaos View Post
    Do you guys have any suggestion/ advice in soloing the Genius Operated Living Enchanted M....something quest? xD Been having a hard time doing it :X Thanks in advance!
    Name a date and time and I'll be there with all my ridiculously overpowered Heroes.

Cadwallen Anueryn in-game.

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dorkkaos View Post
    Are you following the guide on the wiki? You can run around the outside and go kill all the mobs on the field first, this helps a lot. Then just hang at the golems and run back and forth.