Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Guild Wars 1: Gotta HoM em' all

Since we started taking over the GW2 thread a bit, starting a dedicated thread for this. A few people have started up in anticipation for GW2 and starting up their HoM for rewards.

Guild Wars 2 rewards are based on the achievements and honors accumulated by all the characters on your Guild Wars account. These are collected in the Hall of Monuments, which is available in Guild Wars: Eye of the North. As many Guild Wars players know, the Hall of Monuments is an instanced location, a massive trophy vault that is personalized to your characters. The Hall commemorates your achievements in Eye of the North, the original Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, and Guild Wars Nightfall. The monuments in the Hall are worth points that you can use to provide your Guild Wars 2 characters with exclusive titles, companions, and items.
    Now you can use the Hall of Monuments Reward Calculator to understand how the benefits are calculated, determine what rewards you've unlocked, and discover what other items will be available when Guild Wars 2 launches. You just have to enter a valid character name from your Guild Wars account to get started!
    HoM Rewards can be found here: http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=welcome

A good beginners guide to the HoM: http://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars/co..._at_beginners/

In game names:
    Asai - Asai Kaiyosho
    Chrian - Chrian Kywind
    Dragic - Cadwallen Anueryn
    Eanae - Eanae Romaji
    Isiolia - Isiolia Mitra
    Kuishen - Syntara Shinamari
    Pyree - Pyree The Devout
    Rysa - Drake Farcaller
    Takiwaki - Trixi Oni

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

My in-game name is Syntara Shinamari. Decided to make a chick char for once. >_> My second char will have my usual name.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

lol.. never thought i'd see the day where this thread was on bg

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

I just started playing a couple weeks ago. I'm trying to work towards 30/50, but I play pretty casually so far. Name is Pyree The Devout.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

My main character's name is Isiolia Mitra, but I've mostly been playing other games since getting through the campaigns (still need to do Beyond stuff though).

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    lol.. never thought i'd see the day where this thread was on bg
    Gotta get the rewards for GW2.

If anyone one wants to do anything over the weekend, add me Trixi Oni. I have a mes and war

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

i'm 21/30 and I do mapping runs of all campaigns hit me up

Chrian Kywind if your interested

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Trying to get my account unbanned. If it happens add Snow Capped Romance.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Colenzo View Post
    Trying to get my account unbanned. If it happens add Snow Capped Romance.
    You would be banned lol.

SPUULY
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

well, I'm not on much. also, does it matter which name I use? I think it changes on the list depending on which character you were on last? I could be wrong but I thought that's how the lists(friend list, guild list, ect.) worked anyway. Well, the only name I can remember off the top of my head is Inia Merenia. I may be on tomorrow sometime, I'm up for most things, as long as I have fun doing it.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I tried to find an answer to this on the wiki but I couldn't really get a clear one. HoM is an account wide thing right? So can I do like part of the HoM on one character, and another part of it on another character and it'll all count towards my score for the GW2 rewards?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    I tried to find an answer to this on the wiki but I couldn't really get a clear one. HoM is an account wide thing right? So can I do like part of the HoM on one character, and another part of it on another character and it'll all count towards my score for the GW2 rewards?
    Yes it's account-wide. But you will still have to unlock Eye of the North with both characters and do the story line for tapestries (though some players sell them) to be able to place stuff in HoM. Except for titles, don't need tapestry for that.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

afk farming glints

lol doing this right now

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm quickly approaching level 20 and I still have no clue what endgame is in this game, at least with XI I could go "OK, you go up to Sky and kill shit for drops, same thing with Sea, and HNMs blah blah" even before I got to that point. I don't know if it's just because it's been a long time since I've been a "newb" in an MMO but I'm really starting to doubt I'm going to get the hang of this game. o.o

Also it would be cool if we could all join the same (preferably active) guild, as the one I'm currently in is full of people less knowledgeable about the game than I am, with maybe 1 person that knows what he's doing.

EDIT: I think it's because of the social aspect that I'm not clicking with this game, aside from like 3 random encounters with strangers doing the same mission and the help I've received from BGers I have not talked to anybody else, like at all. I joined my guild and then like nobody ever talked on it so I don't really see the point of being in it.

Crackodactyl
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm currently going through nightfall, certain things keep kicking my ass though and I am thinking I'm just not setting up my heroes properly. I'm an assassin/necro dagger spam PVE, so if anyone has any tips or good setups for heroes I'm all ears.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    I'm quickly approaching level 20 and I still have no clue what endgame is in this game, at least with XI I could go "OK, you go up to Sky and kill shit for drops, same thing with Sea, and HNMs blah blah" even before I got to that point. I don't know if it's just because it's been a long time since I've been a "newb" in an MMO but I'm really starting to doubt I'm going to get the hang of this game. o.o
    I would say a good 85% of the game is played at the max level, so once you hit it, you aren't "done" with it at all. Each Campaign has end game areas you can do. Prophecies has Fissure of Woe and The Underworld, Factions has The Deep and Urgoz's Warren, Nightfall has the Domain of Anguish. Eye of the North really doesn't have any specific end game areas, the closest things to them are the hard mode optional dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Asai View Post
    I'm currently going through nightfall, certain things keep kicking my ass though and I am thinking I'm just not setting up my heroes properly. I'm an assassin/necro dagger spam PVE, so if anyone has any tips or good setups for heroes I'm all ears.
    What heroes do you currently have? A good beginner hero set-up is Discordway. Also, Panic and Ineptitude Mesmers are really great. If you haven't yet, go to Eye of the North and get Gwen, a mesmer, and do a few of the beginning missions, so you can go to Gunnar's hold. Then do the arena quest there a few times until you fight someone named Xandra. She is a ritualist, and when you beat her, she will join your group. Go skill cap Signet of Spirits, and you can turn her into a really good dps/support hybrid.

Go to the PVX wiki and you can find a lot of really good builds.
    http://www.gwpvx.com/PvX_wiki

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

endgame in guild wars is all about skins, max rank armor and weapons are from npc's the rest are like earning tormented/destroyer/oppressors skins and using weapons mods and inscriptions on them.
    theres also lots and lots of weapon "skins" that are worth higher and lower in value depending on the market, market is Kamadan district 1, temple of balth d1, eye of the north d1. People usually team up for zaishen quests or vanquishes and Domain of anguish. Guilds are good for pvp and learning how to sync up members for say fort aspenwood, jade quarry, and alliance battles.

Crackodactyl
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Rysa View Post
    I would say a good 85% of the game is played at the max level, so once you hit it, you aren't "done" with it at all. Each Campaign has end game areas you can do. Prophecies has Fissure of Woe and The Underworld, Factions has The Deep and Urgoz's Warren, Nightfall has the Domain of Anguish. Eye of the North really doesn't have any specific end game areas, the closest things to them are the hard mode optional dungeons.

What heroes do you currently have? A good beginner hero set-up is Discordway. Also, Panic and Ineptitude Mesmers are really great. If you haven't yet, go to Eye of the North and get Gwen, a mesmer, and do a few of the beginning missions, so you can go to Gunnar's hold. Then do the arena quest there a few times until you fight someone named Xandra. She is a ritualist, and when you beat her, she will join your group. Go skill cap Signet of Spirits, and you can turn her into a really good dps/support hybrid.

Go to the PVX wiki and you can find a lot of really good builds.
    http://www.gwpvx.com/PvX_wiki

Thanks for that! I've been playing on and off for years but I never really got much accomplished (kept losing interest in the game). Yea I've been to Eye and I think I have Gwen, not sure about Xandra though, gonna go check her out now.

Btw my character is Asai Kaiyosho

Hah lol I just realized I had the black moa quest completed and never captured it, got 2 more points on my HOM from it, 23/30. I really dont know if I am gonna go further much of the stuff I need will take much more grinding. I will help anyone on weekends, add me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast