+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Got through chocobo, butterflies, and 200 lightning strikes, but 50 blitzball tournaments later and still no Jupiter sigil. Fuck you RNG.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    Got through chocobo, butterflies, and 200 lightning strikes, but 50 blitzball tournaments later and still no Jupiter sigil. Fuck you RNG.
    There is actually a really cheap way of getting one without playing much Blitzball. I can't remember the exact method, but it involved restarting Blitzball entirely after getting certain rewards or something, I found it out on GameFAQs somewhere, probably on the forum for the game. I really hated Blitzball and just wanted to get that asap, so I looked around for something like that.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    I enjoy blitzball so I was cool with that part, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    There is actually a really cheap way of getting one without playing much Blitzball. I can't remember the exact method, but it involved restarting Blitzball entirely after getting certain rewards or something, I found it out on GameFAQs somewhere, probably on the forum for the game. I really hated Blitzball and just wanted to get that asap, so I looked around for something like that.
    Yep. Basically I think just after the end tenth league or before the tournament starts save the game. Basically you want to have a save just before a tournament/league starts (you can keep resetting the rewards if you keep quitting/loading at that moment).

Though I forgot when exactly you save and how you're supposed to know when a tournament starts.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Was gonna say something like 'too soon', then looked up the release date and saw it was more than 10 years ago. Fuck I'm old.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I honestly didn't think it was 10 years old either, lol. Fucking time flies by. I'm going to blame the fact that FFX sure as hell doesn't look or feel like a JRPG game released in 2001.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'll probably only buy this if it has the international stuff added to it. Otherwise sticking with PCSX2.

I'll probably buy it just to replay it (and not accidentally save over my fella's save game he was up to fighting Penance on this time). Nostalgia since it was the first game I bought for PS2 when I finally got round to getting the console if nothing else.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Wait, FFX is 10 years old?

What the fuck

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

ITT: Making everyone realize just how old they really are.

I still remember the hype for FFX I followed so closely up to its release. I was 11, fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    I honestly didn't think it was 10 years old either, lol. Fucking time flies by. I'm going to blame the fact that FFX sure as hell doesn't look or feel like a JRPG game released in 2001.
    It's not just that, it's just the time between the single player FFs makes time go by fast. It's been taking forever for each new FF series to be released (FF7, 8, and 9 came out only 1-2 years apart) while starting with FFX (ignoring MMO) it's been nearly 5+ years apart.

Inb4 FF15 comes out 10 years after FF13 and they make an anniversary version of FF13. Everyone will be like "Wow it just seemed like FF13 came out only recently" >.>.

But yeah even some PS3/Xbox 360 games don't look "that much" better than PS2 games (Last Remnant [for example] kind of looks better but not that huge of a difference).

Edit - I mean the leap from PS1 to PS2 isn't as huge (graphic wise) compared to PS2 to Xbox 360/PS3 in most cases (well actually there seems to be a lot of variety with how games look on seventh gen compared to sixth. Some games look like PS2 games while others do look a lot better.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    ITT: Making everyone realize just how old they really are.

I still remember the hype for FFX I followed so closely up to its release. I was 11, fuck.
    I remember reading about FFX in a magazine. Can't remember the last time I did that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think I remember that. After much speculation the series would abruptly end with the failure of the motion picture and the fact that FF8 (barely) sold worse than its predecessor internationally, Square abruptly announced FF9, 10, and 11 in one press event to hush fans. Playonline was going to take a major role in all 3 titles. FF9 ended up using it to force owners of the Brady Guide to look up all of the answers they'd already paid for (this service no longer exists), FF10 didn't use any online functions whatsoever, and FF11 made poor use of the service as well I am told.

Also, it only seems like FF10 came out more recently because the company that produced it hasn't released a video game of similar quality in the decade since. The brains of the operation is still in Honolulu making Lego monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    JP tidus is a crow

never saw jp version before but! ! ! is taht zoro as wakka!!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by lokiandeath View Post
    never saw jp version before but! ! ! is taht zoro as wakka!!
    Yar Kazuya Nakai

New Odin
    BG Level

wat

That's right, caught by surprise announcement at the Tokyo Game Show to see again in our Final Fantasy X and PSVita PS3, and just give information, leaving many doubts. It was rumored that it would be an HD remaster as we have already seen in our PS3. Nothing is further from reality, to our knowledge from PSTime will be a remake using the engine of Final Fantasy XIII.

Here are some details:

Use the same engine that Final Fantasy XIII and adapted to PSVita.
    All that is made from scratch with the new engine is the design of the characters, the aeons and stage elements.
    The sets and scenes in HD remasters CGI will implement a "filter" FFXIII Engine.
    The magic and some lighting effects are achieved with the new engine "Luminous".
    The Blitzball undergo small changes.
    Online options will include (not yet known details).
    The release date in Japan in fiscal 2012.
    That's all the details we could learn from PSTime, soon we will offer new information.
    How 'bout XIII battle system (X-2 is okay too) to not make the combat a total bore? Anyway, buying.

Who the hell are PSTime tho? Might be total bs.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, some random no-name Spanish website being the first to report such a big piece of news? I don't buy it in the slightest. Would be cool if true though, but it'd also mean Square are actually putting forth some effort in to it, which is the last thing I'd expect too.

New Odin
    BG Level

Yeah like they just completely butchered that Tactics Ogre "remake" too (along with FFIII & IV on the DS). Hurrderpherp

I remember Wada put their junior workforce to make all the remakes/ports of older games to teach them or whatever. Perhaps it's time to step up the game.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Man you guys will believe anything

Breaking: FFVII will be "filter" engxine remade Luminous lighting assets scratch PS4/PSVita/360 aeons Blitzball Sephiroth. That's all the details we could learn from PSTime, soon we will offer new information.!one

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

not believing a source that is both unknown and unreliable.

There are a good number of ways they can go about with a HD remake, and whilst it's probably easier to go the easy way and use the original stuff, play with lighting and upscale, there IS a possibility that they'd go back to in and push it through Crystal Tools.

After all, they do seem intent on streamlining their game production through the same engine. Such a move would simply be importing PS2 data into Crystal Tools, allowing for greater ease at working on it there. Not going to say everything will work or won't need reworking, but its something that does seem logical.

Some of the effects should be reworked as well. Not saying the original was bad, but a remake/port still has the room to make visual changes and still be somewhat faithful to the original.

FFIV on PSP is one great example of that. Spell animation there is seriously gorgeous, but gameplay-wise its true to the original. The DS one was crap tho.

The rest of the stuff seem dubious tho. Online function >_> blitzball matches maybe lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast