+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    New Odin
    BG Level

Oh yeah, if they included FFX-2 in the package I'd definitely get this. Too bad.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

While I enjoyed FFX, and might play it again remastered in HD, I'll be doing it on my PS3 and not on the Vita, since that seems to be an option. Would be nice if they included X-2 in with it, but as long as the price doesn't rise too high I guess I won't mind. Regardless, I'm with those that would prefer a remake of VI or VII.

I don't ever expect more of a remake of VI than what they did for IV (and would be happy as hell to get it, especially if they added some episodic content to it like they did with IV). Not entirely sure why they haven't yet, but hopefully it'll happen eventually, and I'll definitely be buying it when they do.

And if they're calling this some kind of anniversary project, just means I'll be hoping they're working on a VII remake and it'll show up at it's 20th for the next-gen system(s).

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'll play this if they get a new VA for Tidus and take out the worst cutscene ever conceived (you know the one).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

if the VA can say Tide us and not ti dus i'll get the game because FFX was pretty awesome was my first ps2 game and FF7 was my first ps1 game god damn Square you hold alot of my gaming memories ; ;

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

People have been doing this with their PCs for years.... for free. Here's some screens of the game in 1018p (odd res, I know; not my emulator or pics, source in image urls). This new official $40 PS3 port will probably be 1280x720 because it will save them money. At least they'll put it into a 16:9 ratio. Maybe. And hopefully they'll use the International version of the original; a LOT of Americans haven't fought the Dark Aeons and Penance.

Spoilered for people with bad computers:

Oh and Square-Enix will NEVER create new media for Final Fantasy VI, VIII, or IX. Fucking tragedy, but you should all come to accept it already.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Tidus's name is never said in game is it? You can name Tidus at the beginning of the game so they made sure all of the spoken dialogue doesn't include Tidus. Just googled it and a few NPCs do say Tidus supposedly but I don't remember them.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

See, the thing is though many of the Hidef reworks include new textures in addition to being higher resolution. While those screenshots are gorgeous, they speak more to the quality of the engine and texture art and compression in the original game. SE has historically been good with the textures in their games - making things look pretty despite memory limitations. If they go back and redo all the textures, FFX would look absofuckinglutely amazing.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i don't get why people are hung up on calling him Tide-us. His name is Tee-dus. Always was, always will be. This was never mentioned in the game itself, but once in the pre-release trailer, and so many times in Dissidia.

i think a HD remake/port of FFX shouldnt just be resolution increase and texture tweaks but also sorting out graphical glitches, drawing distance and other types of effects.. some of which tend to work better if the resolution is lower.. tricks like that.. that and maybe the movement of certain character models..

also, I hope they redo some of the VA. even if they don't touch the existing VA, they should at least make it an option where the game's character actually say the name "Tidus" with voice provided you stick to the original name. really isn't that hard...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i can do without a tee-dus not cool enough to be a main character with a golfing utensil in his name :/

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    His name is Tee-dus.
    Is it u as in the letter u?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

um. no.

its kinda like Tee-durst (as in Windurst) except without the R or the T.
    or.. tee-does.
    or.. tee-duhs

Relic Shield
    BG Level

First thing that came to mind was this gem
    Spoiler: show

Confirmed as DLC

Funny that me and my buddy were talking about Blitzball as the best mini game ever. I'm super excited to play it again since the last time I played it was on my PC like 3 years ago. I need trophies to show everyone how cool I am at vidya.

As said before, how about that FFVI remake SE?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i agree blitzall had more time spent on it then me adventuring in ffx which is a little sad when the mini game is liked more then the main game....

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    um. no.

its kinda like Tee-durst (as in Windurst) except without the R or the T.
    or.. tee-does.
    or.. tee-duhs
    That sucks. I like it better with a u.

Lolz, I loved his personality back then. Goes well with the overall art style. Not so doom&gloomy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    i agree blitzall had more time spent on it then me adventuring in ffx which is a little sad when the mini game is liked more then the main game....
    Imagine playing Bltizball online.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh, all the afk'ers.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Tee-dus was also mentioned in kingdom hearts, also there was nothing wrong with the VA besides Yuna. Yuna was always kinda stale but I didn't really mind it much. The laughing scene was funny to me... they were forcing laughs, nothing wrong with it.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Day one buy, I love me some X.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Mjd View Post
    Imagine playing Bltizball online.
    the lag D: you'd be 10-0 if you was playing against a team of npc's :/

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'm so excited.. but then I remembered how painful it was to get Lulu's ultimate weapon and I got depressed........

Only done it once, but would have to do it again so I'd have a save file on the PS3 with it..